[Species Proposal] Hydra

TNP Nation
Demescia
I’m really bad at being intricate and complex so I’ll just be concise and brief.

Hydras (Draco Querquedulae) are subaqueous reptiles, situated in the seas around Demescia. They have elongated, scaled torsos, similar to lizards or dragons. However, they have webbed wings and toes to help with swimming through the ocean. They predate mostly on fish, sometimes including sharks, but are relatively harmless to humans unless threatened. If their habitat is allowed to extend beyond the coasts of Demescia, they’d be mostly in the subtropics. They’d be smart, but not as smart as regular dragons.

The Lithonians would’ve put a large focus on the animal. Jovo, of Jovoism, was rumoured to take the form of a hydra. Hydras may have also came into play with the [Unnamed Conflict] of the late 1800s, in which natives protested the hunting and killing of Hydras and inadvertently almost put the country into a civil war.

Of course, I have a back-up plan in case this proposal doesn’t get approved. Also, I'll make edits to anatomy if necessary.

Proxy of Demescia:
I’m really bad at being intricate and complex so I’ll just be concise and brief.

Hydras (Draco Querquedulae) are subaqueous reptiles, situated in the seas around Demescia. They have elongated, scaled torsos, similar to lizards or dragons. However, they have webbed wings and toes to help with swimming through the ocean. They predate mostly on fish, sometimes including sharks, but are relatively harmless to humans unless threatened. If their habitat is allowed to extend beyond the coasts of Demescia, they’d be mostly in the subtropics. They’d be smart, but not as smart as regular dragons.

The Lithonians would’ve put a large focus on the animal. Jovo, of Jovoism, was rumoured to take the form of a hydra. Hydras may have also came into play with the [Unnamed Conflict] of the late 1800s, in which natives protested the hunting and killing of Hydras and inadvertently almost put the country into a civil war.

Of course, I have a back-up plan in case this proposal doesn’t get approved. Also, I'll make edits to anatomy if necessary.
Why do they have wings if they spend most their time in water?

Esplandia:
Proxy of Demescia:

Why do they have wings if they spend most their time in water?
True. I'll make their anatomy more like a snake's then. Though perhaps what wings they might have are vestigial.

How similar are they to rl mythological hydras? Specifically do they grow three heads when you cut off one?

Back