[Tech Proposal] La Kataklismo

Conclave Note:

This thread is to be for the use of RP Conclave members and the OP only. Please do not post here unless you are either (or a mod).

the holograms themselves are no issue, even the more state of the art projectors can do open air holograms like you describe.

however my concerns is the feasibility of the drone setup you describe and how to keep the drones consistent with movement and hit/touch recognition.

Any disruption to the projector or the sensors is going to be an issue. even small amounts of debris can disrupt it. and the equipment is hellishly expensive. any damage to the drones would be an expensive repair. and such a business would have to consider the profits to their losses.

If you can tackle these key points sufficiently I will be fine with this proposal.

You could also accomplish the same thing with with virtual reality headgear, and specialized weapon controllers and rooms filled with their respective tracking sensors and potentially for way cheaper. I am not saying you have to but it is an avenue to consider.

Cool, but just to answer Nors's/Zyvun's concerns:

I acknowledge that running the drones will be expensive, but I believe minimum repair will be required. The drones will be high near the ceiling and projecting the holograms below. Mind you, the ceiling is so high that you'll need a good aim and throwing ability to hit the drones even on purpose.

I also believe that people are willing to pay very good money for a real-life virtual experience, perhaps fifty to a hundred dollars per person.

Back