-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
Greetings TNP!

It has been a true honor to serve as your Vice Delegate over these past two terms. Through this position, I hope I have accurately displayed my reliability, trustworthiness, and effectiveness. As my second term as Vice Delegate comes to a close, I am prepared to tackle new and exciting challenges. Therefore, I have some thrilling news...

On May 1st, I will be officially declaring my candidacy for Delegate of The North Pacific!

My campaign will be centered around strengthening TNP's global presence, bridging the gap between the gameside and forumside areas of our community, enhancing ministry functions, and promoting overall activity in all areas of the executive. Be on the lookout for my full platform on May 1st.

Sincerely,

Siwale

giphy.gif

Some would say that this transition is the classic move of any player who is actually trying to coup a GCR: serving faithfully as VP and then seamlessly leveraging that into the Delegate's seat. How would you respond?

Mall:
Some would say that this transition is the classic move of any player who is actually trying to coup a GCR: serving faithfully as VP and then seamlessly leveraging that into the Delegate's seat. How would you respond?
Whoever is saying this must be referring to a different GCR. TNP doesn't have a VP :P

So glad to see you are running. You have done a great job as VD, and you have my complete support. Best of luck in the election. It looks like it is going to be exciting!

Great Bights Mum:
So glad to see you are running. You have done a great job as VD, and you have my complete support. Best of luck in the election. It looks like it is going to be exciting!
Thank you for your support, GBM!!

The Global:
Siwale and Aerilia 2018:

A dream ticket
I'm not a big fan of tickets but I appreciate the support!

Siwale:
Mall:
Whoever is saying this must be referring to a different GCR. TNP doesn't have a VP :P
Some would say that by refusing to address the substance of the post you have essentially admitted that you are working with various raider groups who you have gotten to agree to endorse you for a bit with their sleepers and then bring in their full forces once you coup in exchange for WFE support and embassies. Others would add that there are almost certainly logs stating as much floating around already. How would you respond?

Mall:
Some would say that by refusing to address the substance of the post you have essentially admitted that you are working with various raider groups who you have gotten to agree to endorse you for a bit with their sleepers and then bring in their full forces once you coup in exchange for WFE support and embassies. Others would add that there are almost certainly logs stating as much floating around already. How would you respond?
My apologies for not being more direct in my first answer. No, I am not planning on couping the very government which I have been serving to protect. One of these days, you've got to introduce me to whoever is saying these things. They sound like a real character :P

Some might say Mal's post was initially answered at the level of substance it has, others might beg to differ, all the things some say can be so confusing.

Some others including yours truly might just say, have a nice campaign!

Barbarossistan:
Some might say Mal's post was initially answered at the level of substance it has, others might beg to differ, all the things some say can be so confusing.

Some others including yours truly might just say, have a nice campaign!
Thanks! :)

Alright. Noice, my friend! Siwale the Sloth. How do you propose to keep TNP allied with The East Pacific, who is becoming a raider-oriented dictatorship. Do you even want a TNP alliance with TEP?

The South Falls:
Alright. Noice, my friend! Siwale the Sloth. How do you propose to keep TNP allied with The East Pacific, who is becoming a raider-oriented dictatorship. Do you even want a TNP alliance with TEP?
I'm assuming you are referring to this liberation which is meant to be taken a joke. TNP will continue to honor it's treaty with TEP.

Isimud:
Glad to see you running, Siwale!
Thank you, Isimud!

Siwale:
The South Falls:
I'm assuming you are referring to this liberation which is meant to be taken a joke. TNP will continue to honor it's treaty with TEP.

Isimud:
Glad to see you running, Siwale!
Thank you, Isimud!
I was making a joke too. How do you see fit to increase the sloth population in TNP?

The South Falls:
I was making a joke too. How do you see fit to increase the sloth population in TNP?
I have no plans to increase the sloth population. I'd prefer to keep TNP a vastly diverse animal kingdom. :P

I'm still deciding who to support, but good luck, Siwale!

PS: I dare you to have a sloth-off against Sopo.

Siwale:
The South Falls:
I have no plans to increase the sloth population. I'd prefer to keep TNP a vastly diverse animal kingdom. :P
Siwale!!

New information has come to my attention, directly from my supremely, enormously, fabulously, fantastically competent research staff [their egos are immense]!!

How can you be unaware of the plight of the IUCN thrice-listed, critically endangered Bradypus pygmaeus, also know as the Pygmy Three-toed Sloth (your very cousins!!), of Isla Escudo de Veraguas, in the islands of Bocas del Toro, Panama!!?

Citation: http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/61925/0

You bring shame to your family, the Bradypodidae!! Surely sloths are far superior to my own family, Hominidae, with regards to self-knowledge, wisdom, compassion, and empathy? Your ancestors have existed for 40 million years, whereas mine have, at best, for a mere 20 million!!

On a more personal note, how is it that you escaped the the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica, where you were incarcerated as a child? Are you an expatriate? Are you a fugitive? Should we expect Costa Rican officials to show up at the veritable door of TNP, demanding that you be extradited back to your native country and returned to the sanctuary? If so, then how, in good conscious, can you run for the delegacy? As the TNP delegate you'll be known NS-wide!! How can those, who surely still seek you, fail to become aware of your presence in TNP? Can you, and the integrity of TNP itself, survive such a scandal?

Reference: http://www.zooborns.com/zooborns/2013/05/save-our-sloths-.html?

Edit: misplaced a !

Isimud:
Siwale!!

New information has come to my attention, directly from my supremely, enormously, fabulously, fantastically competent research staff [their egos are immense]!!

How can you be unaware of the plight of the IUCN thrice-listed, critically endangered Bradypus pygmaeus, also know as the Pygmy Three-toed Sloth (your very cousins!!), of Isla Escudo de Veraguas, in the islands of Bocas del Toro, Panama!!?

You bring shame to your family, the Bradypodidae!! Surely sloths are far superior to my own family, Hominidae, with regards to self-knowledge, wisdom, compassion, and empathy? Your ancestors have existed for 40 million years, whereas mine have, at best, for a mere 20 million!!
Oh no!!! Save the Pygmy Three-toed Sloth! :cry:

Isimud:
On a more personal note, how is it that you escaped the the Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica, where you were incarcerated as a child? Are you an expatriate? Are you a fugitive? Should we expect Costa Rican officials to show up at the veritable door of TNP, demanding that you be extradited back to your native country and returned to the sanctuary? If so, then how, in good conscious, can you run for the delegacy? As the TNP delegate you'll be known NS-wide!! How can those, who surely still seek you, fail to become aware of your presence in TNP? Can you, and the integrity of TNP itself, survive such a scandal?

I had a lovely stay at the Sloth Sanctuary, but they released me back into the wild 15 months ago and forgot to place the GPS tracker on me. They won't be coming back anytime soon! :D

The South Falls:
Alright, are the rumors true? Is your running mate Aerilia, the spammer and friend of the RMBers?
The rumors are false. I do not have a running mate.

Siwale:
Isimud:
Siwale!!

Oh no!!! Save the Pygmy Three-toed Sloth! :cry:

Isimud:

I had a lovely stay at the Sloth Sanctuary, but they released me back into the wild 15 months ago and forgot to place the GPS tracker on me. They won't be coming back anytime soon! :D

The South Falls:
Alright, are the rumors true? Is your running mate Aerilia, the spammer and friend of the RMBers?
The rumors are false. I do not have a running mate.
I meant Vice Delegate. Another question, then. What is the thing you consider most important to do?

The South Falls:
I meant Vice Delegate. Another question, then. What is the thing you consider most important to do?
While it's hard to pick just one thing, I would have to say increasing TNP's global engagement is at the top of my list. We need to be putting ourselves out there more by promoting interregional collaboration, participating in global discussions, and regularly engaging with our embassy regions.

Siwale:
The South Falls:
While it's hard to pick just one thing, I would have to say increasing TNP's global engagement is at the top of my list. We need to be putting ourselves out there more by promoting interregional collaboration, participating in global discussions, and regularly engaging with our embassy regions.
Maybe we could open our region to more RMB embassies, make RMB ambassadors, as well as forum ambassadors, and have a NS forum recruitment drive?

The South Falls:
Maybe we could open our region to more RMB embassies, make RMB ambassadors, as well as forum ambassadors, and have a NS forum recruitment drive?
RMB engagement is another great way to stay connect with embassy regions. I'm all for opening RMB embassies with regions who have maintained an active forumside embassy with us for a few months. Our standard embassy policy allows for this but not all regions who qualify are currently utilizing the gameside embassy feature.

Ambassador positions are typically manageable with one person covering both the gameside and offsite aspects to their assigned region. Plus, the limited staffing in the Diplomatic Corps would prevent us from dividing up ambassador roles in every region.

The NS forum is definitely a great place to find the latest in NS news. Certainly, we should be making nations aware of this.

Siwale:
I had a lovely stay at the Sloth Sanctuary, but they released me back into the wild 15 months ago and forgot to place the GPS tracker on me. They won't be coming back anytime soon!

How can you afford to be so naive as a potential delegate?

You're how old? 3, 4, 5 solar years tops? Clearly an adult, if young, sloth. The type of 'people' that would lock up young children, through no fault of their own, and clever enough to call their gulag a 'sanctuary,' so as to present a facade to the world, when clearly they were intending to perform experimentation on all the sloths, young and old, they had collected and enslaved, most likely by such horrific methods as beauty product testing.

And you believe that they just 'forgot' to put a GPS tracker on you!?

I consider it far more likely that they have let you run on your leash and will soon find reason to give it a sharp tug, such as when you become delegate.

How do you propose to deal with this possibility? You're likely an orphan, but perhaps you still have family, at least cousins, at the sanctuary. What will you do if they're threatened? Will you send in the NPA, creating an international incident?

Isimud:
How can you afford to be so naive as a potential delegate?

You're how old? 3, 4, 5 solar years tops? Clearly an adult, if young, sloth. The type of 'people' that would lock up young children, through no fault of their own, and clever enough to call their gulag a 'sanctuary,' so as to present a facade to the world, when clearly they were intending to perform experimentation on all the sloths, young and old, they had collected and enslaved, most likely by such horrific methods as beauty product testing.

And you believe that they just 'forgot' to put a GPS tracker on you!?

I consider it far more likely that they have let you run on your leash and will soon find reason to give it a sharp tug, such as when you become delegate.

How do you propose to deal with this possibility? You're likely an orphan, but perhaps you still have family, at least cousins, at the sanctuary. What will you do if they're threatened? Will you send in the NPA, creating an international incident?
They're nice people over at the Sloth Sanctuary! They rescue and rehabilitate orphaned and injured sloths. Certainly not the prison you are making it out to be. :P

What will be your foreign policy? Lean more TSP-like and heighten restrictions on Balder and Europeia, and increase requirements for embassies, or open up to more regions and increase relations with Europeia, TWP, and TRR?
I would prefer the latter :P

I would like to officially endorse Siwale for delegate, valid until I retract it. I swear upon the holy book of water, soaked with rum that we have, right? That I and only I will retract this statement, and it is made in truth, and good faith.

Siwale:
They're nice people over at the Sloth Sanctuary! They rescue and rehabilitate orphaned and injured sloths. Certainly not the prison you are making it out to be. :P

Brainwashed! Enslaved in mind and body! Oh, the horror...

But to what purpose? What could the Sanctuary want? Some kind of manchurian candidate? To what end? You're a sloth running for the highest office in the land.

Ah. Of course! This implanted notion of "promoting interregional collaboration, participating in global discussions." You mean to set up a summit of regional leaders! Massive death and carnage!

I hear the NPIA has methods of deprogramming. Sad, but it no longer exists. Supposedly.

Despite the fun I had with this, and because you've been a good sport, you'll likely have my support as well. If you don't f/u.

Maybe.

Back