I miss IRC

I don't believe I've seen you post here, iirc, since a near-forgotten coup, ages ago.

What brings you back?

IRC was great out of nostalgia alone. You could waltz into any private channel if you knew it’s name :P

Lovely to have you back FEC.

Isimud:
I don't believe I've seen you post here, iirc, since a near-forgotten coup, ages ago.

What brings you back?
Is it bad that I literally have no idea what you're talking about? Is there an old geezer smiley somewhere? Cause I feel like that might apply here.

An April Fools Joke, a random swath of time, people, and curiosity have brought me to this point.

M&M, I'm pretty sure that if you had decent channel security you could *not* just waltz in. But if I'm wrong I default to losing my memory.

Former English Colony:
Is it bad that I literally have no idea what you're talking about? Is there an old geezer smiley somewhere? Cause I feel like that might apply here.

An April Fools Joke, a random swath of time, people, and curiosity have brought me to this point.

<snip>
Not at all. The only reason that I remember is that I was digging through the forum archives recently for some purpose already forgotten, so don't feel that you're alone in requiring an old geezer thingie.

I tend to be cyclic about in/activity, but it's usually due to 2 of the 4 reasons you mentioned above...both coming and going.

In any case, welcome back for however long!

Ema Skye:
what is an irc
You young'uns. Internet Relay Chat, the single greatest chat protocol ever. Nostalgically anyways. Spent waaaay too much time on IRC in my teens aha.

Anyways, we've never met FEC, but welcome back! It's always great to see a respected member of the community return. I hope you stick around :)

IRC always confused me. I never understood the bots, it seemed too cluttered, and the PM system wasn't as good. I think, despite its flaws, Discord is a definite improvement over IRC. :P

Back