TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Welcome to the Court everyone.

We need to choose a Chief Justice and also have a lot of holdover business that needs to be attended to.

On the subject of who shall be Chief Justice, I do not have a strong view on this and if someone else would want to have a go, I won't put myself forward again; if neither of you want to be Chief Justice, then I would be ok with continuing.

Held over from the old Court we have the two requests for review, one on hold and one that needs THOs (the latter is an interesting one at the moment). We also have the Rules reform proposals and, when they are finished drafting, some more prescribed forms for filing proceedings. I would still like to push the long delayed changes to the rulings page.

On the subject of the requests for review, Scorch and I are on the panel in the first and recused from the second. You (Lore) would seem to be able to be a member of the panel in both. We'll probably need to discuss this to figure out how to proceed now that it has been ordered that the second review be reopened. It seems to me there are a few possibilities, essentially falling into two categories: first, you (Lore) take a place on the panel and appoint whatever number of THOs is necessary (there seems to me to be some odd question around Yalkan in this area); or, second, you recuse and this matter is left to the Delegate and Speaker.

There is a separate thread already extant for the rules proposals and I won't waste space here talking about them; the same is true for the rulings page.

I have no objections to Scorch serving as Chief Justice.

I also had a fair understanding of the situation coming into this term, and as I have no CoI I have no intent to of recusing myself in the current R4R before the court at this time.

In that case, I also support Scorch to be Chief Justice.

With respect to the ongoing r4r (ie, the one thst is not suspended), as I have mentioned there seems to me to be a possible issue with respect to Yalkan, in that the THO panel did not direct whether it was to be reopened before the same panel or whether a new panel was to be instituted. For the most part this would seem not a problem, as Plemby and Abbey have lost citizenship in the intervening time so will have ceased to have any kind of continuing membership of the panel, however, Yalkan has not. It may be, therefore, that Yalkan should be a member of the panel, depending on whether the THO panel's order requires it to be heard by the same panel or not (of course, the BoR requires involvement in government to be voluntary, so the order could not compel any of the panel members to be a THO against their will).

If you are not recusing yourself, then I would think that this is a matter which we (Scorch and I) must leave to you, given we are recused.

Back