June Update 2018

Asairia

TNPer
THE VERSUTIAN FEDERATION
JUNE UPDATE 2018

Overview

Things have picked up over the past month for The Versutian Federation. I have recorded some of the highlights below.

Government

Since each of our ministers serves a minimum term of two months, there were no ministerial elections; however, we do have monthly Roleplay Committee confirmations, in which, three candidates are for approval.

Here is our current government:

325057bb201aab94f7f2e377e40ca583.png

Parliament

Parliament has been active with the submission of five proposals, of which, two have advanced to the floor for formal debate.

The first scheduled bill, entitled the, "Citizenship Revocation Amendment," addresses an oversight with our relatively new Regional Code. If enacted, citizens who cease-to-exist have twenty-four hours to revive their nation before losing citizenship. Currently, if a citizen CTEs, even for just a few minutes, they lose their citizenship and must undergo the week-long naturalization process once more.

The second scheduled bill, entitled the, "Civil Trial Procedure Amendment," creates and expands upon civil trial procedure. It also clarifies a few judicial review clauses currently in practice.

A third proposal, which has yet to be scheduled, seeks to clearly outline a process for indicting or prosecuting a sitting Minister of Domestic Affairs, who holds most of the region's prosecution power. Due to the Chief Justice issuing an unconstitutionality opinion on one or more clauses, the draft has been altered to address those concerns. It is still in drafting stage.

The fourth proposal, also still in the draft feedback stage, would establish an option to restart candidacy declarations. This bill is pretty self-explanatory.

The fifth proposal, which has been temporarily suspended per the request of the author, revives the heavily-debated and somewhat divisive debate over who should be the designated owner of our Discord and how they should be selected.

Roleplay

Our roleplay's activity has increased even more, and in-characterly, it has taken a turn for the stranger.

The coalition of nations attacking a terrorist cell in the nation of Ustiomeria during its civil war called for an international summit to seek even more allies. After a week of intense discussions, the summit was abruptly halted when the wife of the hosting president was involved in a motorcade accident, necessitating surgery. Unfortunately, a new cell that splintered off of the main group took advantage of the situation and launched chemical weapons at a neighboring nation that had pulled out of the war but still attended the summit. Chillingly enough, the new terrorist cell is led by a fanatical named Dr. Thrax...likely named such for his use of anthrax on his victims. Needless to say, that nation has redeployed to the area. Even more concerning, one of the most involved and longest-deployed coalition nations has had its own civil war erupt between nationalists fighting for power over the country.

Time will only tell what will happen next.

Additional Information

The Versutian Federation has been invited to participate in an interregional soccer/football world cup.

We are also happy to report that we have received your new ambasasdor, Oakhaven, pending confirmation if I recall correctly. We will make sure he is treated properly.

I also see that you are planning on changing forums due to the Zetaboards merger. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could inform me of your new address once you have it completed (I see it will take at least a couple months if your timeline is able to be enacted). Best of luck in that endeavor! I am glad that we managed to relocate ours before our forum was forcibly switched.

Sincerely,

Asairia,
Speaker of The Versutian Federation

Thank you for the update! Our URL will remain forum.thenorthpacific.org, but will be directed to the XenForo forum instead of this one when it is complete.

Again, thanks for the good read!

-Boots
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Senior Diplomat

Our Minister of Foreign Affairs has just been convicted of malfeasance. United Indochina will once again assume the responsibility of Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Also, Bootsie, glad to see another Aria fan :P

Back