Inauguration of Juan Andrés Berrocal

Alexey

TNPer
(OOC: Everyone is invited to send a delegation to the inauguration, military parade, and state dinner).

It has been less than 24 hours since Juan Andrés Berrocal was elected as President of the Republic of Cojedes. The inauguration ceremony has been in the works for several months and leaders from all across the world have been invited. The outgoing government and the incoming members of the National Assembly have already taken their seats. Everyone is awaiting for Juan Andrés Berrocal and Sebastian Rega to enter onto the balcony.

House Speaker Enrique Alexander takes the podium. "Ladies and Gentlemen. It is with a great pleasure that I present to you, Vice President-elect Sebastian Rega."

The crowd erupts in applause as Sebastian Rega walks out onto the balcony where other members of government already are.

"I now invite Vice President-elect Sebastian Rega to step forward and take the oath of office, given by Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court Nikolai Rodriguez."

People cheer as both men step forward. The Chief Justice presents a Bible and requests the Vice President-Elect raise his right hand with his left on the Bible.

"I, Sebastian rega, do solemnly swear to defend the Constitution of the Republic of Cojedes against all threats, foreign and domestic. I swear that I will pledge my love and loyalty to the nation. That I take this obligation freely, without any reservation. And that I will faithfully execute the duties that are required of me and of this office. So Help me God."

Chief Justice Nikolai Rodriguez: I now present to you, Vice President Sebastian Rega!

The crowd erupts in cheers and applause as the Vice President waves out to the crowd.

Senate Chairman Mauricio Morales: "Ladies and Gentlemen. It it my honor to present to you President-elect Juan Andrés Berrocal!"

The crowd erupts in cheers and applause as the President-elect walks out onto the balcony.

"I now invite Supreme Court Chief Justice Valeria Garcia and President-elect Juan Andrés Berrocal to step forward to give the Presidential Oath of Office."

The leaders step forward to cheers and applause. The Chief Justice presents a Bible and asks the President-elect to place his left hand on the Bible and his right hand in the air.

"I, Juan Andrés Berrocal, do solemnly swear to execute the office of President of the Republic of Cojedes. As such, I do solemnly swear to defend the Constitution of the Republic of Cojedes from all threats, internal and external. In taking this office, I promise to lead the military as Commander in Chief and to come to the aid of the people of the nation and to our allies when it is necessary. If I fail to execute this duty, may God have mercy on my soul. So help me God."

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Valeria Garcia: "Damas y Caballeros. Honorables invitados y miembros de la Asamblea Nacional. Ladies and Gentlemen. Honored Guests and Members of the National Assembly, it is my honor to present, President Juan Andrés Berrocal!"

The people erupt with cheering and applause as President Juan Andrés Berrocal waves to the audience and prepares to give his speech.

President Juan Andrés Berrocal: "Damas y Caballeros. Honorables invitados y miembros de la Asamble Nacional. Ladies and Gentlemen. Honored Guests and Members of the National Assembly, I am truly honored this day to be inaugurated as the 66th President of the Republic of Cojedes! Today, our nation has brought together the young and the old, the majority and the minority, the left and the right. Today, we are all Cojedans!. Today, we all gather here for a common cause of peace, justice, and unity. Our previous leaders have set the foundation for all that is to come and I thank them greatly. Today, I affirm my commitment to the nation and to the people of our great country. I pledge to continue the current program that is the Rosario Initiative, to oversee the expansion of the country and to expand our reliance on renewable energy. This will not be an easy task. I am calling on all members of the government to work together to ensure that the common goal that was begun by our former leadership will continue and will prosper. I ask all of you to join with us in this program and to help us find ways to make our nation a better place. A place where it does not matter where you come from or what your background is. A place where we can all live and prosper as equals. A place that we can all call home. Tomorrow, I will sign my first executive order to lower the costs of healthcare throughout the nation. At the same time, I also call on the National Assembly to enact legislation to make education free throughout all levels. I thank you all for being here today. God bless you all and God bless the Republic of Cojedes!"

The People cheer, shout, and applaud as the President stands at the podium waving out to the crowd. Vice President Rega joins him and the two take their seats as the military parade begins.

Soldiers of the Military of Cojedes, National Guard, and the National Police Force begin to march and present a show of arms in salute to the new President and Vice President. People applaud as the soldiers march throughout the Plaza de la Libertad (Liberty Plaza). Several planes of the Rosario Air Division do a flyover and spray the colors of the Cojedan flag. While the parade is going on, the Rosario Gospel Choir and the Army Band join together and begin to sing several songs, including Mama Rosa's Wedding and My Cojedan Dream.

Following the conclusion of the parade, the new leaders leave the balcony with the outgoing leaders to meet in the House with Chimeras and discuss the future of Cojedes before the state dinner. The sun shines brightly on the palace to symbolize a new age in the history of Cojedes.
----------------------------------------
6 PM:The Rose Palace

The First State Dinner of President Juan Andrés Berrocal was off to a great start. Cojedan politicians, foreign leaders, and invited guests had begun to take their seats. Vice President Sebastian Rega and his wife Alejandra had already been mingling with the guests and the time had come for the President to welcome his guests.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. If I may have you attention for just a moment. I wish to welcome you all to my inaugural state dinner. It is a pleasure to have you all here. I am pleased that you have all come as it shows that you have some level of faith in me and my government. I hope that we can all begin to work together soon, but for tonight, let us enjoy what we already have before us. Thank you for coming and I hope you enjoy yourselves!"

Duke Mathies Jórvík leaned back in his chair, taking in the cheers of the crowd as Sebastian Rega and Juan Andrés Berrocal took their oaths of office. He had an excellent view of both the stage and assembled crowds from the section reserved for foreign dignitaries.

He couldn't help compare the Inauguration of President Berrocal to the coronation of his cousin back in Prydania nearly a year ago. The fact that the new Cojeden President was young for his post only drove the comparison home further. His eyes moved from the Chief Justice and the President to the the assembled Cojeden officials.
Which of them would try to take advantage of that youth? Try to leverage their own ambitions onto him? Which would tell him what to hear at just the right time?

He clapped and stood as President Berrocal waved to the crowd, turning his attention to the military parade. He could appreciate that as a military man. And maybe even take notes. The Prydanian government was in the midst of re-organizing the military, and this would be an opportunity to take notes...

The Duke was wearing the dress uniform of a Lieutenant-General of the Royal Prydanian Army, looking up as the newly sworn President of Cojedes addressed the crowd. He would have to find time to meet with the young man.
He could have resented his government for sending him on this assignment, out of Prydania just as elections were underway. Just at the moment he would prefer to be in Prydania to fortify his own position.

Still, he chose to look at this as an opportunity. He would be the new President's gateway to Prydania. That was, in and of itself, of little value. He didn't need to be of value to President Berrocal though. He merely had to be of value to his cousin, the King. And whoever ended up winning the election in a few months time.

It was to that end that he raised his glass with a smile, to salute the new President.

Isaak Wiesenberger, who was at Cojedes on an assignment as part of the Kaiserliche Auslandsdienst,[note]Imperial Foreign Service[/note] watched as he saw the new President and Vice-President of Cojedes get sworn into office. Wiesenberger cheered alongside with the crowd when they see the President and his new adjutant get sworn in. As the President gave his speech, he was thinking. It reminded him of what happened back home in Cimmeria. Wilhelm Staedtler, the current Prime Minister of Cimmeria wasn’t formally sworn into office, considering what was happening in Cimmeria at the time he was sworn in. It was during the Crown Conflict when his father disappeared, and was replaced by his son who wasn’t planning on taking the role of Prime Minister in the first place. Despite this, he didn’t think much of it, and continued to cheer alongside with the crowd.

Dietmar Rüdiger, Ninhundish ambassador of Cojedes, was impressed at how many foreign government officials were present. With the recent election he thought it would be a good chance to build a friendship and start fresh again. He was then reminded of the last Ninhundish elections happening only a year ago right before he was sent to Cojedes. He loved Rosario and was glad that he would remain the ambassador.

After the dinner he decided it was time to meet the two men in person hoping that the friendship would not only strengthen relations between Ninhundland and Cojedes but that it would be the start to better diplomacy across Gothis.

Jon Norberg sat in the audience with his wife. It was warmer in Rosario, certainly better than the upper 50s (F) of Gojannesstad. A veteran of the Bari Intervention, he certainly enjoyed the parade. He thought to himself how important it would be to have the new president for a conference, and immediately move forward with relations during his term.

Sven Mathison, one of the three Chancellors from Merilia, sat with his wife, Hannah, and watched as the new Cojeden President and Vice-President were sworn in and then listened to the speech given. As the speech came to an end, the two decided to stay towards the back to watch the military parade and observe the other foreign dignitaries that were in attendance. Sven knew he would need to go up and congratulate President Berrocal and to affirm that friendly relations would continue between the two nations. But for now, he would sit back and enjoy the parade and festivities.

Thomas Nelson, the prime councilmen of Tommatito, stood and clapped enthusiastically. Surrounded by guards he couldn’t get a good view of anything. He was guided away by his guards once the ceremony ended to get ready for the great dinner.

at the dinner

He sits and listens to the president and wats for an opritunity to meet other leaders and to discuss world issues and ways to solve them.

Back