Results: World Cup 2018

KBC Sports⚽

Important Meeting being held at Team's Headquarters in Highton.
After, today's Panel discussion with our Channel, the Krevti Sports High Commission has called a meeting on what to do in the next match.
There are a lot of expectations that may come after the meet, Most Fans have predicted that the Goalkeeper may be replaced. While some fans have said that the meeting has been called just to discuss the strategies.
A thing is to be noted that the Marketing Officer of Aura Corporation and an Official from Ministry of Sports has also come.

Stay Tuned for More
:rum:

Last edited:
9l3EMKo.png

Prydanian Football Association Gives out Free Team Gear
18 December 2018

Peter Bach, Kurt Møch, and the rest of the Prydanian national team have been making headlines with bombastic interviews aimed at their opponents from Krevt, but today they followed up a team meeting with a full-scale practice.

The Prydanian Football Association (PFa), meanwhile, is making waves back home. A lot has been made of “World Cup MERCH,” especially from the Krevt team. The PFa, however, has been taking a different route.
They have, instead, been distributing free scarves, jerseys, shirts, and hats at watch parties and team rallies.

“We are aware that, during this time of economic rebuilding, it can be hard for average Prydanians to afford merchandise that supports their team” said PFa President Filippa Degn.
“So instead the Association will be giving out free gear to our fans here in Prydania so they can support their team in full. We want a real shot at the World Cup. This a tournament of the very best in the world to us. Not a merchandising opportunity.”

Rumours are that the gear was paid for out of His Majesty’s personal salary. A spokesman for the King declined to comment, but noted that His Royal Majesty loves to see enthusiasm for the beautiful game growing in Prydania.

Last edited:
zjgvxv6.png
Goyanean Team to play North Armatas Friday, Dec. 21
Dag Einarsson -- Highton City, Highton -- Dec. 18, 2018

With the results in from the round of 16, the quarterfinals can now begin. Goyanes pulled off a sweeping victory, but can they do it again? Their next opponents are North Armatas, who defeated the AP Republic 4-2 in the Ro16. Team captain Admunsson is recovering from a tweaked ankle, but should be good to play for Friday. Goyanean fans are excited and on the edge of their seats for the match, hoping they can keep on choppin' to the next round.

Goyanes' newfangled victories out of nowhere have drawn millions of people to their TV sets to watch the games. Each match the viewer ratings get higher and higher according to research done by the Nedsson Institute of Media. These recent victories could very well reshape the soccer industry in Goyanes, and possibly start an emergence of the sport.

The world cup games have also brought increased business to pubs and restaurants, as people crowd in to watch the games with friends and family. One bar owner, Sven Johansson said "this is great for business. We're going to buy a new kitchen for the bar with this income."

We'll see how big blue does on Friday. In the meantime, let's keep choppin'.

Place du Coeur
Saint-Cyr
Lannes, The Lancerian Empire

On the big screen in the center of the square, the final seconds ticked off the clock.
The tension in the air burst.

Cheers filled the air, announcers went wild, and the bell in the tower at the head of the square began to ring in the special pattern of victory, echoing through the city.

"And that's it! With a commanding 3-1 win over Govornia, The Lancerian Empire advances again to the quarterfinals with all cylinders firing."

A picture of the Lancerian captain Florent Harland appeared on the screen and the crowd seemed to cheer even louder.

"Our brave captain continues to be the story of these games, pushing through hard times to score not once but twice tonight! Wherever you go tonight, the excitement is palatable. Few had expected the Empire to go so far, to do so well. Yet here we are, underdogs, biting at a real chance to win the cup. If you're watching from the Place du Coeur or otherwise away from home take care getting in tonight and we'll see you in the quarters."

KBC Sports
The Flaw has been Repaired!
After the team's Meeting yesterday in Highton, Few major decisions were taken.
1) GOALKEEPER REPLACED
Not a big surprise Fans across Krevt had complaint about Malay Sazaria (Goalkeeper) being too selfish and also in the past few matches his performance had gone down very much, The Krevti Team which didn't let any goal happen in the First match , why did Goalkeeping go weak? Because of Malay Sazaria's Selfishness of Money and Negligence of Understanding the opponent's tactics.
The Goalkeeper is now Mahesh Kumar which earlier was not selected due to The weak concentration he had. Now, however he has improved by 5 times and is ready for an Unmatched Victory.

2) Aura Corporation To Merge with other Companies for welfare of Poor sections of society.
The Companies will now provide Broadcast Services and Other Basic Amenities to the People below poverty line along with Free Membership of Mass Rapid Transport Krevt and Free Air Travel membership.
The people will now get Special Swipe cards from which they can commute easily within Krevt and also in Highton if they wish to see matches.
3) 11 New RTAT Ver1.5(Real Time Action Taking) Training Bots have been deployed at Training facility located in Highton.The bots come with more advanced Processing Power and Features as compared to The bots have been manufactured by Freewo Corporation. The bots have been made exclusively for the Krevti Team. The bots come with various Moods and Various Abilities which a real opponent can have. This will provide players with more Tactic solving Thinking so that they become familiar with Pryd..... Opponent's Tactics.

sjZ90y8.png

Anette Leth and Prydanian National Team coach Jacob Høj stand in front of a fenced off area in Highton where the Prydanian team is running drills in the background.

"So Coach, do you have any comments on Krevt's state of the art Training Bots? KBC Sports claims that they can perfectly mimic your tactics."

Høj raises his eyebrows, as if he's more bemused by the idea than anything.

"A machine that can mimic the movements of a human being, eh? Well ok. Whatever they want to waste their money on is their business I suspect. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that between all the 'MERCH' sales and special edition car sales they can afford Training Bots that mimic actual human beings."

Anette continues.

"Does it concern you that these Training Bots will give the Krevt team the edge in the match?"

Høj shakes his head, barely holding back a smile.

"A machine is limited by its programming. A human being is not. Do they think that Ernst Beck or Robin Hald or any of our players are so predictable? My boys grew up playing without structure. Without organization. You know the stories, all our fans at home know the stories of playing football during the war. It leads to a certain...willingness...to try unexpected tactics. Unexpected moves. We've worked hard to come together as a disciplined team but no one should think our guys can't break out something special if conventional play isn't cutting it. Of course Training Bots that are only operating off of a few games' worth of footage won't tell them that, but as I said. It's their money. They can spend it however they like."

Anette nods, continuing the interview.

"How do you feel, knowing that the Krevt team brought in robots to prepare for your team?"

Høj laughs.

"You know, it's funny in a lot of ways. On one hand you see the cockiness this team has, and their coaches have. Robots? Really? We don't even have a fully dedicated training facility back home and they're flying in robots. It's decadent, I think, and my boys know how to deal with decadence."

"It's flattering though, I won't lie. Kvet's a peaceful country from what I know. They have all the money they could need. They have a talented team and well-funded association. So for them to feel like they have to break out robots to play us, a team of misfits plunked from a war-torn county? I guess we really do scare them, and that's flatering."

Anette nods, turning back to the camera.

"Thanks coach, and now back to the studio for the weather!"

"A momentous occasion for The Kingdom of Malta Comino Gozo"! The words of Ray Borg manager of Malta Comino Gozo FC. After his team qualified for the World Cup Quarter Final
" The team on and off the pitches have achieved so much, everyone is excited! I even received a personal phone call from the King congratulating us all on bringing so much thrill to the country". People have never seen anything like this, when I took over manager I knew I had my work cut out, but this is beyond amazing!" Question is can they go even further?

@Malta Comino Gozo will play co host @Nessuno on Friday 21st Dec 19:00

"WE APPRECIATE THEM": says Krevti Team Coach Rahul Sharma.

Like who needs best example of a student who respects it's Gurus and Friends. Obviously our Team's Coach has yet again proven it. Let's have a look at what He said at a press conference today.
"Most of you would have come from I guess...Cities and well developed areas? Or maybe most of you would rarely know who Zafir Khatan was... well he was a Krevti warrior who fought as a Private Officer in Krevti Army from Beginning at around 1987 Till his last breath in 2015. You know what he said when he was going to get promoted? He said ... ' I don't deserve it. There are other officers also out there.' When The Commanding Officer asked why... he replied 'I am just a student who doesn't know how to die for my country.' He was eventually given one of the highest honors I.e Param Mahavir Award when he Killed 38 terrorists alone in one of the Krevt's Army Base. He is still remembered by each Krevti as a hero. Now, why did I Told you this? Because, The Krevti Team is nothing but just a student who is always seeking guidance and training from its mentors. The Prydanians who suffered a 15 year civil war, know much more about worst case situations than any other country! Their players are no doubt one of the best in the World. They started from scratch and have great Immunity power than us. They don't rely on Masks because they've adapted themselves. We really appreciate them for their bravery. Even I as a 21year old used to listen or read in our Political Science books about the Prydanian Civil War. Thank God they overcame the Suffering and are constantly becoming stronger and stronger. We wish them all the best for not only next but further matches if they win. I don't like to hear these Anger igniting media headlines or even I resist to say bad words because, I respect them not only as a rival but as a student too.I wish that they Win the World Cup This year! Because they are the ones who deserve it. They are the ones who need a help. And by winning the Cup they will surely repair the damages to their Country really soon.Moreover I guess we can easily survive if we didn't get the cup. Now,it's your responsibility the fans to wish them luck! If you Want to wish us also then it's also ok. But Pray that they Win this Time."

*Broadcast Over*

Last edited:
Ray Borg: Should Malta Comino Gozo manager make changes?

Malta confirmed their place in the World Cup Quarters with the emphatic 2-0 win over Giandra in Ehm.

It is not a dead rubber - but will Malta manager Ray be tempted to make wholesale changes after opening the World Cup campaign with wins against Lotion Treshmania?

There is a fair temptation to rotate the team, however Malta are picking up momentum and confidence from three victories so Ray Borg might risk disturbing those key elements should he shuffle his pack.

And momentum is a key factor in tournament football. History is littered with teams who have picked up momentum continuously throughout World Cups and charted a path to glory.

Malta also have a rhythm about their play that should only increase with selection consistency. These players are at home with each other and important details like Malta's set-pieces, such a rich source so far here in Highton/Nessuno, are superbly grooved.Borg and his squad have plenty of talent that has yet to be used and game time might be vital for each member of the squad as the World Cup progresses.

MCG Sports 1

joSxpsW.png

AMW Stadium sells out in 39 seconds
- 61,000 seater to host Highton-Lanceria
- Tickets went on sale at 7:00 last night
- Several records broken
TRIER, AL — AMW Stadium is Highton's third largest stadium and the home of HPL league leaders Trier FC. 10,000 tickets were sold in advance at every Hightonian venue ahead of this tournament, with the rest of knockout tickets going on sale 48 hours before the match. Last night, the ticket booth opened for Hightonian fans and the reply was fanatic. The ticketing website crashed within seconds, as there was an incredible demand for tickets from Highton and Lanceria alike. "You're kidding!" yelled many Lancerian fans, as there is a conspiracy theory that the site favored Hightonian supporters. While tournament organizers have shut this theory down, Lancerians have still been left dumbfounded as to how many more tickets were sold to Hightonian accounts. Tickets sold out thirty-nine seconds after the site opened sale, meaning that an average an average of 1307 tickets were sold, per second. Incredible. This means that there will certainly be echoing cheers of "Áfram Highton" all throughout the city of Trier, meaning that the few residents who do not care are in for a long, long, sleepless night.

THE PLAYERS ARE ALL SET!
During Today's practice sessions conducted in Team's HQ in Highton, The Overall performance of the team went up by 20%!!!!!
The Coach credited the Players,Bots and the staff for making this Level up a success. The Team will get a 6hr break from Practice during which they'll visit the Krevti Embassy to cast their Votes for Dec ember General Elections which will decide the Core Developments of Krevt in the coming future.
Politics Aside, we have Mr. Gyan Kumar Chauhan, the Head of Football Association of Krevt to let us know what he thinks of the coming match against Prydania.

"Sir, We have quite a bunch of fans saying that the Krevt May not win this time looking at the Prydania's Performance. However after today's Performance improvement, do you think we can make it to the Semi Finals?"
"I cannot gurantee a win, but... looking at the overall stats, as you said, We may give them a tight competition. With the help of Health Experts in our team that advised them to meditate regularly rather than being on social media has really yielded good results. However, the Prydanian team that is way more rough and masculine and also comprising of players coming out with ashes of anger,determination from the Civil war, they have quite good chances of winning..
However This does not conclude that we will lose.... if we lose then we'll lose with a pride, pride of Reaching the Quarter Finals,pride of re-uniting each section of society of Krevt, We will lose by winning Hearts of many.."

"Sure we will give them a tight one! Moreover we wish you good luck Team Krevt"

"Thank you and all the best to Prydanians too!"

Huge screens have been set up around the capital today as thousands of fans are expected. Kids football matches, carnival food, and also many attractions have been set up, along with 3 massive screens displaying the game against @Nessuno. Each fan will also receive a MCG football shirt and free drink! Traffic to and from the city is awful, please use public transport were available! All public transport is free for the next couple of hours to ensure as many fans get to the screens as possible. The Quarter Finals are here!

Tune in on MCG Radio 1 or MCG Sports 1 from 19:00 for all coverage of the match
senglea-festa-our-lady-of-victories.jpg

Good Luck Malta Comino Gozo FC from everyone!

MCG Radio 1

MORE THAN 7K KREVTI FANS EXPECTED AT THE MATCH!
The sales of tickets for tomorrow's Match against Prydania has seen a rise mostly from Krevtis! The sales went up to 40% after Coach's Yesterday's Press Conference.
The Team has this time too a lot of pressure, but as we know that how Krevti players keep themselves calm at the worst situations also, the match won't be a disappointing one both for Fans and the Economy.
See you Tomorrow.
And .... yes
The Players have casted their votes for December General Assembly Elections.

To the Quarters!

After the miraculous qualification for the round of sixteen, I Grigi again proved themselves, eliminating the Tonga team from the competition in a hard-fought match.
"We suffered real, and the result speaks for itself" says Fornaciari at the end of the match "We had to fight until the last minute to bring home the result, against opponents who did not want to give us any opportunity. to prevail".
A game suffered indeed, and if you think that our next opponents are the team of Malta Comino Gozo, one wonders if it will not be the last.
"It is not a team to be underestimated,
but we will not give up so easily" says a confident Fornaciari.
And we just have to hope so, waiting for the game and praying in another Christmas miracle.

From Il Ghepardo dello Sport

Armatasian News Network
Orange VS Blue
When the national Team enterd the world cup, many were expecting not much from the Team. Football was a minor Sport in Armatas, tho it developed and sustained a fiercly loyal Fanbase. But after the Teams continued advancment troughout the Worldcup, many joined in the celebrations and supporting of the Team. Now its only left to see how well the Team will continue to perform, as seen in various press confrences the Team and its support staff seem highly optimistic that they can achieve great feats, in the future Matches of the World Cup.

The Next match of our Team will be against the Nation of Goyanes, who easily defeated the Syrixian Team 3-0 , with absolute ease. How will our Team fair against this rather strong Team which calls themselves the Blues? Now there is only one option to find out, watch the matchup which will happen in the HightonEnergieArena in Victoria. The exact compisition is once again a well kept secret to give the competition as little information as possible untill the very last minute, the Trainer has once again expressed how proud he is of his Team.

The Police published a reporte that Crime under the influence of alcohol has risen sharply. Various transportation Companies have also reported a big raise in transportation Numbers, be it goods or people. The various Food and Drinks Company have been runing Football themed Advertisment and Products since the Group phase. A Spokesmen for the Industry said that this coup has brought them high income, and that this Year will be a good one for the Industry. Some Shops have also reported that their Runig out of Fan articles, as their bought quicker then they can get resupply, especially in the traditional Sport interested Regions.

Now the wait is nearly over for the next matchup, and everybody is counting on the Team.

Celebrity Corner: Lancerian National Team Looking Sharp On The Town
Marcel Lepellitier
Dec. 20th, 2018

Lancerian athletes were spotted well-representing Lancerian style overseas today. The men's national team competing at this year's World Cup were out for an evening on the town stopping at a 5-star eatery for dinner. Sports analysists say its part of the coach's plan to look after the team's mental health as well as physical health and skill, but all we know is that they looked pretty fine doing it, including tailored Duvalle suits from master tailor Georges Harneaux in Essling and a number of handmade Cremnais shoes.

After dinner the crew was spotted mingling with locals at a popular market in town and they ended the night with a brewery tour. L'informateur corrospondant Rene Navasque managed to briefly catch up with midfielder Marc Boncoeur who said "it's an honour to be over here at all and we're really enjoying the city as well so no complaints here!"

We'll keep you updated on all the latest happenings off the field here at Celebrity Corner.

World Cup Cause Of Increase To Local Business, Noise Complaints
Anne Tessaix
Dec. 20th, 2018

A variety of business owners are certainly welcoming World Cup Season for more than just the Lancerian team's success thus far. Restaurants and bars in cities all over the Empire are welcoming increased business as fans go out with friends to watch the games live with good food and drink. Jerome Montclair, owner of the famous Oiseau de Nuit in Suchet said that his customers were notably more enthusiastic and that he might break record profit levels this month.

The Saint-Cyr Businesses Association (SCBA) is already considering lobbying the government to put in an application to host the 2019 World Cup in the city. Association President Ariane Doisneau said Thursday, "The benefits to local businesses is clear when considering events like these. Many venues benefit from increased patronage and tourists coming from other countries to see their team play. That is all before we consider the potential advertising opportunities. All of that pales, of course, to the spirit of the sport that the World Cup brings to town."

SBCA Board Member Hadrien Fontaine dissented in his own statement today, noting the significant upfront cost to build a new stadium or renovating an existing venue that would inevitably have to follow any such bid.

Some are a little less than pleased at a smaller scale. Saint-Cyr police have confirmed a rise in noise complaints and a slight spike of incidents in the area surrounding the entertainment districts.

The full consequences of the quest for the cup have yet to be seen, however, with the team pressing forward to their next match.

Last edited:
"Winning the Hearts of Fans matters, Not The Match" says Chalap Thakur.

Having very less hope of winning Tomorrow's match, the Captain of The Krevti Team spoke few things on Today's Press Conference with the Media hubs.
"Krevtis have a huge hope on us and so we do on ourselves. However , Looking at the tomorrow's difficulty level, I think that We may not be able to win...but still we can have prayers or hope you can say to keep us motivated to win the match. It has been a great journey for Krevt since the beginning of this Year's World Cup, but we can't ....you know just have things move like as they normally do. Looking at the cup I sometimes wonder that many teams play for their own means and not win the Hearts of the fans because of whom the team survives. So, Winning the Hearts of the fans is what matters rather than winning just a Gold Cup. We hope that tomorrow's Match goes well for us.
Again I'm saying that never lose hope and never stop dreaming.
Because if you do then we the teams won't survive."

That was a really inspiring and also an eye opening conference... so... best of luck both the Krevti and Prydanian Team

"Wish Us A Great Match, Not a Victory we aren't sure about" : says Team Krevt
Just after few hours the time will come for which the whole Krevt is hyped up about. The outcome of match against Prydania will determine the fate of the rest of the match and the fate of the Krevti Sports Industry. The Team members jointly Shared an SMS-text to each Krevti Citizen saying "Wish Us A Great Match,Not a Victory we aren't sure about".
This has two great deep meanings.
One is that Krevti Team is most probably not going to win if Prydanians come up with their 200% and Second but a Inverse meaning is that Though the Team may lose the match but they'll surely going to score a Victory on every Football fan. This implies that they may lose but they haven't lost hope.
This implies that they may Lose the Cup but they will surely secure a place in everyone's Hearts.
Let's wait and watch what will happen in Tomorrow I.e 22nd December's Match.
*clears throat*

Alright Stay Tuned

Off The Team Goes!
The Krevti Team has departed for Today's Match in Stadio Dei Moti in Highton against Prydania.
The Stadium is expected to gain some Vehicular clogging due to Huge amounts of People coming in to see the matches.
We have Few Quotations of People we interviewed after The Krevti Fans got the SMS text.

"Krevt, the team that is doing great since beginning...hmmm I think they'll you know KNOCK EM OFF!!"
"Mahesh Kumar will not disappoint us for sure, cuz he knows how People love their teams and also due his Roots from A Village where Each child prepares for a physical education Degree from age 5 only!
He has masters in it, so .... you know Just KNOCK EM OFF!!"

joSxpsW.png

Onwards!
- Blue Cocos advance after 4-3 win
- Alexís scores equalizer to send game to ET
- Samy Chase scores late winner
TRIER, AL — The army of supporters in blue that filled AMW Stadium rejoiced. The thunderclaps which followed the match could be heard for miles. Highton had done it again– advancing, but not making it easy. It looked like it was going to be a comfortable ride when barely 60 seconds into the game Alexís scored off of a rebound to make it 1-0. Throughout the first half, Highton had many more opportunities to increase the lead but did not take any. The hosts were made to pay for this inefficiency when the Lancerians equalized six minutes from the end of the half. The team was disheartened and started the second half sloppily. In the 54th minute, Lanceria made it 2-1. What seemed to be the killer blow came in the 62nd minute: Emil Galeta, the youngster taking the tournament by storm, was responsible for giving away a penalty, and following a VAR check was sent for an early bath. Before being pushed into the tunnel Galeta was forced to watch on as the penalty slipped past the fingers of John Checker. The introduction of Samy Chase for Percy Gur right after this made a big impact for Highton. Fernando Rossi headed in a cross from Jordaan Brown to get a goal back in the 77th minute, meaning that there was a glimmer of hope. Rossi, who moved to North Highton FC in a big transfer last summer, has had a quiet tournament so far but found the net when his side needed it most. Highton looked to be heading out when Joseph Vard's effort from outside the area was tipped over the bar by the Lancerian keeper. Chase whipped in the cross and Küpfer at the near post headed it out to around the back corner of the six-yard where Alexís waited. A spectacular overhead kick followed which flew into the roof of the net. John Checker came up with a big save in stoppage time to keep the game en route to extra time. Although the first half of extra time was uneventful, Francis Júnior picked up his second yellow card of the tournament which means he will have to miss the next match. In the 118th minute, Highton's moment came. Rossi was coming down the center of the field with Brown streaking down the left flank on a quick overlapping run. Rossi played the ball outside to Brown who whipped in a low cross into the box. Alexís, on the far side of the goal, swung his leg at the ball but instead of shooting backheeled it off to a sprinting Samy Chase who slotted the ball into the bottom right corner of the goal. In the 124th minute, Lanceria gave one last punt at an equalizer in the shape of a dipping shot from 40 yards out but John Checker played hero again by tipping the shot wide. Cheers of "Áfram Highton" could be heard far and wide– the Blue Cocos were in the semifinals.

Highton- John Checker (7); Francis Júnior (Zagovic 112) (8), Mario Küpfer (Männ 89) (8), Emil Galeta (R-62) (5), Adam Guard (6), Jordaan Brown (8); Fernando Rossi (G-77) (9), Percy Gur (Chase 63) (6), Samy Chase (G-118) (8); Joseph Vard (Cornes 90+1) (7), Alexís (G-1,88) (9); Substitutes- Samy Chase (G-118) (8), Thomas Männ (6), Iago Cornes (6), Christian Zagovic (7); Unused Subs- Victor Chan, Alexandre Muñoz, Cole Week, Franz Müller, Anthony Heath, Cro Microini, Jacob Schußer, Otto Berger, John Johnson.

tnajQgY.png

zjgvxv6.png
Goyanean Team advances to Semifinals, to play hosts Nessuno
Dag Einarsson -- Highton City, Highton -- Dec. 20, 2018

Big Blue has pulled it off again and has advanced once again, this time to the semifinals. The team emerged victorious from the match against North Armatas, winning 2-1. Nyberg made the first goal at 45' and Admunsson again at 77'. The game was intense, and much, much closer than the match against Syrixia last weekend. Coach Thor Hannan said that "this victory is one that really showed who we are as a team and that we can go to great heights when we work for it."

Goyanean fans across the nation and the world were ecstatic, many celebrating the advance to the semifinals with block parties and cookouts. The energetic scenes in restaurants and bars as goals were scored could only be equated to major events such as the Hockey Grand Final or the Lacrosse Championships.

The next match will be against world cup hosts Nessuno sometime next week. We hope we can keep this streak rolling. Go Big Blue!

9l3EMKo.png

Prydania Bests Krevt 2-0, Advances to Semis
22 December 2018

Peter Bach backed his bluster up with results, scoring twice to propel Prydania to a 2-0 win over Krevt in the Quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup. The bombastic captain had made a show of talking to the media in the lead-up to the match, vowing to lead Prydania to victory. This game was seen as a test to see if he and his squad could back up such bluster and, for one game at least, they proved they could.
The Prydanian team controlled the flow of the game, stifling Krevt's offensive attempts and keeping them tied up at mid-field. Krevt had previously replaced the reliable Malay Sazaria in goal with promising up and comer Mahesh Kumar. Kumar, to his credit, didn't look out of his depth. Still? He was unable to stop Bach, who was able to exploit the frustrations of a bottled up Krevt offence that never managed to get going. Bach scored once early on, which set the tempo of the game. He scored again midway through the first half. The rest of the game was an exercise in keeping the Krevt team contained.

Bach was ecstatic after the match, draped in a Prydanian flag given to him by a supporter. He was asked what he thought about the game, and Krevt's assurances that he and his squad would be knocked out.
"They talked a lot, they had a sense of entitlement. So I did the only thing I could do, and talked back. They're a very talented group of players though, and that makes this sweeter. We beat some of the best, and now we know, we know we're not lucky. We know we're capable. And we...we're just happy we're giving people back home something to root for."

Prydania advances to the Semifinals, a scenario that seemed unlikely at the tournament's outset. Everything from team selection to training had to be improvised, given the state of Pryanian football only a year and a half removed from the end of the war. Most domestic stadiums remain in a state of disrepair. Now, though, the Prydanian team faces perhaps their greatest challenge. Highton is on the horizon, with the winner advancing to the Finals. Peter Bach had this to say about facing the Highton team.

"They're better than anyone we've faced so far, but we've been through a lot as a squad. We're going to face them together. We're going to win or lose together. Áfram Prydansk!"

joSxpsW.png

Cocos Park set for Semifinal Spectacle
- Highton set to take on Prydania at national stadium
- Galeta, Júnior unavailable for selection.
- Wehr: "Our biggest challenge yet"
HIGHTON CITY, NH — "Prydania are our biggest challenge yet," says Blue Cocos manager Eric Wehr at the press conference. "At this point, they'd have to be considered one of the favorites to go all the way. They are an excellent team who have a sense of brotherhood many national teams can only dream of." Wehr says this, but the Blue Cocos squad has many assets who have been playing together since their youth. The HFA Academy initiative, launched in 2007, has bred a generation of world-class Hightonian talents and has reestablished Highton as one of the global leaders of the sport. Last week, captain and academy graduate Alexís noted the importance of the developmental process at Santa Eliana, adding that "I've known many of these guys since I was 16, 17... it's given us an upper hand in the years since and allowed us to thrive." The Highton City FC star man leads Highton in goals during this tournament with six and will be hoping to raise the trophy in a few days time. The majority of the fanbase expects the XI to roll out in a 5-3-2 once more, a formation which was been enormously successful thus far. Highton started in a 4-2-3-1 formation but lost the opening match against Syrixia which prompted a change to the wingback formation. Highton has a number of exceptional wingbacks such as Jordaan Brown, Christian Zagovic, and Francis Júnior which is why the initial use of a 4-back system was confusing to many. The last of those will, unfortunately, be unavailable meaning that Zagovic will likely fill in at right wing-back. The other player suspended for this match is CB Emil Galeta, who was sent off in the quarter-final, and will be a big loss considering his performances in the cup so far. Crown Prince Diego II had something to say about the match, proclaiming that: "We are in this together! I want everyone at Cocos Park to cheer as loud as they ever have before! The Cup will be ours! Áfram Highton!!!"

joSxpsW.png

ALEXÍS!
- Highton wins on penalties (3-2) after 1-1 tie
- Alexís hero with late equalizer, winning penalty
- Wehr: "Nothing to stop us now"
HIGHTON CITY, NH — The Hightonian supporters celebrated as if they had won the World Cup. They are one massive step closer now. Alexís had saved the Blue Cocos from elimination late in regulation by rounding the keeper and finishing from a tight angle setting the crowd into raptures, but his converted penalty to win in the shootout created a deafening roar which could be heard for miles. The noise reached almost 150 decibels and was detected a few miles away as a minor earthquake. Anyone in Highton City who has not a fanatic football fan, although these are hard to come across these days, would have had a long sleepless night as joyful chants of "Áfram Highton" filled the capital city. The match kicked off at 7:45 local time and right from the get-go it was a tightly contested match between two incredible teams. Prydania were very skilled and nearly scored a few times throughout the first half. Highton's best chance came around the 36-minute mark when Joseph Vard's glancing header was tipped just over the crossbar. The breakthrough came in the 43rd minutes when a Gur handball in the area resulted in a converted Prydanian penalty from Bertram Abildgaard. As the teams went in for halftime, there was much to assess from the home performance. Alexís had been ineffective level with Vard, and Gur had been sloppy in central midfield. Percy Gur's time with the national team may well be up upon the conclusion of the Cup, but he still started the match. At halftime, Eric Wehr made the bold decision to replace Gur with Samy Chase, the younger central midfield who was an exciting prospect for the team. Rossi sat in a more advanced role, with Chase and Müller dropping back. At the beginning of the first half, it looked like Prydania might get a second, but John Checker thwarted these efforts by standing strong in the Hightonian net and pushed all attempted on goal wide or clutching them to his chest. Despite a great defensive performance, Highton still trailed going to the last ten minutes, when Alexís turned on. Mario Küpfer launched a counter-attack by playing the ball up to Joseph Vard. Alexís sprinted with incredible speed but was careful to stay behind the last defender to avoid an offside call. The moment the through ball was played Alexís launched himself past the defender and took three touches to round the keeper and tap the ball into the net. You could see by how he celebrated how much it meant to him. His seventh goal of the tournament was sending Highton to the final. He slid on the sideline as his teammates and manager mobbed him. But the match was not yet over, and the score was still 1-1 going into extra time. But the 30 minutes were uneventful and penalties were imminent. In a chaotic shootout, five players out of the ten missed their kicks. Prydania's miss from Ernst Beck would prove costly, as Highton only needed to convert their remaining two penalties to win. Unfortunately for Prydania, those kicks were taken by Fernando Rossi and Alexís. The team celebrated as Alexís converted on his kick to win the match. Crown Prince Diego II shook hands with His Royal Majesty Tobias III of Prydania and the two exchanged a laugh as the Blue Cocos celebrated victory. In the changing room, the head of state paid the team a surprise visit and celebrated with the team. As a high-ranking member of the Hightonian Football Association, Diego had known many of the players for years. "We're nearly there," he said afterward. Manager Eric Wehr concluded the press conference when asked for predictions ahead of the clash with Nessuno: "There is nothing to stop us now. Áfram Highton!"

Highton (5-3-2)- John Checker (8); Christian Zagovic (6), Mario Küpfer (7), Thomas Männ (8), Adam Guard (6) (Berger 110), Jordaan Brown (8); Percy Gur (5) (Chase 46), Franz Müller (6), Fernando Rossi (8); Iago Cornes (7) (Vard 64), Alexís (9); Substitutes- Samy Chase (7), Joseph Vard (8), Otto Berger (6); Unused Subs- Victor Chan, Alexandre Muñoz, Cole Week, Anthony Heath, Cro Microini, Jacob Schußer, John Johnson; Unavailable- Francis Júnior, Emil Galeta.

Penalties
KickPrydania..Highton
1Bertram AbildgaardJoseph Vard
2Peter BachJordaan Brown
3Kurt MørchSamy Chase
4Ernst BeckFernando Rossi
5Kristoffer KrogAlexís

1mIG21v.png

Last edited:
joSxpsW.png

Judgement Day.
- Blue Cocos prepare for Final
- Full squad available
- Chase, Guard could start over Gur, Galeta
MAGICALLY CITY — Tomorrow will be a big day for Hightonian football– the opportunity for a World Cup victory. Eric Wehr has lots of great players to choose from going into the match, but only eleven can start. Some players are locks, such as Alexís and Fernando Rossi who have had exceptional tournaments. Joseph Vard is a great striker but didn't start the semifinal and didn't have the best of time off the bench making it possible for Iago Cornes to start again. Emil Galeta and Francis Júnior both had had excellent tournaments before their suspensions in the quarterfinal. They are available for the final, but it appears that only Júnior will start against Nessuno. Nessuno had stunned their opponents in this Cup, upsetting Malta Comino Gozo on penalties and shocking Goyanes 3-2 in the semifinal. It has been a surprise to many that the co-hosts have made it to the final, and some have even gone so far as to criticize the tournament organizers of match-fixing, but both teams' players appear unphased by these allegations. Highton City FC and national team captain Alexís has scored 7 goals so far this tournament and is hoping for more in the final. "I'm looking forward to taking on Nessuno again. They are a difficult task, but we know that they are all that stand between us and a World Cup title. And that's what we all want, isn't it?" Eric Wehr also seems confident, and in his press conference today he said that: "We've come so far. It would be a real shame if it all slipped away in the final game. I have great respect for the Nessuno team, but I think we can do it". Crown Prince Diego II is very excited by Highton's opportunity, proclaiming that a national holiday should be declared if the Blue Cocos win. Áfram Highton!

1mIG21vl.png

Last edited:
THE WORLD CUP FINAL

Northern Crystal Stadium, Magicality City

Highton aet1-0 Nessuno

On behalf of all of the organizers, THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the World Cup for making it an exciting and enjoyable event! Sometime in the New Year, there will be BIG NEWS relating to the future of sports in TNP, so stay tuned. I hope you all have a very happy holiday season and a happy new year!

Bdf7rPF.png

Last edited:
Back