Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Condemn Chan Island

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Chan Island

Proposed by: Ransium | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Aware that national leaders across the multiverse are constantly confronted with dilemmas that present no good solution or whose outcomes unexpectedly negatively impact their countries;

Convinced that the source of many of these problems are the covert operations of a single nation, who acts to unleash chaos and mayhem onto the multiverse;

Presenting the nation of Chan Island (which has re-branded itself in a desperate attempt to escape the crimes of its former regime Annihilators of Chan Island), a nation whose desire to spread chaos across all nations is so great that few leaders have been spared the vexation of dealing with its actions;

Shocked to trace at least twenty-four distinct covert operations that impact nations across the multiverse to the regime (fifteen originating from the Annihilators of Chan Island, nine from Chan Island);

Finding each unearthed effort more reprobate and villainous than the last, but, for the sake of brevity, summarizing a few of the most heinous as follows:

• Operation: That Sinking Feeling - wherein Annihilators of Chan Island were ultimately responsible for the sinking of a passenger ship, killing all occupants while making international emergency services look completely inept;
    • Operation: Police on Overkill Mode? - wherein Annihilators of Chan Island encouraged internal discord in various nations by highlighting and exaggerating police brutality;
    • Operation: Dial L for Loan - wherein Annihilators of Chan Island covertly encouraged cash-strapped nations to take advantage of weaker states for national gain, thus fomenting international strife;
    • Operation: Have War Crimes, Will Travel - wherein Annihilators of Chan Island secretly encouraged world leaders to violate international safe conduct passes in an effort to make an unfavorable environment for international diplomacy;
    • Operation: Guided Missiles and Misguided Men - wherein Chan Island repeatedly leaked information in order to force national leaders into the impossible position of either killing innocent children in a drone strike or letting an infamous terrorist escape;
    • Operation: So... That Worked - wherein Chan Island encouraged civil wars in nations across the multiverse;
Noting the Annihilators of Chan Island's direct assistance in the occupation and destruction of numerous regions including:

Clarifying that Annihilators of Chan Island was not a participant in the use of illegal super-weapons by the latter two organizations;

Concluding that some nations seed chaos in the multiverse merely for the pleasure of watching it burn and that such nations must not go unchallenged by this august body;

Hereby condemns Chan Island.

Co-Authored by Lord Dominator.

Please vote in poll above!

Sharing detailed opinions along with your vote are encouraged and appreciated!

WE ARE STILL TESTING THE POLL, PLEASE ALSO SHARE YOUR VOTE BELOW

OFFICIAL IFV:
In acknowledging that some issues that come before our nations may be brought about by bad actors within the world assembly, we must recognize the primary abettor of this chaos and mayhem. Chan Island, formerly Annihilators of Chan Island, has contributed to at least 24 different situations that nations may encounter; in which your desired answer to these issues may not have the impact you had hoped for. To compound the villainy, Chan Island has also given direct assistance to occupiers and hostile invaders of various regions, some of which had to be valiantly liberated and fought for control of by those wishing to restore them.
Understanding that Chan Island only wants to watch the world burn despite his lack of predatory superweapon usage, and in accordance with the reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Last edited:
Against.

I'm still coming around to the idea of condemnations based on RP/Issues. I don't find Chan Island's GP R/D practices particularly abhorrent either.

Ghost has convinced me.

Last edited:
For

We’ve seen plenty of commendations for issues. This is the same kind of thing but for a “villain” player. I appreciate the creativity utilized to laud these accomplishments, and it’s not like TNP hasn’t supported a villain-commendation style condemnation before.

To Funk’s concern about equating issues to plots to change your nation, I don’t think this necessarily does that. I can see why you may worry about that but I think context is key, if this was used as the basis for commendations that we’re hostile or meant to be taken at face value, I doubt the majority of the game would be convinced, and I am pretty sure we wouldn’t support it on those grounds.

Last edited:
Personally against this (not an eligible WA voting nation for counting purposes).

I have no objection to commendations or condemnations based on issues. I find the condemnation a novel way to recognize the issue writing that was done. The individual is commendable/condemnable, 24 issues is remarkable.

However, when I read this proposal, it generalizes all issues as "dilemmas that present no good solution or whose outcomes unexpectedly negatively impact their countries". Likewise, I dislike how it implies issues are not genuine issues that arise in my nation and rather issues that were fabricated by another nation to cause chaos.

This proposal is not time sensitive, I would prefer for it to fail and for the author to revise it and then resubmit it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back