Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Ladies and gentlemen, today I've come to announce that I will be running for Delegate in the May 2018 General Election.

If you haven't noticed already, I have been actively communicating with the citizenry to build the grassroots of what will eventually be my platform. I will be reaching out to all of you, whether that be via an in-game telegram, a forum PM, or on Discord to see what the government can do to improve.

I hope that you understand that I will be committing my time, my effort, and my commitment to make sure that what you, as a citizen of The North Pacific, want from the Delegate and his government in the next term.

Representing my region in this capacity is something I've dreamed of since I joined back in 2013, and I believe my experience, coupled with ideas from our amazing community, will ensure our roots our strong.

With love and carrots,

Bootsie

Eluvatar:
Will we be guinea pigs for your ideas?
That sounds like something I would turtlely do, Elu!

That and TG the entire region...

So many TGs...

Good luck Bootsie. There was talk a few years ago of this type of campaigning becoming the norm. I hope you get a great response rate.

Some would say that this type of "grass roots" movement is exactly the type of rhetoric that JAL was using prior to his coup. How would you respond?

Mall:
Some would say that this type of "grass roots" movement is exactly the type of rhetoric that JAL was using prior to his coup. How would you respond?
Who's some, and is there evidence that they would, in fact, say this? :eyebrow:

mcmasterdonia:
Good luck Bootsie. There was talk a few years ago of this type of campaigning becoming the norm. I hope you get a great response rate.

391 TGs and counting. This is great...so great... <_< Thanks McM.

Kasch:
I wish you the best of luck with your campaign, Bootsie! :D

Thanks Kasch.

Mall:

Some would answer that possibly grassroots are actually a part of a genuine campaign and not just wording used by JAL to coup.
Funkadelia:
Bootsie:
Funkadelia:
I am curious as to why you gave the region a gender?
I didn’t?
Ah. Why did you gender the Delegate’s office then? No one knows the gender of the next delegate, and it promotes the continuation of the restrictive man-woman dichotomy that is already causing so many problems in the world.

I'm gendering myself, Funk. The "his" is appropriate because the preceding sentence is talking about myself. I understand that we don't know who the next Delegate is, but I know I'd like it to be me, so my wording reflects that.

For the short time I have been a part of the North Pacific community, there has been one person that has been particularly welcoming and supportive of my ideas and observations. This person is Bootsie who cares deeply for his home and its future potential. I support him and look forward to seeing him better this great and historic region not only militaristically, but also through the propagation of culture, diplomacy, and community!

Good luck to you!

Wonderess:
For the short time I have been a part of the North Pacific community, there has been one person that has been particularly welcoming and supportive of my ideas and observations. This person is Bootsie who cares deeply for his home and its future potential. I support him and look forward to seeing him better this great and historic region not only militaristically, but also through the propagation of culture, diplomacy, and community!

Good luck to you!
:tnp:

Welcome to TNP, Wonderess!

Thank you for the support!

Bootsie:
Mall:

Some would answer that possibly grassroots are actually a part of a genuine campaign and not just wording used by JAL to coup.
Some would say that that was obviously not an actual grassroots campaign, and thus you have either admitted to being facetious about your intent to utilize a "grassroots" method or that you actually do intend to coup. How would you respond?

Mall:
Bootsie:
Mall:

Some would say that that was obviously not an actual grassroots campaign, and thus you have either admitted to being facetious about your intent to utilize a "grassroots" method or that you actually do intend to coup. How would you respond?

My campaign is legitimate. Stay tuned for my platform! :)

Barbarossistan:
without wanting to be prejudicial to other candidates, good luck Bootsie. Have good campaign.

Thanks dude!

flemingovia:
Any chance of you changing your avatar, since Guinea Pigs are delicious?

I mean, I find myself rather delicious, so I think I’ll keep it.

How many puns will you make during your administration? Also, good luck, Bootsie! Have a good run. So many good people running, don't know who I'll choose.

The South Falls:
How many puns will you make during your administration? Also, good luck, Bootsie! Have a good run. So many good people running, don't know who I'll choose.
Apparently you chose to endorse Siwale. :P

I consider myself to be a punny guy, I’ve been working all wheekend on my puns, as well as my platform.

I do hope you’ll reconsider your endorsement, I believe I have more experience than Siwale, as well as a stronger platform.

Bootsie:
I believe I have more experience than Siwale, as well as a stronger platform.
I'll wait eagerly for said platform to finally materialize.

Ladies and gentlemen,

In just a couple of hours, we will be starting one of, if not the most competitive general election cycles to date. I have been consistently working on my platform to perfect it to what I think TNP needs from its government in the next four months. Without you, the roots of this campaign, this platform would not be what it is. I'm proud to call The North Pacific my home region, and hope I get to serve as your Delegate this term. I know I've been secretive about my platform, and I want to apologize. With the amount of people contributing, from the citizens that have been here for over a decade to the citizens who have just joined, my platform has gone through many changes, every one for the better.

Originally, I was looking to name it "The Delegacy: Reimagined", however, as the grassroots of my campaign were being built, I realized that the region, the Delegacy, and my campaign all rely on our roots to succeed. So, in a couple of hours, when I formally become a candidate, keep a look out for "Our Roots Are Strong". Together as a region, we can use our roots to accomplish what we couldn't do alone.

Thank you all for helping me get to where I am today, and together, our roots are strong.

Back