-
-
TNP Nation
Xagill
Discord
Rocketdog
nzci5uP.png

Hey all,
Being your previous Minister of Home Affairs and Communications, I ask your support in the upcoming election so I can serve to improve our region, and with that being TNP’s next Vice Delegate.
As always, here is what I am planning to do if elected,

Regional Endorsements
With the successful run of TNP for #1, I definitely plan another run at the end of June or early July. This would be in conjunction with the Ministry of Culture and our Security Council. Furthermore, I wish to increase the base endorsements that most nations have, by furthermore promoting the endorse button on the forum, to allow nations to endorse faster and quicker as well as potentially introducing them to the rest of the forum. Finally, as always, monthly WADP will be released.

SC's Endorsements and RMB Interaction
Themed weeks on the RMB and possibly the WFE, sponsored by a particular SC member to increase endorsements for that particular member as well as interactions and getting to know SCers better.
During my time as Minister of Home Affairs I attempted to restart the RMB trivia program, unfortunately, it hasn’t worked out. Hopefully, I can work with Home Affairs to produce a RMB trivia program.

Citizenship Checks
With releasing weekly recruitment lists for Home Affairs, I hope to apply that to the VD checks, with a maximum of 8 hrs wait between checks (because Australian timezones and I need sleep).

As always feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try and answer them as quickly as possible.
C0lvsrg.png

How do you feel your experience as Minister of Home Affairs and Communications will specifically help you in the role of Vice Delegate?

What do you feel is your weakest area of knowledge and how will you seek to remedy it?

Brendog, I knew it was a matter of time before you took a leap like this. You and your opponents in this race are part of a new generation in TNP that will hopefully stick with us and continue to advance and improve the region in the months and years ahead, and I am glad you continue to step up and give your time for us. No matter the outcome, I expect you will stick around and we will have more to see from you.

I provided a series of questions for the Vice Delegate candidates to answer in Friday's impromptu debate. You seemed to respond to all of them already, but many people didn't attend or see the transcript, so I wanted to give you a chance to address them here:

What are some areas where you believe you could build on what Siwale did during his terms as VD? Did you see any missed opportunities or anything that didn’t work well?

In a single word or phrase, explain what the crux of your mission as VD will be. What will define the office in your term?

How well versed are you on Security Council procedure? Can you give us the basics as if you were introducing is to the concept for the first time?

After serving as VD, or even while serving, do you intend to seek a spot on the Security Council?

Do you believe the VD and/or Security Council has any useful role, or should be involved in, efforts to enhance WA participation? Would your efforts include any significant effort into further enhancing and developing the WADP?

How accommodating would you be if in the event you reject a citizen application the RA requests specific details as to why you deemed that person to have failed a security check? How do you see that process playing out, what would you do in that scenario?

If you had the choice to serve in an additional role in the cabinet while also serving as VD, which ministry would you believe is best suited for you, and how would your stewardship of that ministry change in light of your duties as VD?

I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance.

I have a question regarding security checks. As I'm sure you know, the Vice Delegate does these checks with the advice of the Council as a whole. If you are elected, how will you determine when to explicitly consult with the SC on an applicant? Additionally, after weighing their advice, what criteria would you use to determine whether to in fact block an applicant from becoming a citizen? When would you pass or fail an applicant against the SC's advice?

As is the case with Deropia, you have some degree of experience with all the ministries. Would you be willing to provide your aid and experience to those ministries, provided it didn't conflict with or interfere with your duties as VD?
There will be a shortage of experienced ministers, methinks.
For example, would you help the new HA minister with their duties, to whatever extent is necessary, through the necessary learning curve?

I don't really know how time-consuming the VD's responsibilities are. You'd be chairing the SC. You'd have to maintain your endorsement count. Citizenship checks. You intend to increase endorsement counts region-wide.

Would you make the time to help the ministerial executives?

Your last activity in the HA HQ TG template thread was on Apr 19, when you posted a template claimed by someone else rather than the one you had previously claimed (unless you were doing so by request.)

Why might that be?
Have you been that involved in preparing for your candidacy?

Stoskavanya1:
How do you feel your experience as Minister of Home Affairs and Communications will specifically help you in the role of Vice Delegate?
For Home Affairs, I will try an apply weekly recruitment lists to daily citizenship checks. In terms of Communications, publication of a monthly TNL will definitely translate into the publication of the WADP.

Stoskavanya1:
What do you feel is your weakest area of knowledge and how will you seek to remedy it?
Security Council procedure, I have not read that in a long while, and with the recent amendments passed I am not in tune with the current version. Hopefully asking previous VD's as well as looking through the threads will help me. Furthermore I plan to spend time reading the SC's procedure.

Pallaith:
Brendog, I knew it was a matter of time before you took a leap like this. You and your opponents in this race are part of a new generation in TNP that will hopefully stick with us and continue to advance and improve the region in the months and years ahead, and I am glad you continue to step up and give your time for us. No matter the outcome, I expect you will stick around and we will have more to see from you.

I provided a series of questions for the Vice Delegate candidates to answer in Friday's impromptu debate. You seemed to respond to all of them already, but many people didn't attend or see the transcript, so I wanted to give you a chance to address them here:

Thank you for those kind words, on any outcome I hope to work closely with the Delegate and the region. I hope to answer as close to that of the debate.

Pallaith:
What are some areas where you believe you could build on what Siwale did during his terms as VD? Did you see any missed opportunities or anything that didn’t work well?
I think Siwale did a great job over the past two terms. The only thing I would do is minor changes to the Legal Code with the Security Council.

Pallaith:
In a single word or phrase, explain what the crux of your mission as VD will be. What will define the office in your term?
Increasing base endorsement of all nations. Through another run of TNP for #1 and also promoting endorsement tools, I hope to increase the base endorsement rate.

Pallaith:
How well versed are you on Security Council procedure? Can you give us the basics as if you were introducing is to the concept for the first time?
As I said earlier not too familiar but can quote and explain small parts of it. The Security Council are nations with high endorsements and influence that protect the region from external and internal threats to the Delegate. Through the total collective amount of SPDR of the SC it is hard for a rogue delegate or coup to eject those nations without expanding too much influence. Furthermore, the SC monitors endorsements of high-endoed nations to warn of endorsements too close to the threshold as stated in the Legal Code.

Pallaith:
After serving as VD, or even while serving, do you intend to seek a spot on the Security Council?
Not immediately after my term as VD, but definately in the future.

Pallaith:
Do you believe the VD and/or Security Council has any useful role, or should be involved in, efforts to enhance WA participation? Would your efforts include any significant effort into further enhancing and developing the WADP?
I believe that the VD and Security Council should actively enhance WA participation through participation in the WA vote, actively promoting endotarting tools and encouraging new WA members. In terms of the WADP I believe it needs no more development. The only minor thing I would do, if possible is to add 1 or 2 more categories.

Pallaith:
How accommodating would you be if in the event you reject a citizen application the RA requests specific details as to why you deemed that person to have failed a security check? How do you see that process playing out, what would you do in that scenario?
I would release all information to the RA, even in a redacted form as I am accountable to the RA. If any information that is a treat to regional security I would only do it via a court ruling.

Pallaith:
If you had the choice to serve in an additional role in the cabinet while also serving as VD, which ministry would you believe is best suited for you, and how would your stewardship of that ministry change in light of your duties as VD?
Definitely Home Affairs, as I have experience. I believe the VD might change my duties as Minister in terms of how I would present myself to new nations.

Pallaith:
I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance.
Thanks for your questions, Pallaith!

SillyString:
I have a question regarding security checks. As I'm sure you know, the Vice Delegate does these checks with the advice of the Council as a whole. If you are elected, how will you determine when to explicitly consult with the SC on an applicant?
I realise it is not feasible to seek the advice of the SC on every nation, I would consult with the SC on a few main points. My suspicions that the nation is a puppet of a known dangerous threat and any nation with a high endo count (>500).

SillyString:
Additionally, after weighing their advice, what criteria would you use to determine whether to in fact block an applicant from becoming a citizen?
I would first check if the applicant passed the Speaker and Admin check firstly. Secondly, I would message the applicant on the reasoning behind his application. Lastly, I would check if for any post by the applicant on the forums, NS forums or RMB.

SillyString:
When would you pass or fail an applicant against the SC's advice?
If the SC's advice is inconclusive or not a majority yes/no, I would pass/fail on my own judgement.

Isimud:
As is the case with Deropia, you have some degree of experience with all the ministries. Would you be willing to provide your aid and experience to those ministries, provided it didn't conflict with or interfere with your duties as VD?
There will be a shortage of experienced ministers, methinks.
For example, would you help the new HA minister with their duties, to whatever extent is necessary, through the necessary learning curve?
Yes as always, the ministries, especially Home Affairs are key to running this region.

Isimud:
I don't really know how time-consuming the VD's responsibilities are. You'd be chairing the SC. You'd have to maintain your endorsement count. Citizenship checks. You intend to increase endorsement counts region-wide.
Yes, that is the main premise of my campaign. Do see my replies to Pallaith.

Isimud:
Would you make the time to help the ministerial executives?
If time allows, yes. As always the role I am elected for always takes priority.

Isimud:
Your last activity in the HA HQ TG template thread was on Apr 19, when you posted a template claimed by someone else rather than the one you had previously claimed (unless you were doing so by request.)

Why might that be?
Have you been that involved in preparing for your candidacy?
No. It just has been a tough week of RL issues, eg mid-sem exams for the past two weeks. I hope to be more active.

Back