TNP Nation
Malphe
Discord
Malphe#9949
npa_seal.png

Closing Address

The Office of the Minister of Defense
May 10, 2018

*realizes I've only got one day left as Minister of Defense, rushes to office to finish formalities*
Being Minister of Defense for the last four months has certainly been a learning experience for me. I've interacted with players and organizations throughout GP and overall, I'd like to think I did a decent job. Activity is up, my deputies have done a fantastic job, we had a passable amount of joint operations and we've smashed the previous record of detags in a term (which has actually earned the NPA a repuation as rampant detaggers, funnily enough). I'll be the first to concede though, mainly because I'm the one that knows best, that I could've done better. I didn't give the Auxiliary enough operations to stretch it's legs and I worry that our pile numbers might've suffered as a result, I didn't lead as many joint operations as I would've liked; one or two were planned but never saw the light of day and many of the bigger operations were either partly organized by Gladio or brought to me by a foreign Commander, as opposed to me organizing it personally.

I overall haven't left the NPA in a bad state, and I believe that in the upcoming term the NPA could expand it's potential greatly.

But four months as MoD has left me pretty burnt out, so much so that I actually considered resigning half way through my term. I haven't made any secret that I won't be MoD next term, but with RL getting hectic, I don't think I can continue to serve in the NPA at all next term. I'll stick around for the delegacy transition, but I intend to leave afterwards. I'll stay in TNP and in GP, but probably with more sporadic activity. This isn't due to any grievances with TNP or the NPA, just that I haven't got the time right now and I want to free up my WA.

Fin,

[me]
Minister of Defense

Thank you for your service to the NPA. It's been a pleasure serving both as an officer and as a deputy minister under you. Sorry we ran you off. I know we were mean to you sometimes. But you gotta admit you deserved it. :P
Only joking of course, it will be sad to see you leave us. Take it easy Malphe!

Thank you for your service to the region Malphe. You will always have a home in the NPA. O7

Thank you so much Malphe for leading us. Had a lot of fun. :cry: :cry:
Good luck RL and I hope I'll see you around!
:tnp:

Thanks for everything you've done this term Malphe. It takes real resilience and leadership to manage the Defense ministry, and I'm proud of you.

Back