The Bergum Pact

Alycia stood at her table. It was clear to everyone in the room that she was trying to keep a calm face but she was failing and the irritation and anger were showing through.
"This conflict does not take place on Craviter like Article 5 suggests being necessary, however, one of our own has clearly been attacked, their people killed, and Sidorov's government has exhausted all other possible means of recourse. The Imperium used to be a strong and valued friend to Norcie in Auroria, but with Nero's mad ascent to power, that friendship no longer exists. Nero and his vile ilk have made their hatred of Szlavs in general, not just Arcanstotskans quite clear, and some of his speeches have made alluded to taking their hatred and aggression to Craviter directly."

Alycia looked to Sidorov and nodded. "The Imperial Commonwealth of Norcie recognizes the invocation of Article Five, we stand firm and will fight with Arcanstotska. I am of the mind that if Nero is allowed to solidify his illegitimate state, whether we go to him or he comes to us, Nero will bring us war, and he is keen to genocide our collective peoples to realize his grand delusion. I dedicate the HMS Norsitica's task group, the long-range portion of our sub fleet, and whatever expeditionary ground forces we can logistically handle over such a long distance, to this coalition. I recognize Norcie's navy may not be much, especially over such a vast distance but I hope it will have a meaningful impact. Norcie is an air max country, not a naval max. As such, I trust the Norsitica's airwing to sow terror in the hearts of fascists."

Last edited:
Sfan glanced at Alycia and Sidorov in turn, nodding at the latter. Adjusting his spectacles, he glanced at the prepared notes in front of him, flipping over a page briefly. He spoke,

"Comrade Sidorov. The actions of Nero against the people and state of Arcanstotska are unconscionable. Such a flagrant hostile act against member of this pact can only be answered in kind, and the tantrum of an imperialist despot must be stopped before it may do damage that cannot be healed. As Alycia said, Nero does not plan to keep his delusions of grandeur in Auroria. The Stan Yera recognizes the invocation of Article Five."

Flipping another page, he skims it before continuing,

"The Stan Yera is prepared to commit from its armed forces the carrier task force of YDY Ru-Yeśam, several transport vessels, if necessary, and an expeditionary force of one division from the Marine Army, with a larger force on standby should it become necessary to commit further"

Back