Do not Dream of the Future

Norsia

Registered
Discord
Norsia#3647
Janurary 12th 2018

It has only been a few days since the Treaty of Rodier and already the rebuild efforts are hitting roadblocks, disorganization, ministry's having little to no power to act upon, and in some cases conflict of interests between the ministries. Alycia would have to sort this out. To do this she would first focus on the Ministry of labor, to get idle manpower moving again.
Alycia put folders on the table in front of the Labor Minister. the names of the folders read [note]A set of orders expanding the administrative powers of the Ministry of Labor, designed to find work for the unemployed in rebuilding the nation, and to assist finding more permanent positions. It was ordered by Queen Alycia to better organize the rebuild effort.[/note]Emergency Work Administration, and the [note]An initiative founded and funded by the Provisional Government for the sole purpose of healing the environments wounds, such as the Black Fields, and destroyed chemical weapons factories. as well as provide shelter, food water and medicine to all who need it. It exists as an environmental initiative and a humanitarian aid initiative. It was founded by Queen Alycia to better organize the rebuild effort.[/note]Reclamation and Humane Initiative.

after hours of continuous work and back and forth with the Minister of Labor she had finally finished the orders "Do you think this end product is satisfactory?" a tired Alycia asked. "Of course your Grace, with these orders my ministry may just get moving again. I'll act on them immediately, meanwhile you should consider resting." "I don't have time for that.. I'll do that later." She got up and left the room before he could insist.
Alycia kept walking until soon, she found herself at the door of the Prydanian Delegates room and office. she stepped up the door with a tired sigh and gave it a knock.

Sonny Kofoed was finding Irras serene. The riots that had engulfed the city near the end of the war had caused damage, yes, but it was nothing compared to the devastation block to block fighting had visited on Beaconsfield.

He found himself at his desk in his room, folders of documents spewed across it. He had read himself cross-eyed and was relaxing with a drink, his glass mostly empty and consisting of ice and a few drops of Brennivín. He heard the knock, quickly setting the glass aside, and straightening up, grabbing his sports jacket from his chair.

His pleasant demeanour turned serious when he opened the door, and he quickly dipped his head in respect.
"Your Grace" he said politely. "To what do I owe the honour?"

35rpaAX.png

Les Chevaliers Hospitaliers D'Essling

Dear Queen Alycia,

Long-ago established on Archlancer Island now shared by The Lancerian Empire and Archegnum, Les Chevaliers Hospitaliers d'Essling was founded to provide humanitarian aid to the people of the island and those within reach in their times of need. We have dealt with the results of war before, both on our home of Archlancer Island years ago and overseas, as in McMasterdonia after their civil war, and we continue to respond to natural disasters and other emergencies around Meterra and Eras.

It is obvious to us that your nation requires assistance. That your citizens could use a helpful hand in the beginnings of the rebuilding process. We can help provide immediate aid for the well-being of your people. From the distribution of safe drinking water and food to medical treatment, we have plans and strategies in place to respond to the needs of a recovering nation or region. This, we expect, would free more of your resources towards attaining sustainability in the rebuilding of infrastructure and public utility buildings and sooner return your people to prosperity.

Les Chevaliers, however, do not enter an area or nation without being allowed there by a legitimate government if there is one. In this case, we seek that permission from you, so that we can begin helping those in need. If you so chose, you may also provide us with information that may be helpful towards maximizing the impact of our efforts like locations where we are most needed, good set-up camp or buildings we can operate from, as well as where there is likely unexploded ordnance or mines.

Your highness, to help here would be our honour.

All the best in trying times,

Grand-Hospitalier Margaux Leval

Les Chevaliers Hospitalier D'Essling
Fort Anne, Essling, The Lancerian Empire

Dear Queen of Norsia

We have taken note of your current status. It is, however, not unlike us after we emerged from the Great Fascist War of 1935. We were in critical condition. Civilians were left without homes. Entire landscapes left barren after spectacular battles. It is quite obvious that Norsia is left devastated from your war, and in huge need of help.

Therefore we would like to offer you a helping hand. We will provide the funding for your nations repair and help dispose of any rubble left behind. We would only enter with your request, so we would first need for you to agree to the terms.

Sincerely, Hunter Lentia, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Sent on behalf of Jennifer Wofle, Elected Representative of Berkowitzia.

Alycia smiled warmly as the door opened and Kofoed greeted her.

"Good Evening, Mr. Kofoed. I hope I am not interrupting anything, I should have sent word ahead. But would you be willing to discuss the potential of Joining Prydania and Norsia's rail networks? I think both of our nations could benefit greatly."

Meanwhile, the Letter from Les Chevaliers Hospitaliers D'Essling had arrived, and had been placed in Alycias growing inbox as priority. Soon the representative of Berkowitizias letter would also arrive; waiting for Alycia's viewing as well.

"Of course Your Grace" he replied with an agreeable smile.
"I'm ready and willing to discuss such matters anytime and in any place you desire. The Right Honourable Prime Minister is most enthusiastic about the prospect. He also sends his regards."

Message- January 1st 2018:
FIHVQ34.png

TO: Her Grace, Queen Alycia of the Kingdom of Norsia
SUBJECT: Offer of Assistance

Your Grace:

Firstly, on behalf of the Syrixian Empire, I wish you a very happy New Year's. I know, however- as does our government- of the legitimate Norsian government's continued struggle against the Red Laurel insurgent group and its soldiers. As you may or may not know, the Imperial Congress, a few days ago, recently passed the Aid to Troubled States on Craviter Act, in the hopes of further promoting peace and development in the Northeast.

The states in question are Arrandal, with its ongoing crisis in the wake of an attack on its capital, Bravondy; Prydania, recovering from its brutal civil war and dealing with syndicalist holdouts; and Norsia itself, due to your nation's ongoing civil war. Therefore, in the spirit of good will, and in the hopes of forging better relations with Norsia for the future, we have prepared possible shipments, and the Empire stands ready to offer Norsia medical supplies and any other forms of aid which you may require.

I should also note that we have proposed, before the Phoenix Union, the Unionwide Foreign Aid Act, which authorizes the Union to assist Arrandal and encourages its nations to assist Norsia and Prydania. I have not heard of any attempts by Phoenix Union nations to opt out of assisting Norsia or Prydania, so I send my highest hopes that their offers of assistance will soon be with you as well.

Best Regards,
Lalu Prasad Bourdillon
Ambassador of the Syrixian Empire to the Kingdom of Norsia

Alycia's eyes light up slightly. "He's a good man, And I hope he is in good health, the King as well.." Alycia paused before she went back on topic. "Is there a chance we could discuss the rails now? I do not know when I will next have a chance, it shouldn't take too long at all. as far as I am aware Prydania and Norsia's railways have always been quite compatible."

Major Baschets convoy rolled down the streets of Rodier, stopping just short of the city capital the soldiers and baschet dismounted their vehicles in long coats guns in hand as they set a safe perimeter. as aid workers unlatched the doors on the backs of their trucks to hand out water and food, as well as coats hats gloves and scarfs. to the quickly gathering horde.

Baschets soldiers kept the civilians at bay as the supplies start to be handed out the crowd is eager but the perimeter shall hold.

Kofoed nodded and stepped aside, "of course Your Grace" he said, allowing Alycia clear access to his quarters.
"His Majesty simply wished for me to give you this..." he said as he made his way over to his briefcase, producing a sealed letter.
"I wish I could say what it contains, but His Majesty would only say it wouldn't interfere with my work..."
He'd heard rumours of Tobias' fondness for the Norsian Queen, but he was smart enough to stay out of business that wasn't his. Especially when so much tangible gain was on the line.

"Regardless" he said with a smile as he sat on one side of the desk in his quarters as he looked through his papers...
"Our own conflict put a considerable toll on our railway networks" he said. "The Prime Minister wanted me to coordinate with your own government on the matter. To see if you would be interested in a joint reconstruction. Pooled costs and efforts to build both of our systems back up along the same standard. One that would make it possible to connect to existing Craviter systems if necessary..."

Alycia,

I hope things are well back in Norsia. I have reports from my General in northern Central Nors that the peace is being kept, though it remains tense. I can only offer what little experience I have in this situation. War drives the worst of us, and peace does not always calm the soul. Please be patient with all of your countrymen and women. Some will remain angry. They will come to love you if you lead by example.
May your vision and kindness see Norsia through.

Sincerely,
Tobias

Alycia walked into the room, and took the letter as Kofoed handed it to her, she opened it and quickly read it while she had the chance. Alycia looked up from the letter with a continued smile after a minute as she folded the letter back up and put it in its envelope to read more closely later.

"A joint reconstruction sounds like a great idea, all that manpower and resources going into bringing it up to the same standard will take heavy amounts of strain off of both of our nations logistics, so long as we can get the trains going."

She paused for a moment thinking to herself crossing her arms, "And it'd help nurture a kinship between my people and yours, which can only be a good thing for the future knowing we can count on each other as neighbors."

Later in the night after talking to Kofoed Alycia would sit back in her office chair, and start going through the letters she had received over the course of the last few days. first up, The Syrixians, she rubbed the sleep and agitation from her eyes as she read it then re read it. Soon with a deep sigh she picked up the pen and started to write the reply..

TO: Mr. Lalu Prasad Bourdillion.
SUBJECT: Re: Offer of Assistance

Norsia would gladly accept the aid in better circumstances, however the means in which Syrixia has gone about enacting foreign policies, is frankly détestable. We know Arrandal is a Phoenix Union member state. If you are willing to let an allied state burn without any official aid or help for as long as it has, I cannot see the aid Syrixia or the rest of the union sends as legitimate aid to the Norsian states; but as an attempt to put Norsia in a state of dependency or a sphere of influence.

We are in a similar state to Arrandal but I believe Arrandal needs the aid more than Norsia does. If you are willing to walk into Norsia then you are more than willing to have walked into Arrandal long ago.

In short, No. Norsia will not accept the shallow aid of Syrixia while a valued Phoenix Union member burns. Look to your own internal affairs before meddling in the external.

Good day!

- Queen Alycia I Severyn
High Queen of the United Kingdom of Norsia

Kofoed kept his gaze averted as Alycia read the letter. He knew enough to know what was his business and what wasn't.

He then nodded at the Queen.
"It will, yes. The Prime Minister is very keen on this, as am I" he said with a smile.
"We have a chance to write a new chapter for both of our nations. Prydania and Norsia, finally working together...for a worthy cause this time" he added, remember the Fascist Wars.

"Regardless, we owe it to our dead to make the most out of this chance at a renewed hope for the future."

"Prydania and Norsia should have always worked together. Shortsightedness and the unyielding control of my family saw that it never did, only in the War did that change and it was not for the right reasons."
"I do not intend to let either of our civil wars be pointless wastes of life. The Wars happened for reasons now it is up to us and the people behind us to fix those problems; whatever the cost may be."

Alycia smiled again seeming to almost immediately get off of the dour tone she had. "Whatever the matter, a standardized rail system built with pooled resources sounds like it will work, I'll let my proper ministries know and they can get in touch with your people if that is satisfactory."

Kofoed nodded "if only the blame were so one-sided. Many a Prydanian king refused to let the transgressions of the past go" he mused.
"Regardless, the Prime Minister wished for me to convey the government's suggested route."

He produced a map of Prydania and Norsia, with the track laid out. Irras and Beaconsfieled served as duel central routes, with a winding reverse "c" shape connecting Keris with Freseau, hitting every major economic centre between the two, as the proposed track snaked around Kings' Lake.

"Further, the Prime Minister wished for me ask about a rather ambitious project. Fishermen and merchants on both sides of Kings' Lake have often traded with each other. It's not uncommon to see signs in Ceretian Nors on the northern shore, or Prydanian on the southern shore. The Prime Minister wished to know if your government would be interested in an underground railway from Alaterva to Renou. It would go under Kings' Lake, and allow for easier personal and commercial travel from one side to the other. Without having to wait for a ferry, find a fisherman willing to take you across, or travel around the lake."

Kofoed moved his finger from Alaterva, the town where Alycia had come to Prydania in the first place, to Renou, where the Royal Prydanian Army was still stationed on the southern shore of the lake.
"Not to mention the economic influx into Renou would help with its recovery."

Alycia nodded in silence as she deconstructed the map with her eyes before she frowned slightly. "I like these routes, they are as direct as possible but the Norsian terrain still proves a problem. to build these routes we would need to flatten or dig tunnels into many steep hills. which in of itself is not much of an issue, but a few are occupied by privately owned farmland, we would either need permission to use the land.. Or seize it. With enough incentive we could get the farmers to relocate the plot maybe. Everyone can win if they are willing to talk." Alycia paused a moment.

"We could also adjust the routes to go around the trouble spots which wouldn't be too bad. and the underwater route to and from Altavera to Renou I like it, Renou has always been unappreciated and not afforded much opportunity to grow or be prosperous a new an quicker avenue for trade and transit would greatly assist both towns." Alycia smiled bright again

"All in all this looks acceptable and I am willing to put it into action."

Alycia after she got done with the letter to the Syrixians turned to the others in her inbox there were only two left that she could be bothered with and she would reply to both of them here and now and no later.

Dear Grand-Hospitalier Margaux,

Norsia gladly accepts the aid of you and your organization in rebuilding our homes. our central Region got hit the hardest as that is where most of the fighting concentrated. the areas around the trenches undoubtedly have a lot of unexploded ordnance, making what we call the 'black Fields' unofficial minefields, there are six of these fields in total, we haven't had the resources to make expeditions into these areas to disarm the live ordnance or reclaim our 'forgotten' dead in these areas. But with your assistance we can.

As for a place to set up base, I would recommend the city of Rodier and Plaiseau; I would recommend Everlene but being the previous enemy stronghold it is still unstable and dangerous. These cities are good veins into the most affected regions.

If you or your organization need anything else do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerly,

- Queen Alycia I Severyn

Dear Minister Lentia,

Norsia would gladly accept the aid of our neighbor in these trying times, any help that your nation could provide would be a great help.
If Berkowitzia needs anything further to make assisting please let me know.

Sincerly,

- Queen Alycia I Severyn

January 15th:
To the administration of Queen Alycia of the Kingdom of Norsia

We've been aware of your plight for quite some time, and the Thenacan people are now prepared to stand with a friend of a friend in rebuilding hope.

We are ready to render assistance in the form of the Peace Helper Company of our special forces. These compassionate men and women are devoted to relieving the suffering of people around the world through their combined medical and engineering expertise, with no limit to how far they will go to heal a devastated community. They are also very recent veterans of the Prydanian civil-war, having greatly contributed to the recovery and prosperity of the people there.

With your acceptance of this aid mission, consisting of 14 military cargo planes, 28 cargo trucks, many tonnes of aid supplies, and more than 100 skilled personnel under the command of Major Rebeca Williams, we will promptly activate this mission under no obligated reward or deal from your rightful governance.

If you have any other requests, we will try our best to accommodate them.

We hope we can work together to help your people recover and prosper again.

Signed:
Albert Langley, Minster of Foreign Affairs for the Commonwealth of Thenaca.

Kofoed nodded.
"The routes on our side run into similar issues, but we're willing to work with local communities. I want to convey to you to the Prime Minister's commitment to make this done in a way that works, and a way that will stand the test of time."

He collected his papers and maps.
"The Prime Minister would also like me to inform you he's beginning the process of naval re-armament. Your Grace should feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns."

Alycia bowed her head "I have no doubt this will work. Say what you will about us Norsians; but when the time to work comes we work and don't mess around, and we meet deadlines."

Alycia listened to his words as she nodded once again and even laughed a tiny bit.
"I have no issue or question about you rearming yourselves. In fact, I have every intention to forge Norsia's own navy. something we've never even considered.. But- the times demand it. just like it demands that the RNA, now the NSDF expand its ranks and skills considerably. The discipline and resolve of the soldiers of the old regime, the skills, equipment hope and liberty of the new."

Sometime later.. she has finished yet another letter handing it off to a courier, before her head almost limply falls into her now crossed arms. Colart standing next to the desk cleared his throat softly for a moment, with a look of deep concern on his face. "Alycia, forgive my insolence, but for your health, I strongly advise you get some rest." Colart pauses for a second before resting a hand on her chair "Had I not seen you so eager this morning, I'd have thought you lost the meaning of joy.. and it appears its starting to nip at your bones too.. Keep this up and I'll end up having to call the doctor."

Colart manages to get her to shift and groan "Fine, I'll rest.. But who is there to do all of this?" she got up out of her chair slowly, already shuffling towards the bed. Colart following her up until he's next to the door and she passes the thick bed curtains.

"We are a provisional Government your Grace, until such time as the elections occur, we could just appoint a Prime minister; your second hand and head of government to divide the work. The election candidates are decent first looks."

Alycia closed the curtains and shortly after a soft thud could be heard. "Fine, I'll check them out tomorrow.. dismissed, and goodnight."

"Goodnight Your Grace, sleep well." as Colart walked out of the room and closed the doors behind him softly.

Dear Minister Langley,

I Queen Alycia of the United Norsian Kingdoms on behalf of the Norsian people welcome your people and their assistance with open arms! Any friend of the Prydanians is going to be a friend of Norsia,
I have heard of the deeds Major Williams and her command has achieved in Prydania and would be honored to have them.

Major Williams and her command will be working closely with Major Baschet one of our finest. He knows the regions he knows the people and he's fought hard for both Plaiseau and Rodier in the past, he's a hero of the new republic and a hero of the troops and people. Major Baschet so far has been running operations in Rodier, delivering clothes food and water to the people there. But he's stretched thin, with having to keep the peace, hand out humanitarian aid and his various other duties. It would help him and the effort immensely if he could get some strain taken off.

Have you any questions or requests of me please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerly,

- Queen Alycia I Severyn

35rpaAX.png

Les Chevaliers Hospitaliers D'Essling

Dear Queen Alycia,

It is an honour to speak with you. I am Chevalier-Officier Augustin Bonnard, and the Grand-Hospitalier has appointed me to lead Les Chevaliers efforts in Norsia.

Anticipating your consent, we have already begun to mobilize a section of our resources and manpower that will soon be deployed to your nation. Myself and a team of preliminary staff will be leaving after I send this email to begin work on setting up two bases of operation, one in Rodier and one in Plaiseau. We will do everything in our power to provide food, water, and healthcare aid to your citizens. In addition, a third team of mine-clearing personnel will also be deployed to being work on the minefields in your central region.

I humbly ask that you forward the attached to whomever is leading aid efforts in Rodier and Plaiseau such that I can begin to directly coordinate our efforts and maximize our effectiveness and relieve as much of the burden as we can.

I also wish you the best of luck. It is no secret that war is terrible, but too many believe that when peace finally returns it is as simple as picking up where one left off. It is too often instead the beginning of a long and arduous process to answer the needs of a people who find themselves in situations only slightly less desperate than that of the war they just experienced. The work of the soldier has passed, but the work of the rebuilder such as you and I has just begun and tasks will remain for a long while yet. We will be forced to realize that it is all too likely there will be too little for too many. That still more will suffer, long after the last bullet has flown. In spite of this, we have the resolve to dedicate ourselves to checking need after need off the list, slowly but surely. To lift people back into safety and opportunity. And there is no doubt in my mind that in that goal we will succeed.

Sincerely yours,

Chevalier-Officier Augustin Bonnard

To whom it may concern,

I am Chevalier-Officier Augustin Bonnard of Les Chevaliers Hospitalier D'Essling. I have been appointed to lead Les Chevaliers efforts in Norsia. Queen Alycia has agreed to our help and we are eager to assist your people.

Our current information has called for plans to establish a base of operations in the cities of Rodier and Plaiseau. I have therefore requested that the Queen forward this message to you such that I can begin direct communication and coordination to maximize aid efforts.

To deploy and use our services most effectively, allowing us the use of one currently unoccupied building in each city such as high school, warehouse, or if possible a hospital or urgent care center would be ideal. Alternatively we do have the capability to set-up a tent-based camp in a large park or clearing if more solid accomodations aren't readily available. Soon after composing this message, myself and a team of preliminary staff will be leaving the Lancerian Empire to begin setting up these locations.

I look forward to meeting you sometime after arrival and working together to better these difficult times.

Sincerely,

Chevalier-Officier Augustin Bonnard

Les Chevaliers Hospitalier D'Essling
Fort Anne, Essling, The Lancerian Empire

QRcU2nOm.png

My Lord...

My Lord, where are you going? I go where I must to serve and protect those whom I love.

My Lord, they are not expecting you. Then they will, soon enough.

My Lord, do you not worry for your safety? No, I worry for her safety.

Who's safety my Lord? That of the ruler of Yukkira.

The Empress' my Lord? No; my Mother's safety is not my concern.

Then who, if not your Mother, my Lord? You call her the Crown Princess. But to me...

She already has taken control of the Throne. All she need do, is claim it for herself.

The Scion of Yuki,
forever praise her name.
The rightful,
inheritor,
to a lineage most noble and bold.
Oh righteous illumination,
splendid glory,
white gold,
I am but a humble shadow
charged to watch as you go.
To understand that
which cannot be known.
In the dawn of your age,
I am your ode to the unknown.
A lantern white-washed in your light.
A specter there
and not there.
I am your shield
and your footsteps
I am the Protector of the House,
Guardian to the Throne,
And older brother...
I am
Arima Yuki.
Firstborn child
to her righteous majesty.
Your sword,
your shield,
your sash across your breast.
Rightfully,
your birthright.

"Lord Arima," says the receptionist, "Alycia will see you now." Prince Arima opens his eyes and unfolds his legs. How might I serve her today, I wonder. Getting up, he is followed by his personal attendant, Lord-Overseer Miira Abunai, who quickly whispers something into her phone which doubles as a pager. A few guards, bearing gifts will soon arrive. Although not specifically brought for Alycia, the gifts had been loaded on the jet in case they were needed. Such was the nature, of the man she served. My Lord only knows what is best, she musses to herself.

Such was the Will of the Throne of Yukkira.

11 February 2018

A letter from the Emperor of Mintoria was sent to Queen Alycia, saying that Norsia will get more help from Mintoria in the reconstruction effort.

A LETTER FROM HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY THE EMPEROR OF MINTORIA

To Her Majesty the Queen of Norsia,

We had heard that the civil war in Norsia had ended with the treaty, and that it is currently beginning the reconstruction process. In the latter days of the war, my nation had gotten involved in the war in a support role, as we sent only advisers to help the Royalist forces fight back against the Red Laurel Army. Even with the war over, there is still more to be done about the reconstruction effort. To ensure this, the advisers already there will continue to help your military in carrying out modernized tactics in defence of your nation. In addition to this, we will also send engineers to your nation to help with the reconstruction effort. I believe that this will help with the reconstruction process, and to help your nation rise from the ashes. In addition, we would like to have talks with you, and discuss building relations between the two of us. I hope that we will be able to assist you, and that this becomes the start of a new friendship. Thank you for reading this, and may God be with you.

Sincerely,

His Imperial Majesty Matthew VIII
Emperor of Mintoria

Last edited:
Major Baschet read through the communique from the Queen with a quick to fade smirk as he sipped on his coffee. The MOBCP wasn't the warmest but it prevented freezing at least, and for the time being it was was the only way to communicate. he took another sip of his coffee before he started to type a response directly to the Chevalier.

"Sir or Madam,

in Rodier you can occupy the hospital, it was left mostly intact save for its emergency wing its a safe area for your people to base as not too far we have managed to set up base in a pair of walled in warehouses. should you wish to take this place I can divert some resources into quickly fortifying it; nothing too major simple safeties. As this city was where the peace was signed and it did not see the comeback of the frontlines the city is in better general shape. and it stands as the HQ for my regional garrison, should you wish to speak to me you can find me here.

in Plaiseau however, a hospital is not available as in the fighting we wiped it off the cities map, not many other buildings are really suitable for an operation of your kind. However just on the edge of town is one of our bases. close enough that it should be suitable. we can clear out and give it to you should you wish. As a fully mechanized/motorized battle group we can simply just relocate our vehicles, supplies and personnel, and leave you the necessities and dirtwalls we have set up.
Should this not be satisfactory I can divert some of my recon elements to search for suitable locations for your people.

High Regards,

Major Baschet Arno,

Major of the 1st Sentinel battalion
Central Garrison, Norsian Self Defense Force

the Guardsmen at the doors pushed them open still standing at attention as they bowed their heads to the Queens Yukkiran visitors. a blue carpet went from the door all the way to the throne down the long hall. Banners of the Norsian Severyn Coat of arms, and the Norsian national flag hang from the ceiling in front of every structural pillar up to the throne. and under each banner is yet another armed guardsmen. ten in total. Alycia stood in front of the throne, an ornate sword at her hip. her light silver military dress, gold lace and a ribbon or two adorning her outfit all signifying her status. to her right side stood Abel Caillat in a standard black grey suit, wearing the pin of the Prime Minister. Colart stood to her left side, wearing his light silver officers dress, standing vigilant hand on his sword dutifully. other resting on his gun, keeping it pushed to his side on the sling. his eyes locking to Alycia's visitors.

Abel Caillat took a step forward and called out for the hall. "Her Grace, Alycia I of House Severyn, By the Grace of God, High Queen of the United Kingdom of Norsia, Queen of Eastern Nors, Queen of Central Nors, Queen of Western Nors, Lady Marshal of Irras, and the Uniter of the Norsian Realms; welcomes you to her grand hall."

To His Imperial Majesty Matthew VIII,

The advisors from Cimmeria have already proved themselves to be invaluable to the NSDF; whose already starting to rewrite its doctrine to something more in line with reality of modern warfare. It'll take a few years still but I hold hope we'll be able to properly defend ourselves against a modern enemy in the coming years.

In terms of the engineers, we would happily accept their assistance in restoring Norsia, the more help the better.

I would like to pursue relations with Cimmeria and many others, however meeting face to face is a bit tricky as I have no reliable means of travel I would trust and I cannot guarantee the safety of visitors at this time, even in Irras.
Should circumstances change I would let you know with haste. But I would rather my visitors visit in comfort.

Sincerly,

- Queen Alycia I Severyn

To Alycia Rochette,

Greetings!

We have heard that you require assistance rebuilding your nation. Because of this, We shall help subsidize the rebuilding of your industrial centers. And if you need any more help rebuilding, don't hesitate to ask. We would gladly help you.

From, The King of Ruskaland,
Ruskatin I

Zyvun:
the Guardsmen at the doors pushed them open still standing at attention as they bowed their heads to the Queens Yukkiran visitors. a blue carpet went from the door all the way to the throne down the long hall. Banners of the Rochette Coat of arms, and the Norsian national flag hang from the ceiling in front of every structural pillar up to the throne. and under each banner is yet another armed guardsmen. ten in total. Alycia stood in front of the throne, an ornate sword at her hip. her light silver military dress, gold lace and a ribbon or two adorning her outfit all signifying her status. to her right side stood Abel Caillat in a standard black grey suit, wearing the pin of the Prime Minister. Colart stood to her left side, wearing his light silver officers dress, standing vigilant hand on his sword dutifully. other resting on his gun, keeping it pushed to his side on the sling. his eyes locking to Alycia's visitors.

Abel Caillat took a step forward and called out for the hall. "Her Grace, Alycia I of House Rochette, By the Grace of God, High Queen of the United Kingdom of Norsia, Queen of Eastern Nors, Queen of Central Nors, Queen of Western Nors, Lady Marshal of Irras, and the Uniter of the Norsian Realms; welcomes you to her grand hall."
"All hail to her most Glorious Majesty, By the Grace of the Lord God himself, the High Queen of the most resolute United Kingdom of Norsia, of the East, the West, and the Central Nors! Lady Marshal of Irras, and Great Leader of the Norsian Realms, unworthy am I, a humble prince from a foreign land, to come unannounced to your halls!" Arima bows low, with Miira doing the same. However, such gestures were a simple formality to be observed; Arima was under no delusion as to his place. Standing upright and walking up to within fifteen paces from the steps of the throne, Arima begins,

"I am Yuki Arima. Crown Prince to the Throne of the Most Glorious Principality of Yukkira. Scion to the Ruling House of Yuki. Guardian of the Heir Apparent, Crown Princess Yuki Veronica. High Minister of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Supreme Lord-Commander to the Imperial Yukkirian Guard Special Forces. Baron of the Capital of Seta of the Most Noble Kingdom of Mei. And acting Senior Director to the Division of Imperial Security Endeavors for Macro-Engineering Incorporated. I am my Mother's right-hand; the Will of Yukkira manifest."

Taking a deep breath, he looks at Alycia straight in the eyes, and says, "I come bearing gifts. However, if I may, one does not simply partake in the first of my gifts standing up..." Arima lets that statement hang in the room for the moment. Alycia seems almost piqued by this; Abel also raises an eyebrow before clearing his throat, and saying, "Respectfully Crown Prince, but are you implying that we erm... sit on the floor?" And at that moment, the doors at the end of the hall open to reveal a line of servants, each with a small oriental table with covered dishes and steaming cups.

"Unfortunately Prime Minister, the legs on these tables will not reach the floor should I have brought chairs in for all of us."

A strange sight indeed; should anyone have been privy to watch the meeting. Norsians sitting on the floor, partaking in tea and dumplings with exception to Alycia whose table was large enough to span the gap between the arms of her chair; the legs of the table anchoring the table in place upon her throne. Even the guards were privy to such weird circumstance; each drinking their fill of tea and eating dumplings to their hearts content. A good many baskets of dumplings were prepared in addition to several pots of caramel-chocolate flavored tea.

"I hope you didn't fatten us up just to slaughter us later," says Alycia very dryly. A couple guards stopped eating momentarily as Arima chuckles noticeably. Miira, although calm, was quite worried. None of the Retainers in the room were armed; neither was she.

"Respectfully Queen Alycia, but I wouldn't be offering you my favorite tea if that were the case," Prince Arima says. "What I am interested in however," Arima starts, "is your prosperity."

"Now that's a riddle if I ever heard one," comments Colart, "why would the Regency of Yukkira make Norsia's prosperity its business?"

"It's simple Sir Colart," Arima replies, "in Yukkira, we have a simple poem that describes the natures of the three Ruling Houses, 'If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it. If the cuckoo does not sing, coax it. If the cuckoo does not sing, wait for it.' As the Guardian to the Heir Apparent, it is my duty to ensure that her vision begins to come together, in order to begin to bring about the coming of her own age."

"If it is not apparent by now, the approach my sister believes is appropriate for Yukkira, is that of collective prosperity. And what better country to begin to pursue that agenda, than that of the most humble Kingdom of Norsia?"

"Do not belittle us Prince Arima," says Queen Alycia sternly, "The Kingdom of Norsia got along fine without you before. And it will do so thereafter we are finished." Abel nods his head in approval.

Arima bows while still sitting, "My most sincere apologies. However, yes, it is true, that Norsia would get along fine thereafter I am gone, I'd like to be more than sure that Norsia will be fine. I'd like to ensure that it is prepared with the proper tools needed to do so; namely, money, guns, equipment, and most importantly... nuclear deterrence."

"What are you offering Prince Arima?" perks up Colart while putting down his fifth cup of tea.

"To provide Norsia with equipment forged in the fires that is the continent of Iteria. To provide Norsia with more than just weapons, but an end, to a means, to induce economic growth through the introduction of foreign visitors. And to stand, shoulder-to-shoulder with the ally of the ally of my friend." Arima stands; leaving Miira somewhat bewildered, having been caught unaware mid-bite by Arima's change of posture.

"With the power vested in me as the Crown Prince of Yukkira, I wish to extend a hand of friendship to the Monarchy of Norsia, in one of the few ways I think Norsia is appreciative thereof," Arima says while bowing slightly, "through a show of force of arms. Would you humble me Queen Alycia, and join me outback with your attendants? My men have taken the liberty of setting up a demonstration in your backyard."

Alycia with a short contented sigh rose to a stand from her throne adjusting her outfit. in short order Colart, Abel and her guards rose too.

"Very well, Prince Arima, we will see your force. I have hope my gardens that you have so appropriated are unharmed." Alycia said with a somewhat serious smirk

"Unsafe from my wroth should her Grace's lilies have been crushed." Colart smiled slightly, in a lighthearted manner which got Alycia to chuckle a bit.

Alycia moved towards the backyard of the palace, Colart and Abel catching up to her shoulders as her guards walked behind them in formation into the open halls.

My King Ruskatin I of Ruskaland,

I humbly accept your aid if you have any to give my people, I will not try to dissuade you of such a generous action, but I would request that you use such supplies to make your nation stronger instead of worrying about others not of your kin. if you choose to do so I will remember the gesture all the same.

Nations like ours are bound in the bitter blood and ashes of war, it forms an unseen bond few are aware of, only those who have suffered it can see it.

Meeting in person is a bit hard at this time, as I cannot guarantee the safety of my guests yet, and nor do I have reliable transport out of my state to visit abroad often.
I will see what I can do and get back to you soon.

Sincerly,

Alycia I, The Queen of Norsia

On the way to the backyard a motorcycle courier appeared in the hall in the front in a hurry in front of the group. he gave a quick salute as Alycia and Colart stopped.

"Corporal, this had better be good, you are impeding Formal delegation." Colart stated dryly with a stern stare.

"I do sir, A Malorian air transport is touching down in the Edenne airforce base." the courier replied quickly.

"I see, have the prisoner prepared quickly, and the convoy pulled to the front." Colart turned to Alycia and the rest of the group.

"I am sorry for my sudden departure, but I have pressing matters to attend to."

Colart gave a salute and walked off with purpose back towards the front of the palace, two of the twelve guards breaking off to join him.

The transport flew over the clouds in the Stratosphere as Marten looked out of the pilot’s window. He looked out over the endless ocean of clouds that went on for as long as the naked eye could see. Despite serving in the Imperial Army the sky and clouds had always been one of his favorite things to see. As a child he could’ve spent hours upon hours looking up at them watching them go by without a care in the world of the events going on around him. Even during the Iterian War when he was taken captive and repeatedly tortured by the Kazirstani he could always find peace in the sky above.

However he wasn’t on that transport to look at the clouds despite how much he would’ve liked that. He was there to rescue the former Queen of Norsia and to bring her back to the Severyn homeland where she would be looked after by her family there. There was one more reason he was chosen for this trip though and that was for the level of secrecy this required. Along with the Imperial Prince this plane carried 12 tactical nuclear warheads that would be supplied to the Norsian Government in case they ever found themselves in the worst of situations that would require them to use such destructive weapons.

The pilot informed Marten that they would be landing in 5 minutes so he took to his seat behind the captain’s as the plane descended through the clouds with its wheels coming out of the bottom. It went down further and further until it met the runway and shook the passengers located inside of it a little. However it soon came to a stop as the prince made his way down to the cargo section of it where the precious and albeit destructive merchandise were located.

Marten walked to the door of it as it slowly dropped down in front of him letting the chilly winter air rush into the plane. It didn’t bother him that much as he was dressed in his navy blue officer’s uniform covered by an also navy blue wool cloak with a black velvet collar and a barrel loop to keep it open or closed if he wished. His black boots clicked as he walked down the door to the snowy ground accompanied by the Aureum Solis dressed in their Winter attire as they waited for their Norsian hosts to greet them.

four black unmarked cars rolled down the airfield and came to a coordinated and quick stop in front of the Malorian plane. Colart came from the middle vehicle with a welcoming smile as the others spread around the perimeter.

"Welcome to Norsia, such as it is." Colart said as he moved to the passenger rear door and opened it, revealing a rather well kept Elli given her status, Elli got out of the backseat revealing the chains on her hands as
she squinted her eyes from the change of color and brightness with a slight lethargic groan as Colart guided her towards the Malorians.

"If your men would like to take her on-board and remove the safety binds, I believe you might want to discuss other matters since we are here? I am the extension of Her Grace's will while we are here."

A pair of binoculars peered on the meeting from the nearby hill

"That's him? That's Colart? Older than I expected looks like he could be her father, given the Royals I would not be surprised." As the woman in Tigerstripe behind the binoculars lowered them to check the picture real quick and then went back to watching.

"Specialist Alard, the report today; please. What do you see?" An agitated man called out.

"Three WG's plus Colart, Colart confirmed. everything else is blocked by the damn plane, Don't know whats going on down there, but fifty says he takes the different route than the one he came in on." Alard said with a smile as she zooms in her binoculars.

"Counting on it. but we got his first route covered too. these damn royals, too comfortable in their own territory. letting an HVT like Colart run around with such a minimal security detail.." the agitated voice said again as the noise of a radio chiming could be heard.

"Serenity, I say again; Serenity. We are go." he got off the radio and walked off down the hill.
Alard soon followed.

On the runway of the Fort Talmain airbase, January 18th, 2018, 6:18AM

"You're cleared to fly, Mama Bird-01 and flock. Proceed to take-off. Good luck up there, over."

"Roger, Base Flight Control. Proceeding to take-off, over-and-out." The pilot of the command plane - codenamed Mama Bird-01, replied. It was the first of 14 TCP-10s headed to deploy aid to Norsia.

The aid mission would take the same route they did for Prydania, since the Norsians are their next-door neighbors. The crew of 145 were in high-spirits, still proud of their newfound international fame from their previous mission in Prydania.

Even Rebeca was still reeling from all the praise and applause. She had virtually become a household name just a little over two weeks ago...

Captain Williams had just landed back in Fort Talmain with the rest of the Company, with their mission in Prydania having been marked as completed and were now ordered back home to prepare to help the wartorn Norsians.

As the loading door opened up, Rebeca was taken aback by a waiting party made up of several high-ranking officers, the Minister of Defense, and the Prime Minister himself.

Rebeca hastily put up a salute at attention, "Aten-HUT, Company!" She ordered the others on the plane, who quickly followed suit.

"At ease, Major Williams. There's no cameras, yet." PM David Drake jokingly began, raising his hand up in greeting and chuckling. "I trust you and your company had a pleasant return trip? Because we'll have much to discuss in the coming days. And a little to discuss right now, if you don't mind?"

Still surprised by the unexpected visit, Rebeca still stood at attention. "I wasn't told to expect a high-profile visit, sir. Is it-" Then she realized something, making her even more surprised, and somewhat confused. "What did you call me, sir?"

"It's a surprise." David then cleared his throat. "Due to you and your company's meritorious service during the aid mission to the Prydanian people, codenamed Operation Northern Christmas; as of 0746 hours this morning, the Peace Helper Company has been awarded several individual and unit honors. And its Captain-Commander - to be promoted to Major. Congratulations, you all made us proud out there!" He finished, pumping his fist in the air in exclamation, and smiling proudly at Rebeca and her troops.

The MoD and the officers beside him began applauding the surprise-struck commander, as did the troops behind her who added their own shouts and woos of celebration.

Just entering the airspace of the Kingdom of Norsia, January 18th, 2018, 7:31PM

As the pilot of Mama Bird-01 attempted to make contact with the airport they were supposed to land at, Rebeca reflected on what David told her during their short meeting after the awards ceremony...

"Remember, you're now the face of the Thenacan people to those in troubled and dark times in this world. Everything you do will reflect on us as a whole, and should reflect the values that we want to show that same world. Alright? No pressure, but just try to keep that in mind during your next mission."

Rebeca kept this advice in the back of her mind as she focused on the present, for the mission would begin shortly. The 14 TCP-10s, flying in a V formation and carrying two TCT-4 cargo trucks and half a Peace Helper platoon each, would soon land and virtually hit the ground running to give the compassion and hope a wartorn people needs.

"Expanding Aid"
Darrow, Prydania
14 February 2018

"Sir", said a soldier who was reporting to Lieutenant-General Michael Rabinger, the commander of the Imperial Corps of Engineers stationed in Darrow. "What is it?", responded Rabinger. "A message has been sent for you", said he. "It's from Dinsmark sir." He gives him the letter. "Thank you", said he, before the soldier nods and leaves. "Dinsmark you say?", he was thinking, as he was surprised to get an message from the capital, as it denotes something important. He was thinking that their humanitarian operations in Prydania will come to an end, and that they may be pulled out from Darrow. He decides to open the letter, and read it. What was read is very clear. He summons his adjutant, Major-General Julian Kipping. Kipping was the chief of operations for the relief effort, and was directing what went on. When he came in, he says to him, "You wanted to see me?" "Yes. I want you relay this to your suboardinates, and tell them to carry them out", said he before giving Kipping the order. He reads it, then says, "It'll be done at once, sir", before leaving.

ORDERS FROM IMPERIAL MILITARY COMMAND

To Lieutenant-General Rabinger, Commander of the Imperial Corp of Engineers,

Currently there is a relief effort taking place in the neighbouring country of Norsia in light of the civil conflict that ended with the treaty circa two months ago. In response to this, the humanitarian operation will now expand to cover both Prydania and Norsia. You are to assist in this effort by sending a few of your engineers to Norsia. They are to remain there until further notice.

Signed,

General Dietrich Burkharter
Imperial Military Central Command
Dinsmark, Mintoria

Last edited:
After a minute maybe two and a few attempts to hail flight control a wing of Fighters; six strong and bearing the RNAF Roundels pulled up in formation with the transport planes the lead jet flying level with Mama Bird 0-1's cockpit. The fighter Jets all had Navigational and guidance lights on, and cockpit lights on and the pilots fully visible. the pilot of the lead Rafale turns to look at the transport and waves as the jets match speed as best they can as the planes travel through the dusk skies in a huge formation.

"Thenacan Aircraft this is Bluesky 1 Actual, Air Control is having difficulties with control comms but you are all cleared to land. You've been given priority clearance to take Landing Strip 2 and 3. Hangars one through fourteen. the Red Carpet is laid out for you."

With the end of his direction the pilot gave a thumbs up as the jets gained some distance and went into more of an escorting formation all lights still on.

Marten stood at the backdoor of the plane as the gentle snow fell down around him and danced in the air as a slight gust of wind blew it in front of him. As it fell more onto the ground the silence was broken as 3 black cars pulled up in front of his transport. With them Colart and the former Queen emerged from the one in the center of the trio of cars.

Colart had a smile on his face however Marten’s like it had always been remained cold and dead serious not giving into the warm pleasantries of the Norsian. As Colart approached further and welcomed the Malorian Prince he did not waste any time advancing forward to him and the imprisoned Queen Mother.

"If your men would like to take her on-board and remove the safety binds, I believe you might want to discuss other matters since we are here? I am the extension of Her Grace's will while we are here."

He nodded at Colart and then shouted at his guards in Malorian and almost immediately after they walked out of the plane with their rifles in hand they took the heavy shackles off of her wrist and escorted her onto the transport. Then Marten’s solid glare was on Colart.

“ I feel that might be appropriate concerning the special gifts we have brought forward here for your queen. However I am here on a small duration of time so if we can I would like to make this fast.”

Colart nodded simply in acknowledgement. as he adjusted the collar of his coat to hide more of his neck.

"Everything we say, and do here right now is off the record. everyone here on my side is trusted; and the Queen must ask of more aid from Maloria."

Colart clasped his hands in front of him. "We must ask Maloria to assist Norsia in the modernization of its [note]Electronic Counter Measures[/note]ECM capabilities and the capabilities of its cryptography and cyber information and warfare departments.. sometime during the last months of the war our codes were broken, and the people who broke them continue to break them. Every time we change the code they know, and they match it. we need a new system."

Colart takes a breath causing a large cloud of steam to billow out. "Everything is compromised, including the White Guard to a minor degree, and that is NOT acceptable on any level, Queen Alycia can be hit at anytime outside of the Palace, it takes just one loose word. We've gone back to messengers, pen and paper and decoder wheels damn near." Colart takes a piece of paper out of his coat pocket and hands it to Marten

"This contains the details of everything we need. and I have been empowered to make appropriate offers and concessions to make it work."

The paper list contains
  • Electronic Countermeasures for vehicles, helos and planes, and more.
  • New Cyberwarfare suites. that Maloria would be willing to disclose. not expected to be state of the art.
  • New Encryption and Decryption methods that Maloria would be willing to disclose. not expected to be state of the art.
  • Surveillance equipment, from wiretaps to cameras and basic drones. not necessary but helpful.

To The King of Ruskaland,
Ruskatin I

We are grateful here in Norsia that you are willing to help us rebuild the means of which we can sustain our businesses and industry. We would be willing to take anything you could offer.
The More Norsia has to build with right now, the faster it can build and the quicker it can heal over its scars.

Thank you for your genorosity, your Majesty.

Sincerly,

Queen Alycia

Sonny Kofoed made his way through the palace. He'd been in contact with his government about the possibilities of his integrated naval battlegroups and integrated coastal defences.

He made his way to the the throne room, protected by two White Guardsmen.
"I've come to see Her Grace, concerning a proposal from my government."

"Her Grace is currently speaking with the Yukkiran delegation" one of the Guardsmen said.
Kofoed nodded, but smiled.

"Prince Arima, eh? I need to make a point of speaking with him. I'm afraid he'll have to settle for Norsian cuisine though. I don't think my quarters are big enough for his mobile banquet."

He chuckled to himself before getting on his way.

After much deliberation, we have recently voted in favor of expanding the agreement between our two nations to accommodate new terms. We would hereby like to make an upfront payment of $10 billion and if possible, form an alliance between our two nations, at least until the rebuilding process is complete.

We hope to come to some sort of agreement.

Sincerely, Hunter Lentia, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Sent on behalf of Jennifer Wofle, Elected Representative of Berkowitzia.

Alycia sits at her desk, looking at a pile of empty letters pondering to herself as the first rains in Norsia begin to fall again gently outside, her curtains open wide and the day bright despite the rain. from her desk she looked out towards the harbor, now active and lively with dock workers, and ships big and small coming to and from, and the massive construction project in a previously empty extension of the harbor seems to be quickly underway and seems to be the center of most of the buzz.

After a few minutes it finally came to the forefront of her mind and she started writing a letter, soon after she sealed the envelope with the Royal wolf seal of the Norsian side of the Severyn House, fully denoting who it is from to anyone who knows Norsia royal family.

TO: His Exellency of the Republic of Mouxordia

SUBJECT: Assistance in rebuilding the Norsian Navy

Your Excellency, I would first like to wish you the bringing of the first sunny and warm days of spring swiftly in Mouxordia, and that I write to you asking to open formal relations with your beautiful nation, and to ask for Mouxordian expertise and training in the building of a capable navy and the training of crews to utilize it, and an even more capable submarine fleet. I hope you consider this and I await to hear an answer, be it a no or a yes. if you send a delegation I would gladly welcome them into my home as esteemed guests and treat them as if they were my own.

Sincerely,

Queen Alycia Severyn

((The arc with Yukkira and Maloria has become part of the past timeline. and my thread will continue as planned or lackthereof without further delay.))

Back