I’m out, bois

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
I just don't see why I'm here still- I don't do much for this ministry anymore, it is not fun for me, and I do not like or enjoy NS gameplay. I must posit a question- why do we all hold virtual jobs that hold no real meaning and only serve to continue turning a wheel whose turning adds no intrinsic value to our lives, and betrays the concept of NationStates?

Raiding, defending, regional elections, legislatures, and courts; coups and counter-coups; what does it all mean? NationStates is a political simulator, yes- but the way in which the simulation occurs has been corrupted. NS gameplay is not between nations. It is between players. Nations in NS gameplay exist as cosmetic facades, nor does the World Assembly have any actual impact.

This is why I shall retire and solely be involved with TNPRP, and if I involve myself with other regions it will be with their RP. This is both my retirement from NS gameplay and my protest against it; against the system that has betrayed the concept of the game which it exists within. RP, whether it be from Strangereal, Eras, or any other region's RP world, is the closest NS has to actual political simulation.

I, with all these things in mind, hereby resign from the Ministry of Culture.

Atlae:
Thanks for your service.
No problem. I just hope you all understand my message. I don't want this to be your usual "I resign" "Thanks for your service" topic. Because, in reality, did I really serve at all? What value towards life itself, or at the very least the concept of NationStates, do regions and regional governments have?

7j15tXU.jpg

You say that you don’t want this to be a usual resignation thread, but for all intents and purposes, that’s what this is.

So, thank you for your service.

Back