The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
August 11; 9:00 AM
The Golden Palace

"Your Majesty, you appointed him to continue Pratap's agenda. For the most part, he's done that, but at this point it's clear that he's just gone too far." Sasil growled, in his usual deep voice, referring to Diwan Sahab, the State Curator. Sasil kul Kyloth was an Imperial Dragon, one of a group of scions of Clan Kyloth founded with the Empire to serve as a link of friendship between the ancient clan and the Imperial House. From birth he was paired with now-Emperor Rajesh, and they had grown up together. He sat in the dining hall of the Golden Palace with the emperor, who sighed.

"The Parishad is in agreement, but the Cabinet, for the most part, remains committed to the PU. The Prydanian elections are giving them hope that, if the Conservative-Agrarians don't win, either the Free or Social Democrats will direct Prydania to join." he replied, before pausing briefly. "But I don't see that happening now. I gave Congress assent on PUFA because it was in the interest of preserving the regional order in Craviter." Rajesh shrugged. "And the PU did that, for a short time. Even during its decline, I had hoped that Thakur's election would bring the Union new, fresh leadership it had not seen since my daughter's own term, but I've lost all confidence in it now, with Maloria's departure and the slim margin that Thakur was elected by."

"So make your move." Sasil urged. "Diwan and his cabinet are flying in the face of their own party's ideology in dogged pursuit of a vague-at-best foreign policy. They're good people, and they respect you, but if you act cautiously and let this smolder, the people will lose confidence and SJP will begin to rift. Already we're seeing the latter." Rajesh chuckled. "I mean, that's just Mehra being Mehra, but I understand that. I've been discussing it with the Parishad as well. I do want to give it at least one business week, though, to let the media and the public settle in with the new reality before the next jolt hits." Sasil's eyes widened. "What are you planning?" he asked, curiously.

"I'm going to bring them to their senses, and then we're going to give the public a simple 'in' or 'out' choice." Rajesh replied. "I pray to Prajapati that they make the choice we need."

August 13, 2018
19 Avanti Boulevard
State Curator's House

"You do understand what will happen, correct?" Rajesh said bluntly. It had been a day since his conversation with Sasil. "Much of the public and the Party are with me on this matter. If you pursue your blind hope any further, people will take to the streets. Explain to me how that is in our best interest. Enlighten me, damnit." Diwan sighed. "Your Majesty, all due respect, but does it not seem fit to pursue and work for improvements rather than just giving up? Our enemies will see us as weak. And even if the Union is doomed, should we not hold the line to the very end?" Rajesh blinked twice, and clenched his face slightly. It was clear he was growing angry.

"Are you daft?" the Emperor erupted. "Maloria is gone! Xentherida is gone! Highton is gone! Arrandal is gone! It's just us and the observers now. We've held the line. I don't give up- I know what's practical." Rajesh paused. "Isn't that how your party got into government in the first place? Do you not remember the Moral Revolution? The Revolution of Common Sense?" Diwan's eyes slightly widened, in what seemed like fear, though he was obviously trying to mask it. "I'm going to make this very clear." Rajesh continued. "I want Congress to pass a resolution authorizing the Empire's departure from the Phoenix Union. If you can't make that happen, then get out of this house so I can move someone in who will!"

Now it was Diwan who was blinking twice. He looked down, seemingly ashamed and conflicted, for a second, before scratching his brow and looking back up at Rajesh, who was expecting either a meek response or a resignation. "I understand, Your Majesty." Diwan replied, opting for the meek reply. Good. The State Curator was under control. His Emperor had shown him the way. Later that day, the State Curator called for a meeting of Congress to discuss the further presence of the Empire in the Phoenix Union, as Rajesh had requested. He very well could have done it himself, but with Diwan calling the meeting, he was showing the government and the public that he had supposedly had a change of heart.

As Congress began to convene, Rajesh sat watching the IPR coverage of the meeting, and smiled. He was now firmly in control of events.
TO NOTE: IPR stands for Imperial Political Report. It's Syrixian CSPAN.

Message- circa August 13:
FIHVQ34.png
DECLARATION OF DEPARTURE FROM THE PHOENIX UNION

The Phoenix Union was an experiment, and an ambitious one at that. In the interest of promoting and preserving peace and stability in Craviter, it was created barely two years ago. At first, it fulfilled its goal, however as time marched on it became more fragile, and eventually even fractious. The Union was unable to act properly in the face of a rapidly changing world, yet still its members persevered.

Despite this, the fractiousness within the Phoenix Union's legislature grew, and as a result many a bond between member states grew and has grown less strong. This is the exact opposite of what the Phoenix Union was created to promote. Now, what sharply increasing amounts of members of the Imperial public and government have believed to be an inevitability has occurred. Times change, and so must we.

Therefore, in the interest of marching boldly into the future and of working to restore good faith, stability, and optimism across Craviter; by the mandate of His Majesty the Emperor, made in unison of opinion with the will of His Majesty's Government, the Empire will be departing from the Phoenix Union, effective tomorrow, August 14th.

Rahul Khanna
Secretary of State of the Syrixian Empire

Back