Samhain Celebration Planning

Nightsong

Bookworm
So later this month I will be running a small RP titled 'Samhain Celebration' that will be held in Relarí, the central seat of the Elenathistic faith. This will be a slightly different take on the Halloween holiday and not involve elements as you traditionally know them. Instead this will be a celebration of the end of the harvest season, the start of the coldest half of the year, honoring the ancestors and reflecting on the past while looking forward to the future.

If you are interested in participating in this RP a few warnings first...
  • This RP will be overtly religious, I will not lie about that. The religious tone of the ritual and meal honoring the ancestors will call upon the Goddess and the God (along with guardian spirits) multiple times. However, the character building aspects of the RP, taking place between the ritual and the meal, will not carry a religious tone.
  • I am keeping this as a mature and high level RP. If you cannot take a religious RP seriously or are unable to act maturely in your posts, please do not apply.

Lastly, after reading the above warnings and you are still interested in participating, feel free to post some potential characters from your nation that you would like to be participants. Due to this RP honoring ancestors, I ask that you also keep in mind that there be someone in their family that has passed away that can be honored (this can be parents or grandparents).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Edit: Just to give some hint on the religious overtones of this RP, here are a few snippets of what will be included.
"O Sacred Circle, let this place be a meeting place of love, joy and truth; a shield against all evil and wickedness; a rampart of protection that shall preserve and contain the power that we shall raise within thee. O Sacred Circle, we do bless thee and consecrate thee in the name of the Lady and the Lord. So, mote it be and blessed be."

"Let us join in worship of the Lady and the Lord.
Let us give thanks for all that we have;
for the love we enjoy; for the kinship we share."

"Throughout the year, the Lady is both Maiden and Mother,
and tonight, we honor her in her guise as the Crone.
The Lord is wild and fertile and animal,
and tonight, we honor him in his guise as the Horned God."

Last edited:
I am also interested. At the very least,

Orochi Aizo, the current Regent to the Right of the Golden Throne, the Crown Princess of the Princedom of Katan, and sister to the current reigning Empress (Kirin), will be attending.

Isn’t Samhain a festival rooted in Celtic mythology? Also this looks interesting so I’d like to participate.

Samhain itself is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter. However, I am only using some elements of that and throwing in other elements so it is a much more eclectic and unique version of the holiday and something that is unique and specific to what I have built for my nation.

Back