Pros/Cons/Comments/Suggestions for the Lennarts

Yukkira

TNPer
Discord
An Actual Walrus#6526
The Lennart Awards was an ambitious project to say the least. It was an attempt to bring something old back from the grave and despite its stumbling towards the end, should be considered a success.

This thread will serve to reflect on it. What can be done better, what can be done differently next time. Hopefully by this year's end, the Lennarts can be done again with the improvements suggested here.

1. Do nominations in blocks: The process for the Lennarts is entirely too long, and so this suggestion would be to shorten it by running nominations in blocks.
Example: Let's say we have 12 Lennart awards to give out and vote on. Instead of the current process which is to do the nominations and then the vote for a single award, we could run the nominations in blocks, with 3 or 4 of the 12 awards being nominated on first, then run the votes one after the other.

2. Run both forum and main site votes: As a way to reduce to the ability of people to stuff the ballots, you can run a forum side vote where those voting would also have to list or link their TNP nation and if they voted on site as well, then we'd only take one of their votes as counting. To decide an overall winner you could total all the votes.

3. Restrict on-site voting to WA members: Just a way to reduce vote stacking/puppet voting.

4. Better defined awards: Some of the awards had me and others going 'the hell does that even mean'. They could be better defined and better distinguished from each other, to hopefully prevent the same people being nominated/winning over and over.

I agree with point 1 of George's feedback.

I disagree with the others. I don't see why it would be necessary to run both forum and site votes. We should do one or the other. The clear benefit of doing them in-game is to promote what the Government is doing and hopefully to encourage more people to sign up for the forum. It also allowed more RMB regulars to win some of the awards, where otherwise they'd have lost out to forum users.

Point 3 - I don't see why vote stacking or puppet voting is a bad thing. It happened in the King/Queen vote and if it happens in the Lennarts, then that adds to the intrigue of it all. I don't have a problem with it, and I think people can always try to outpile each other. Makes it more interesting.

Point 4 - if people are unhappy with the awards, they should have suggested alternative awards. These were the only ones we had and I was operating on very limited input from the Culture staff. They also each had a description that said what the hell each award even meant. George did participate in it, so I'll accept his criticism, however some of the others who claimed to have not known what each award meant probably didn't even bother to read the dispatch, and they certainly didn't bother to post in the Culture HQ when we were soliciting ideas.

Back