Request for Witches in Weissekath

arietti

the sentient Ry Bread, at your service!
I think this is the proper place to post this...? If not, my apologies, let me know and I can move it.

Basically, I'm requesting that my pagan witch characters in my Eras nation, Weissekath, can be literal witches (once it is added to the map. I've requested a spot, just waiting to be added). Here is the need to know information about them and possible things that may end up coming up in discussion about them, if they do get discussed:

- 35% of the population would be witches.

- Their magic would consist of, basically, pagan magic: small spells and rituals with small effects.*

- The magic is split into categories: black magic (these are all of the harmful and/or negative spells and potions), purple magic (the making and use of potions for good) and Prismas magic (spells used for good, or as support with activities, i.e. a spell that helps with soothsaying)

- powerful defensive spells, such as a total body protection spell, or powerful offensive spells, such as ones that can kill or fatally harm someone, will not be present in posts canonally/will not exist IC.

- no spell will be something that can be conjured quickly or on the spot. They will require specific materials, ingredients, incantations, etc., and the spells will take time to prepare and set up (OOC reasoning: to prevent a character from conjuring up something that may help him or her out of a situation last minute)

- the ingredients for said spells and things of that sort will not be super common or super easy to obtain. (I.e. are not found in many stores, outdoor markets, etc, usually have to be hand grown or bought in secret from another person who grows it to prevent the heavy stockpiling of ingredients and the occurrence of spells and rituals in extreme amounts)

- there will be spells present that has the ability to transform witches and warlocks (male witches) into animals. However, there are many limitations with this:

1. The only metamorph (shapeshifting) spells that exist and are useable in rp are ones that allow the user to transform into small “housepet” creatures, such as cats, dogs, and birds. There are ancient texts from the beginnings of the nation with spells for transforming into bigger and much more powerful creatures (OOC reasoning: for authenticity of the magic’s history) but they are impossible to decode in present times, as all of the old tools for writing and ancient textbooks were destroyed.

2. In order to turn back into their normal human body, said witch or warlock must drink a specific potion that requires a strand of their own hair. If said witch or warlock tries to use a strand of someone else’s hair to try and morph into them, the potion will backfire and have no results, leaving them as an animal until they drink the proper potion with the proper ingredients.

3. When in the form of this animal, said witch or warlock will obtain the same strengths, weaknesses, senses, abilities, etc. as the animal they morphed into. In other words, their human strength and abilities will not be transferred into their animal body.
- The magic is genetic. Both males and females are carriers, but it is much more common for females to be the carrier. The ratio of known female to male carriers out of the “magical” part of the population is about 70% : 30% (seventy percent of all magic users are female, and thirty percent are male).

- if two carriers end up having a child, there is a 30% chance that the child will be born with magical abilities (aka, be born as a character)

- if a carrier and a nonmagical person have a child, there is a 95% chance that they will be born with magical abilities

*To give an idea of what I mean by this, here is a list of some of their spells/abilities:

- Protection spell: The purpose of this spell is to protect a section of the body from fatal harm. However, this spell does not protect them from injuries that result in immediate death because it is not strong enough, such as bullet wounds, a broken neck, and high falls.

- Fearcasting Spell: The purpose of this spell is to plague someone with nightmares of their greatest fear whenever they sleep. However, unless a charm that has been enchanted with the spell is placed somewhere in the room where the victim sleeps, the spell only lasts a week until it has to be recast again.

- Astrologist’s potion and shooting star spell: these two sources of magic, when used together, helps broaden and expand the boundaries of intuition and supports the user as they read the stars for a look into the future. The user will be able to see three days into the future, but only the major events, not the actions that lead to those events happening, and the vision will not always stay the same. If something happens after the vision is received that has the potential to or fully does change the course of events that were foretold to happen, the vision will be null and void, and the witch or warlock who received it will have no way of knowing that it was changed.

Last edited:
Back