Haiku Mayhem #1: Let's Get Ready To Rumble!

Atlae

TNPer
You there!

For the first installment of the premier piece "Haiku Mayhem" for The Northern Lights, you will compete against your regionmates to create the best haiku that you can come up with while following the rules that will change each month.

So here's how it works:

You write an entry (made up of haikus) that follows the rules that I or whoever does the next one make. Then we will have a poll on the 24th to decide the "King/Queen of Haikus" for that month, (Note: You will have to specify which one.) which will be prominently displayed at the top of the article in TNL. The runners-up will be displayed below it with less fanfare.

So let's get started!

First off, what is a haiku?

A haiku is a poem which is aligned in a certain way. It has three lines: the first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables, and the third line has 5 syllables. Unless otherwise specified, that is it. The lines do not have to rhyme (unless I tell you to). Punctuation (unless otherwise specified) is completely optional.

Example haiku (MAY NOT BE USED FOR YOUR ENTRY):
Code:
This is a haiku.
This has seven syllables.
Now five syllables.

THIS MONTH (February)'S RULES:
  • Must follow the format above. 5,7,5.
  • Must, in some way or form, contain the word 'February' and have the rest of the haiku be about it. (e.g. Valentine's Day) Note: the haiku does not need to be related to a traditional February event. You can make up anything and, as long as it has to do with the month of February, it is fine.
  • For this edition, each entry must have two haikus with six lines in total. Both your haikus must be about February or a February-related event, but the word 'February' only has to be in one.
  • I reserve the right to deny an entry because it is incoherent, inappropriate, or spam.
  • Let's make it interesting. With the Scrabble word points, 'February' has to have the highest number of points - 16. All the other words have to be 15 or below.
  • One entry at a time, please.
  • No plagiarizing another person's entry without their permission.
  • If I deny your haiku because it does not follow one or more of the rules above, do not edit your haiku to fit the rules, because I will not take a look at it. Re-post it (with modifications), and it will be evaluated again.
  • Bonus: Draggos are cool. This is not required, nor will it help get you the spot, but I'm in the mood for dragons this month.
I look forward to seeing your entries!

February time,
matching rhymes to fit the lines,
haiku skills sublime.

Multi-tasking guy,
I am going to make you cry,
tears of amazement.

Strict Poetic rules
Do make writing a haiku
A little bit hard

But sharp winds outside
Of frigid February