[Edit] Relevancy of the Court

Limerick1

The Legal Eagle
Relevancy of the Court
Sponsored By: The Ministry of Communications

During this lull in “action” involving The North Pacific Regional court, it is easy to get carried away with rhetoric calling for drastic measures. Does the court do enough to justify its own existence? While not widespread, the view that it does not, exists. It is my goal in writing this open letter addressed to the population of The North Pacific to demonstrate that your vote for the court matters. With the Attorney General election and the fast approaching judicial elections, it is of paramount importance the fine citizens of this region understand the role of the court in order to make the right choice for the region as a whole, as well as themselves individually.

The court not only acts as a median for the region to solve big constitutional issues, it also acts as a mechanism to settle international disputes within the region. When the ministry reached out to Goyanes; the newly elected attorney general; they stated “Settling legal disputes in the court, in my humble opinion, is a service to the region, since it provides insight into future cases, and the aforementioned precedent”. The ability to set precedent further increases nations need to research and question their choices for the court. Court picks have lasting impact even as those who were elected move on.

Even when the court lacks cases to rule on as they do now. The precedent they set acts as a sort of pseudo legislation, and while it may not hold as much weight as legislation, it is still powerful. Nations must vote responsibly and take into account the power their elected officials will be granted in this office.

please forgive the quality im so essayed out right now and its my first article, i feel bad and apologize

Back