Greetings!

Isimud

TNPer
I thought I'd leave off the "and Salutations!," as someone else used it recently. hmph

I've been demoted! Gad, it's only been 3 1/2 years since I last logged in here. I'm insulted.

Anything interesting been going on? Haven't seen any attempted coups recently. It used to be a Thing, but I won't get into the good old days bit.

Role play seems to be much more active now and that's a good thing...even if the RMB kills me sometimes. I just can't seem to get used to all in- and out-of-character stuff anymore.

I only recognize a few names here, so hope to get to know y'all. Some of the Ancient Ones seem to be gone now, as I don't see them in my endorsement list anymore [but Mum is still here! Yay!]. Always sad to see some of the Old Guard go, or anyone for that matter. It seems that some of the New have now become Old. How did that happen I wonder?

See you around! [at least until I go inactive again, not that I've ever been all that active, as evidenced by my post count, but I do read stuff.]

Nice to hear from you Isimud. I agree the RMB can be a bit much if you are looking to have a chat about stuff.

I think some of the ancient ones are still here. GBM, flemingovia, Eluvatar....

Hope you check in again more regularly :)

Good to see that you're still here, mcm, and as active as ever.

I'll be around for awhile, methinks. I go through cycles of in/activity and this has been the longest ever.

I was checking the members list and a lot of people are still here and there were even another couple of returnees. Grosse, though, seems to've been gone as long as I was. Sad.

There were some banishments that I hated to see. Some people are made to be disliked, but they serve a useful function in keeping others united against them, and more active than they might otherwise be. Just some unsought for advice.

Anyway. I'll be hanging around, if not overly vocal.

Welcome back Isimud!

I'm glad to see that you're still around, I remember you back from my first days In the NPA In 2012 :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

A couple people I want to respond to personally:

Syrixia: Man, you talk too loud!

And I absolutely contest that I'm in your domain now and I'll piss on your silk slippers to prove it. You sanguine types are all alike. Always so territorial. I know one of the Van Helsing descendants and he's big on putting your type in your proper place, so watch it.

Gladio! Good to see you, too. And Delegate yet! You've come a long way and should be proud. I'm pleased to see it.
Those days were the only time I was ever in the NPA. I made captain, I think, but that was when Elu (I think it was the Turtle anyway) was handing out officerships just for participating in a few missions. It was pretty funny actually. We ended up with WAY more officers than enlisted. I finally had to give it up though, as I couldn't make updates very often.

I hope to be a little more active than I used to be, but we'll see.

Isimud:
Good to see that you're still here, mcm, and as active as ever.

I'll be around for awhile, methinks. I go through cycles of in/activity and this has been the longest ever.

I was checking the members list and a lot of people are still here and there were even another couple of returnees. Grosse, though, seems to've been gone as long as I was. Sad.

There were some banishments that I hated to see. Some people are made to be disliked, but they serve a useful function in keeping others united against them, and more active than they might otherwise be. Just some unsought for advice.

Anyway. I'll be hanging around, if not overly vocal.
Not quite as active as ever, unfortunately! But thanks nonetheless.

Even I ceased to exist for half a year or so. Sometimes a break is required.

Grosse has departed and now finds his home in the International Democratic Union. He was not banished, but I am unsure if that is what you are referring to.

Nonetheless, glad to hear you're hanging around. Keep in touch.

No, I hadn't meant that I thought Grosse had been banished. I'm glad to hear that he's still around, or at least was. I know he was pretty attached to the IDU. He always kept an active nation there. He was one of the founders, wasn't he?
[Just checked: his nation's still alive and actively engaged in both WA and issues...that's incredible, long as he's been around.]

No, I was thinking more of Cathyy and unibot.

Cathyy, I know, was always trying to be divisive and a rabble rouser, as I recall. Not very effectively.
Didn't she have a partner in crime? Insane Power or Two-Slit, maybe?
I just checked, and found both Cathyy and Fedele were banished well before I left...I know damn well that I've seen her and her partner (not Fedele) somewhere since then. The RMB probably.
Anyway they're a big part of TNP history, if a dark one.

And unibot? What did he do this time? He, too, could be argumentative, divisive, and incredibly stubborn, but I, at least, never considered that as grounds for banishment. He was defender to the death and virtually everything about him, game-wise, revolved around that.

If he got banished, why didn't Pierconium/Gracias Maximus get banished as well? He was (in-character) as evil as they come and was instrumental in the last successful TNP coup (that I remember, anyway), as well as an active member in the rebel force. Kept a low profile, except as an advisor (under yet another nom de plume), but was very, very good at gaining followers. He was also near-brilliant. That alone might've saved him. He was always interesting.
Hmmm...I vaguely recall that maybe that entire group was forgiven and welcomed back with open arms. They had a rather surprising members list. Even Westwind was one, and (if I remember correctly) the Delegate, before the coup ended. Blackshear, too, maybe?

Then there's Govindia. He did have to go, I agree. He tended to be overly creepy towards the girls/women (and was indiscriminate as to age).

The rebels established their own forum. Also, there was the original, pre-2005, TNP forum as well. Both made very interesting reading.
I used to have bookmarks for both, but on a now-defunct computer. The original TNP forum was maintained for many years, but I don't remember who did so. Grosse, maybe. Dunno about the rebel forum.
There used to be links here, and may still be. I haven't checked.

Anyway, sorry about the walk down memory lane, everyone. TNP does have an interesting past, y'know. If you're into that type of thing.

Isimud:
No, I hadn't meant that I thought Grosse had been banished. I'm glad to hear that he's still around, or at least was. I know he was pretty attached to the IDU. He always kept an active nation there. He was one of the founders, wasn't he?
[Just checked: his nation's still alive and actively engaged in both WA and issues...that's incredible, long as he's been around.]

No, I was thinking more of Cathyy and unibot.

Cathyy, I know, was always trying to be divisive and a rabble rouser, as I recall. Not very effectively.
Didn't she have a partner in crime? Insane Power or Two-Slit, maybe?
I just checked, and found both Cathyy and Fedele were banished well before I left...I know damn well that I've seen her and her partner (not Fedele) somewhere since then. The RMB probably.
Anyway they're a big part of TNP history, if a dark one.

And unibot? What did he do this time? He, too, could be argumentative, divisive, and incredibly stubborn, but I, at least, never considered that as grounds for banishment. He was defender to the death and virtually everything about him, game-wise, revolved around that.

If he got banished, why didn't Pierconium/Gracias Maximus get banished as well? He was (in-character) as evil as they come and was instrumental in the last successful TNP coup (that I remember, anyway), as well as an active member in the rebel force. Kept a low profile, except as an advisor (under yet another nom de plume), but was very, very good at gaining followers. He was also near-brilliant. That alone might've saved him. He was always interesting.
Hmmm...I vaguely recall that maybe that entire group was forgiven and welcomed back with open arms. They had a rather surprising members list. Even Westwind was one, and (if I remember correctly) the Delegate, before the coup ended. Blackshear, too, maybe?

Then there's Govindia. He did have to go, I agree. He tended to be overly creepy towards the girls/women (and was indiscriminate as to age).

The rebels established their own forum. Also, there was the original, pre-2005, TNP forum as well. Both made very interesting reading.
I used to have bookmarks for both, but on a now-defunct computer. The original TNP forum was maintained for many years, but I don't remember who did so. Grosse, maybe. Dunno about the rebel forum.
There used to be links here, and may still be. I haven't checked.

Anyway, sorry about the walk down memory lane, everyone. TNP does have an interesting past, y'know. If you're into that type of thing.
Unibot was banned for sexual harassment. So he wasn't driven out for political issues or anything like that.

Cathyy is not banned as far as I know. But Insane Power is banned. Both have appeared on the RMB from time to time. Fedele has also reappeared but he is banned from the North Pacific.

Gracius Maximus is not banished. He is still here. He was very active last year (and the year before) and was elected to the Court and as Attorney General a couple of times. He also, as Pierconium, was the NPO Emperor not too long ago.

Many nations definitely find the history interesting... always lots of questions about it on the RMB and elsewhere.

Thanks for the update.

I knew GM/Pier hadn't been banished. Glad to see he's still active, on/off. He really is an interesting character, in whatever aspect he's wearing at the time.

Cathyy was banned mid-2010.

Back