-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
As a registered resident of The North Pacific, I would like to request the release of information pursuant to the following excerpt from the Legal Code:

Section 7.5: Freedom of Information Act:
34. At any time a resident may request the release of any private record from the Government through the Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive.
35. The Delegate and the designated officers of the Executive will retrieve information requested from the different departments of the government.

As well, I would base this request on clause 9 of the Bill of Rights:

9. Each Nation in The North Pacific is guaranteed the organization and operation of the governmental authorities of the region on fundamental principles of democracy, accountability, and transparency. No action by the governmental authorities of the region shall deny to any Nation of The North Pacific, due process of law, including prior notice and the opportunity to be heard, nor deny to any Nation of The North Pacific the equal and fair treatment and protection of the provisions of the Constitution. No governmental authority shall have power to adopt or impose an ex post facto law or a bill of attainder as to any act for purposes of criminal proceedings.

I would like to request the release of any and all government records (such as chat logs) pertaining to any WALL decision to oppose Commend Texas and any decision by the Delegate or our WALL representatives to oppose Commend Texas, whether the information is on-site, on the official forum, on discord, or via any other medium. I would like information pertaining to any such WALL or TNP decision including but not limited to any vote count whether formal or informal, who cast what votes, and when it was held.

Thank you for your time.

And thank you Darcania for your previous request I used as a template.

mowa_seal.png

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs acknowledges this Freedom of Information request and will release any applicable information after consultation with the Office of the Attorney General and the Office of the Delegate. I appreciate the applicants patience in this matter and apologize for any delays.

[me]
Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Gladio - 01/26/2018
also, I've Instructed Ghost to vote against Commend Texas
Gladio - 01/26/2018
Our allies In WALL feel strongly against this new resolution
Derkus_Maximus12 - 01/26/2018
Understood, would you like the MoWAA to follow suit with our IFV?(edited)
Gladio - 01/26/2018
Yes
Alright, will do. Only thing left then I guess is for you to announce in the voting thread that the Delegates Office will be voting against Commend Texas and the reason why.
Gladio - 01/26/2018
I'll be doing that close to the update time
Also, since you mentioned the IFV, do you already have one written for It ?
I noticed the one BMWSurfer posted In the WA chat
Well, that was our initial draft since the vote was in favor of voting for. However, we can retool Moronist Decisions IFV from WALL to suit our IFV style.
Gladio - 01/26/2018
Yeah If you could re-write the IFV based on Moronist Decions from WALL that would be great
Alright, I'll get that done. It will be ready to deploy as soon as the vote starts.
Gladio - 01/26/2018
Awesome, thanks :smiley:
Not a problem :smiley:

Moronist Decisions - 01/22/2018
BTW folks, Commend Texas has been resubmitted finally. I believe, based on the previous discussions above regarding this proposal, that we should oppose this as they are against our regions' interests. I believe @OnderKelkia summarized the arguments well there.
I ask @Laradinxea and @Inrolos to correct me if I am missing something.
OnderKelkia - 01/24/2018
I concur with MD above re: opposing Commend Texas.(edited)
January 25, 2018
Scottie - 01/25/2018
I personally oppose the commend but afaik TNP WA voting was in favour.
Laradinxea - 01/25/2018
didn't we expend a lot of our energy repealing their commend a few months ago? lol
Darcness - 01/25/2018
... and people scoff at institutional memory.
Scottie - 01/25/2018
I wasn't actually in wall at that time so idk
ImperiumAnglorum - 01/25/2018
Institutional memory is important!
Moronist Decisions - 01/25/2018
I think a strong clear IFV is key.
I am ridiculously busy IRL today but I will try and find a little time. I would appreciate help on this of course, so if someone else wants to draft one please feel free
Draft IFV for Commend Texas:
Having examined this resolution, we believe that when we consider Texas' specific contribution to the events described in the proposal, the contribution of Texas has been relatively minor compared to those of the other regions that contributed to each of those instances. We also note that the Security Council has only very recently repealed a commendation of this very same region, needlessly revisiting a topic that had just been examined. We also believe that this proposed resolution is poorly written with awkward prose inappropriate for a WA resolution, despite four false starts of the author submitting this followed by retraction.

For these reasons, the President has directed the Delegate to exercise the region's vote against this proposal, and asks all Europeians to join her in voting NAY against this proposed commendation.
(edited)
Of course, per my general policy, comments, suggestions, and plagiarism is always welcome :smiley:
I resisted mentioning that it took five submissions for this person to finally get a proposal right. :wink:(edited)
Deropia - 01/25/2018
Was it really five? I stopped counting after the third time.
Three last round, two this round.
So, five rounds of stamps
Deropia - 01/25/2018
I'd say incompitence is a good enough reason to vote against...five submissions, thats just rediculous.
@Deropia I edited it in ... let me know if it can be worded better please.
Deropia - 01/25/2018
It looks great to me, it's a shame TNPs forum vote is sitting at 87.5% for, so it looks like the Delegate is going to be supporting this one.

Gladio - 01/24/2018
Yes
What do you think about the upcoming vote on Commend Texas ?
From what I've been able to see our allies from WALL are against It
Ghost - 01/24/2018
In general I like to be consistent with previous opinion and we were against it before. I don't believe this resolution actually addressed the concerns we had with it. From a personal perspective, I also don't want to commend them, but the actual substantive reasons are what I would stand by
Gladio - 01/24/2018
Once It goes to vote you have my permission to vote against.
Ghost - 01/24/2018
I'm optimistic that you'll have the in-game delegacy by then(edited)

Back