-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
The Security Council has nominated Gladio for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was unanimous, with 6 ayes, 0 nays, 1 abstention, and 1 non-voting member.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

I can only expect that he would fulfill his duties in the SC well, if his consistent competence as MoD is any indication. That said, not an expert of the workings of the SC, could be comparing apples and oranges.

Congrats on the nomination, Gladio.

I'll get the obvious question out of the way since you've been the MoD for so long before becoming Delegate.
Do you intend to rejoin the NPA after your term as Delegate, or soon thereafter?

Darcania:

I'll get the obvious question out of the way since you've been the MoD for so long before becoming Delegate.
Do you intend to rejoin the NPA after your term as Delegate, or soon thereafter?
Did he ever leave the NPA? He's still in the forum group, still on the roster and he has organized and triggered for numerous operations in his term as Delegate.

Darcania:

Technically I'm still an NPA member and will retain my membership even after my term Is over and I'm no longer Delegate. Obviously I won't be able to deploy on missions but I can still help out by organizing and leading ops, training new members, giving advice etc. I can also help out with papperwork (managing the NPA documents).

I'll have to keep in mind to ask all questions in a 100% clear, literal fashion from now on. Thank you to the three of you for piling on and letting me know something I'm already aware of for using shorthand in my question. Thank you for at least answering the question, Gladio.

Are there any complications that may come about if an incumbent delegate is also a member of the Security Council? I feel it may be a small erosion of the current perceived checks and balances of TNP governance.

Wonderess:
Are there any complications that may come about if an incumbent delegate is also a member of the Security Council? I feel it may be a small erosion of the current perceived checks and balances of TNP governance.
It isn't a perfect system, but we have had a number of Delegates in the past who were concurrently serving as members of the Security Council without any problems. The Delegate is largely involved in the Council anyways throughout their term since they work with the SC to protect the gameside delegacy from any external threats. I, just as a number of Vice Delegates before me, have allowed the Delegate access to the private areas of the Security Council if they were not already a SC member in order to facilitate this collaboration. This access to non-members can be removed at any time by the VD if deemed necessary.

The main issue I see with the serving Delegate also serving on the Security Council is in the event that the Delegate goes rogue. This would certainly make the Security Council's job of removing the Rogue Delegate a little trickier since the Rogue Delegate will have access to all of the private areas of the Security Council's subforum and Discord channel until the RA removes them from the Council by a two-thirds majority vote.

That being said, TNP hasn't seen a rogue delegate in years and I don't envision Gladio breaking that trend. But it is definitely something to be aware of.

In the event that happens there are means and ways to prevent a rogue Delegate having access to things, it only takes flipping a few switches.

Lord Ravenclaw:
In the event that happens there are means and ways to prevent a rogue Delegate having access to things, it only takes flipping a few switches.
Perhaps, but does the SC have the authorization to flip those switches quickly and decisively without some political mechanism slowing them down?

Answer me these questions three:

What is your quest?

Where is Pidurutalagala?

In your own words, explain what the line of succession means for the NPA in the case of a rogue delegate.

My apologies for the late reply:

What is your quest?

To make TNP great again!

Where is Pidurutalagala?

Sri Lanka

In your own words, explain what the line of succession means for the NPA in the case of a rogue delegate.

In the event that the Delegate goes rogue The NPA will enact the Delegacy Contigency Plan as defined In our Code of Governance. Meaning that The NPA will be Instructed to un-endorse the rogue Delegate and to endorse the (acting-Delegate In that sittuation) the Vice-Delegate.

Some more questions for you, Delegate. o7

How much paperwork do you intend to do? Could we elect a paperwork-doer?

How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

What is the biggest thing you want to accomplish as Councillor?

(I've been asking all government officials I can this question)

Back