mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Hello everyone!

Following a short conversation on the discord earlier, I thought I'd bring this here for some input. I am proposing a relatively simple (but fun) game that would run one day per week - probably on a Thursday. Given timezones, we'd be relatively flexible but it'd roughly last for just a day.

Change your avatar to meet a particular theme.

Proposed themes so far:

Impersonation Day (Copy the avatar of another TNPer and change your nick. i.e. if I copied Eluvatar's, my nick would be Eluvatar (McM) to keep it clear).
Conservative Day (Adopt a conservative political avatar and nickname)
Liberal Day (Same as above, but liberals).
Communist Day
Tyrannical Day
Popstars
Reality TV Stars
etc.

This is pretty simple, but we'd need a few things:

1) A small ribbon type award that would go to the winner for each category.
2) More ideas! Let's get ahead of this, so we can roll it out regularly.

Pinkification Day
everyone pinkifies their sigs/avatars/
(or purple)
(or any color >< )
(probably pink)

I like the idea of Impersonation Day. I did pretty much the same thing in the NPA server a while back, a few people changed their name and avatar to mine and I gave them fake roles so they pretty much looked exactly like me. Was fun to confuse Zaz.

Tree Thursday - Tree Avatar
Turtle Thursday - Turtle Avatar
Time Thursday - A Time Person of the Year Avatar
Traditional Thursday - Default Discord Avatar
TV Thursday - A TV Star Avatar

I, for one, think we should go with the aforementioned Conservative Week this week and Liberal Week next week, or vice versa. Should be fun. :P

I was talking in TNPCon about the possibility of a Conservative Week in the future. A friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, had this to say:

"I just feel it's going to be a week of continuous mocking of conservatives, with people adopting conservative avatars and pretending to agree with conservative views. It's probably just going to be a mocking experience."

After thinking about it, I'm inclined to agree with him. I know for a fact that most of us, if not at least much of us here in TNP have liberal political views, and a decent amount of people tend to be quite radical in those views.

While I obviously can't speak for the whole group definitively, I can say that, knowing the conservative TNPers I know, they would not derisively mock liberal TNPers, at least not in public where it could start a flamewar. However, I'm concerned that, knowing the liberal TNPers I know, they will do so, in public, and they already have been, which is why TNPCon was even created in the first place.

McM, other folks, what do you think? I'd really like to see a Conservative Week and Liberal Week, and I think it'd be fun, if we could pull it off without derisive mockery and flamewars.

Syrixia:
I was talking in TNPCon about the possibility of a Conservative Week in the future. A friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, had this to say:

"I just feel it's going to be a week of continuous mocking of conservatives, with people adopting conservative avatars and pretending to agree with conservative views. It's probably just going to be a mocking experience."

After thinking about it, I'm inclined to agree with him. I know for a fact that most of us, if not at least much of us here in TNP have liberal political views, and a decent amount of people tend to be quite radical in those views.

While I obviously can't speak for the whole group definitively, I can say that, knowing the conservative TNPers I know, they would not derisively mock liberal TNPers, at least not in public where it could start a flamewar. However, I'm concerned that, knowing the liberal TNPers I know, they will do so, in public, and they already have been, which is why TNPCon was even created in the first place.

McM, other folks, what do you think? I'd really like to see a Conservative Week and Liberal Week, and I think it'd be fun, if we could pull it off without derisive mockery and flamewars.
That’s a concern I think runs both ways TBH. While I agree the majority of TNP leans left? I think a “Liberal Day” has just as much chance as being mocked. I can think of a few vocal people who would do that in a heartbeat.

I don’t think some benign satire is a bad thing, either way, really. I issue that obviously anyone doing anything malicious would have to be dealt with, and maybe that in and of itself is reason enough to keep us from doing “Conservative/Liberal Day.”

A fun cultural event shouldn’t become an exercise in making sure people are having fun “the proper way.”

Just to clarify, the event would run for one day, not a week. So I think we will be fine. It’s kostly an avatar and nick contest. I expect satire and fun on all sides. Flaming will be punished as it would on any other day.

Back