Candidacy Declarations: September 2018 General Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candidacy Declarations: September 2018 General Election
ec_seal.png

Statement from the Election Supervisors

This election is different from elections of the Past. We have spent time evaluating our options once the Forum Switch had been completed. Per Administrators we are still in a Forum Emergency situation. Many have expressed that they wish to see the General Election move forward as soon as possible. This is why we have decided to move forward by restarting the General Election from the beginning. It has been almost a month since the previous General Election was started and we felt that it was in the interest of the North Pacific that we restart the election with the launch of the new forum.

This General Election, The North Pacific will be electing a Delegate, a Vice Delegate, a Speaker, and an Attorney General to serve until the next election in January. Any Citizen who has been a member for 15 days prior to the Declaration of Forum Emergency (September 8th, 2018) is eligible to run for these offices, and eligible members may run for more than one of these offices if they so wish. Loss of Citizenship before the conclusion of this election will also result in loss of eligibility to run for any office during this election.

To run, one must either accept a nomination or declare candidacy in this thread. To withdraw from running, one must post a withdrawal of candidacy in this thread.

Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy posted outside this thread will be discounted. Acceptance of a nomination is understood to also constitute declaration of candidacy even if no nomination has been made. Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy must be posted during the candidacy declaration period to be valid. The candidacy declaration period is from October 2, 2018 at 9:00 pm UTC/GMT -6 to October 5, 2018 at 9:00 pm UTC/GMT -6. Voting will be approximately from October 7, 2018 at 9:00 pm UTC/GMT -6 to October 12, 2018 at 9:00 pm UTC/GMT -6. This topic is intended for nominations, acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy; it may not be used for campaigning. Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.​

Candidates:
Delegate - Siwale
Vice Delegate - Palliath
Speaker - Wonderess, bootsie
Attorney General - Goyanes​
Nominees:
Vice Delegate - McMasterdonia, Sil Dorsett​
Declined Nomination:
Vice-Delegate - Goyanes
Speaker - Syrixia​
Invalid Nominees:
Speaker - COE​

Election Supervisors: Artemis and Brendog

Last edited:
Unsurprisingly to exactly no one, I decline. :P

EDIT: I also second McM's nomination of Prydania for Vice Delegate!

I must respectfully decline my nomination for the Vice Delegacy.

The Candidacy Declarations period is now over, voting will commence in a few days, the thread will remain open for withdrawals of candidacy until then.

I humbly accept, if I'm not too late.

Unfortunately, as you accepted the nomination past the deadline of 9:00 PM UTC/GMT -6 October 5th, 2018 your candidacy for this General Election is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back