-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
Sutherland's Light
bhepuc.png

A Tale of the Sutherland Federation

There was once a time when the great McMasterdonian north was dark, quiet, peaceful, and untouched by the likes of man. Such beautiful lands could not fathom the ambitions of the future, the hopes of a people, and the formation of a new nation set to bring about a future in spirit and everlasting purpose. It is the day that Nathan Jarreau gathered in ArchCentre to bring forth this nation that a light glinted faintly slowly growing brighter until it would be bright and stand with the other lights of Eras. Who would be the keeper of this light? Who would take the task of guiding it and using it for good? The people saw that obvious choice in he who led them from the beginning. It is Nathan's place to be Inaugural Arc-Wonderess by which all the others would take their mold. He led the way. Why could he not do it again? How the people see him! He is a hero, a model of faith, a second St. Joshua! Perceptions are high, but what is the reality. Has the man who cried "Sutherland" lived up to all expectations. Is the light to be kept safe, or be extinguished? Only the Lord can know for the future is uncertain even to the most gifted guessers.

The Arc-Wonderess is a compassionate man filled with hope and optimism for his nation. He walks the streets of Scholastic, ArchCentre, Lake Prime, and even Alderon wishing what is best for every citizen under the wings of Sutherland. He is the ambassador of a hopeful and peaceful future content with a Sutherland that shall humbly live out its purpose to be faithful to God and supportive of the communal people of the nation and their respective dominions. A model untested, a people's character barely explored, and yet Nathan thinks the world of them. It is in this moment that true success is tested, when all looks as if it will be accomplished, but that is not the way of life nor the way of Sutherland. There shall come within the day an opposition to this ideal of Jarreau. He the defender of the wonder of God and Sutherland will be opposed by not a militia, nor a sanction, but the representative of the inspiration of God and the inspiring spirit of Sutherland.

Oh Sutherland, your cries are heard, your tears dried! Your coasts hold fast and the eastern frontier is waiting. Good has come about and given strength, and the beauty of faith and nation hold strong like chains of iron. Be vigilant and see what comes not from the south nor the north. It is from the light of Sutherland itself that this opposition comes. Turn not from the light so bright and painful to the eye. Stare in awe and go deeper, ever deeper! Find who you are Sutherland for Eras cannot tell you. Fly the colors of the faith and creed and remember the promise. Inspiration comes not as a voice of destruction but of advancement and the spreading of wings to great heights. The lakes shall be rejuvenated and the parish ever more faithful. For now sing your song oh federation. Sing and wait. Sing and wait. Sing and wait until inspiration meets you on the journey. May it be an encounter survived for the sake of us all!

It was another day in Faith Palace, but there was one item on the day's agenda that alarmed Arc-Wonderess Jarreau. His Eminence Matthew Cardinal Araghanes had made it known that he must meet with Nathan very soon. He said it was a matter of "Sutherland's future." They always had a set weekly meeting, but this was different. The casual tone that usually permeated the conversations was lost in the Cardinal's voice. Jarreau hoped that there was nothing he had done to anger the Cardinal or offend the church in any way. He had been very careful in his first year and a half to be as upstanding and faithful as he could be for the sake of the nation and the function of the government. Though he knew he had failed on many occasions with the most recent infraction being his failure to fulfill his commitment to volunteer at the Committee of Heart's central charity this last week. It seems time is truly a luxury for those who serve a nation. The time had come for the meeting and he swore he could hear the approaching of someone outside the door. Nathan sat up straight and brought forth his "stately" countenance. There was a knock at the door.

"Arc-Wonderess, Cardinal Araghanes is here for his appointment."

"Please, allow him in, Secretary."

In came the Archbishop of ArchCentre.

14wvlu8.jpg

Matthew Cardinal Araghanes, Cardinal Archbishop of ArchCentre

He didn't seem mad, but one could tell by his swift movement into the office that he was on official business.

"God be with you, Your Eminence. What can I a lowly servant of the church and Sutherland do for you today?"

The Arc-Wonderess motioned for the Cardinal to be seated.

"God be with you, First Courantist Citizen. I come to you to fulfill the duty of my office as a representative of the church."

"And what duty would that be?"

"My primary duty to the faithful nation of Sutherland, my son."

"Oh? You can't possibly mean what I think you are saying?"

"I do. I have selected my first student. A faith filled and loyal soul."

"So, you have found a possible replacement for myself in the future. What is my role to be in regard to this student of yours?"

"The same role you are to all of Sutherland, a role model and example as a member of faith within the church."

"Who is it you have selected?"

"His name is Andrew Bueschine from the Dominion of Yarlboro. Though, I did not come here to just talk about him. He is here to give you his regards in person."

The Cardinal stood up and left the room briefly and returned about 10 seconds later.

"Arc-Wonderess, I present to you the Inaugural Prime Inspirator of Sutherland, Andrew Bueschine."

"What an honor it is to meet you, Arc-Wonderess. I know that our time together shall be beneficial for me and my role as a possible future agent for Sutherland's betterment."

"It is very good to meet you, Andrew. Please, Your Eminence, Prime Inspirator, have a seat. We have much to discuss."

1jn68h.png

Andrew Bueschine, Inaugural Prime Inspirator of Sutherland and Student of Faith

A Lecture on the Role of Courantism in the Development of Greater Sutherland

by: Andrew Bueschine, Prime Inspirator of Sutherland
Read before the Scholastic Academy for the Faith
What is the place of faith in this worrisome and turbulent period. I'll tell you with great certainty. It is front and center. Some want Sutherland and faith to remain gentle as a flower and allow the will of greater nations to trample us. Well I tell you how will we live out faith then? Who will be left to adore the Sacrament and tend to our parishes? I tell you fellow faithful that we must not wait for miracles to happen, we must move in a show of faith. We must make of Sutherland a holy land of imperial majesty blessed by God, even if that means gaining the hate and distrust of these so called nations that have temporary authority. How little they understand that it is faith in the church that will provide the will and the inspiration to make the world see what is true and what is just.

A word that we must always have in our hearts is victory. If we truly love God and our fellow man south of Alderon and north of Yarlboro, then we must show them truth even if that means through the means of authority. With victory comes a greater ability to gain ever higher victory. We must not lose sight of this mission. Pleasantry and ceremony for the sake of friendship is empty and deep down we all know that this is the hard truth. Now what does this realization give to us. I tell you that it gives to us a need for the voices of the bravest to speak up and take charge for the sake of Sutherland's future. This starts with you, the great minds of the church. Your dedication and faith inspire us the people of the nation to realize that we have a higher calling to make truth a reality for all of Eras no matter the costs. It is our duty and those who cannot understand that must be placed aside. The future of Sutherland is bright, and I know as long as we remain true and obedient, then all is well. We are a mighty force indeed and with our divine right of world evangelization, the propagation of truth, and the willingness to go beyond all limits we can make a change that is eternal and good for Sutherland. The faith shall always be our stronghold as well as our greatest weapon against the opposition. Intelligentsia has no understanding of truth or virtue as its power rots from the inside out. Who should be there by providence when it falls? It is the shining hand from ArchCentre of course. Just because we are a country emergent does not mean that we are a nation of weakness. We are a people of victory and no idea is greater than that of faithful understanding.

In conclusion, I wish to speak from afar to the Arc-Wonderess. My noble example, I ask that God may show you what you must do for our people to succeed. I ask Him that your works may not just appease this broken world but place Sutherland at the forefront of care and dignity. May this nation always be put first so that God can be put first. May Sutherland forever be greater than all of Eras and may the faith we have lead us to find and reveal Sutherland's light!!!

The room erupted with applause as the young man finished his comments. Back in ArchCentre, the Arc-Wonderess watched the lecture from his office. The only thing that came to his mind was: "May God help us. There is going to be a clash in this nation, and I pray that the side of peace and goodwill may win over this...aggression. Sutherland's light indeed, Prime Inspirator, something you know nothing about."

Pisani_orangerie.jpg

Faith Palace, ArchCentre
November 16th, 2018
Official Meeting Between the Arc-Wonderess and the Candidates for ESHN Delegate
Arc-Wonderess Jarreau smiled at the delegations from the Bereda Dominion as he walked from the study to the main entry gallery of Faith Palace. He feared the worst for question after question placed before the Sutherlan people had created a widening division among them. Was the only means of unification a common enemy? Was not the common faith enough to bridge the divides that have plagued every nation throughout history. He knew there was one major obstacle to bringing greater peace to his people, and that was division incarnate Andrew, the Prime Inspirator. His big speech at Scholastic had been a declaration of quiet and indirect war. Did he not know that faith and weakness are never mutually exclusive but build on one another? What is strength without heart or dignity without seeing it in others? This boy had much to learn no matter how excellent an academic he may be. The two candidates for election were soon to arrive so the Arc-Wonderess peered once more at his fact sheet.

McKearn2.jpg

Tanya Burding (Incumbent)
Citizen of Prime County's 7th Governmental District of the Lake Prime Dominion

Occupation: Head Canon Lawyer for the Diocese of Lake Prime and elected recorder for the 7th Governmental District of Prime County.

Philosophy of Office: Burding highly values international cooperation and believes that Sutherland and the faith are best served and revealed in camaraderie and through dialogue with others. She strongly supports the continuing of peace talks with McMasterdonia as well as the continuing of outreach with nations not on the Meterran continent.

thibaut_opt.jpg

Major Mangadas
Citizen of Ghariton County's 2nd Governmental District of the Revisthal Dominion

Occupation: District Engineer and elected member of the 2nd Governmental District's Judicial Tribunal in Ghariton County.

Philosophy of Office: Mangadas advocates for an ESHN that strengthens the influence of Sutherland through the staunch show of its moral ideals in order to spread them internationally. He is very particular about which nations he feels are helpful to Sutherland in that only those nations of compatible cultures and goals should be given any attention.He sees peace as preferable but would be willing to propose a military solution in ESHN if it would the most advantageous to his understanding of the Sutherlan ideal.
Nathan without a doubt wanted Tanya to win this contest because so much had been accomplish to alienate most of the world at this point. However there had been...whispers. Major had been given a great deal of help from Alderon's military leaders not to mention the influence of the endorsements from the leaders of Revision County, the Revisthalian capital right next door to Major's home in Ghariton County. The Prime Inspirator happened to be in some of the same towns on Major's tour through exurban Sutherland like it was some "coincidence."He knew he could never endorse a candidate and corrupt the office of Arc-Wonderess with partiality, but Sutherland was his to protect and so he would have to find upstanding ways to keep Sutherland's ESHN presence stable as it had been.

The front doors opened and side by side stepped the two candidates with crowds of people cheering behind them. As they approached Nathan they both moved their right arm in a cross motion towards the Arc-Wonderess as if to bless him, an act of respect. Those invited to the reception party watched in a circle lining the walls of the entry gallery. They slowly came to be silent so Nathan could address the candidates.

"My dear sister, Tanya, and my dear brother, Major, I welcome you to the home of Sutherland."

Nathan noticed a figure descend the stairs and stop behind him to his left. There was only one person allowed this privilege in a formal setting, The Prime Inspirator, one of two discernible future heads of Sutherland.

"I congratulate you both on being considered upstanding servants of your community and people. Here you stand before a future in representing all of us with the mantle of one of the highest ideas, the very honor of Sutherland. I am eager to speak to you. Let us depart to the east salon so that we may get to know each other better."

The group moved towards the east hall that led to the east salon. Andrew followed as well as was his right until the four found themselves seated alone without the world watching. It just happened to end up where Andrew and Major sat to on side and Nathan and Tanya sat to the other. Major was first to break the silence.

Extending a hand to Nathan he said rather bluntly, "It is a pleasure to meet you sir. Bein in the construction business it isn't everyday I meet someone of yer caliber."

Nathan took the shake. Major seemed to not fit in with where he was. His demeanor was casual and rugged which played oddly considering the 500 year old painting of the Assumption that hung to his right and the oak carved chair he was sitting in.

Tanya chimed in next. "Yes it is good to meet with you, Your Wonder. This has been quite the tour and experience for me as well. It is definitely different from the ESHN chamber. There you are used to asking the questions you get a strange feeling when they are asked to you by the people."

Nathan laughed at this notion. Now that he thought about it, no one really ever asked him any questions either. He was often the one inquiring but that was a thought avenue for a different time. He turned to Andrew.

"What do you think of this whole process, Andrew. Has it been a learning experience you have found yourself comfortable with?"

"Indeed, Your Wonder. I have been given the opportunity to survey the great people of Sutherland. There are so many voices outside of ArchCentre and Scholastic it turns out."

Nathan smiled at the Prime Inspirator, this was an obvious jab at him.

"Very true, Andrew. There are truly many good and hardworking people throughout Sutherland which is why we are asking them to chose their representative of honor. It seems that one comes to know honor through time and some actual good old fashioned thought."

That should put him in his place he thought. He returned his attention to the candidates.

"Tell me, what is it that has inspired you both to wish to serve Sutherland in such a way?"

Major immediately spoke.

"Well I know that this great nation of ours deserves to be treated very rightly, like a lady. Yes, and this Society of ours can be our way of making sure other nations do that. All dem Craviter nations think the world revolves around dem and der problems, but Sutherland has problems too ya see. Nothin wrong with some good ole fair footin."

Andrew was smiling with his eyes to the ground either out of amusement or perhaps something else. Tanya then answered as well.

"I remember as a little girl growing up in Lake Prime, it was called Agarony then. My mother went out one day to do her weekly shopping for our family. She was trying to check out at the store but the clerk there had given her the wrong prices. She tried to explain to him what the issue was but he wouldn't listen. She then muttered the sign of the cross prayer under her breath in the Ecclesial language, but the clerk not understanding it thought she was cursing him. He called the authorities and had her arrested for harassment. My mother was a victim of injustice that day, and I knew that when I grew to be a woman in society I had to make sure things like this never happened to anyone. After the liberation of Sutherland from the McMasterdonian crown, I knew that reality could be realized. I was there the day the city plaque bearing the name Agarony was removed and replaced with Lake Prime. Now, I can help people both through the legal counsel of the church and by finding justice on the world stage in ESHN. In prison my mother prayed not for herself but for her children that they could not be treated the same way she was. The Lord God in His mercy has answered her I know."

Major began to applaud.

"Well ma'am if that isn't one of the most beautiful stories I've ever heard. What a delight, indeed."

Andrew leaned across the table and placed his hand on Tanya's in a consoling way.

"That was very inspirational, Honorable Delegate. I too believe that Sutherland is meant for greatness because of God's grace. I know that the more we show the world who we are and what we are capable of, the more they will come to respect us. That day will surely come whether it be now " he looked directly in Nathan's eyes, "or later."

Nathan silently stared at Tanya in admiration. This is what Sutherland was about, second chances and a new beginning for the faithful. He knew then even more that if it were to be ruined or destroyed from within, it would be his fault. This was something he had to defend and fight for. The group did a bit more small talk before exiting the salon. As Major and Andrew led the way out, Nathan noticed what only confirmed his fears. Andrew put his arm around Major's shoulders. It turns out they were definitely two of a kind.

Last edited:
Back