Greetings from TEP

Helgraf

TNPer
Hey everyone, I'm your new ambassador from TEP! While I was masked awhile ago, I was a bit busy with life, and now that it's New Year's Day and a new issue of TEP's newspaper (which can be found right below this paragraph) is out, I figured that it was high time to introduce myself. Anyway, I am Helgraf (some of you may remember me), also known as Asendavia, Kaeliv, Aseveth, or just as Ian. My main nation is currently Asendavia, but I also own New Stromharad, Norway XXVIII, Gliat Shea, Rhalikath, Yilatlan, Aseveth, Galoakin, Asendavian Koath, Asendavia Random, Soviet Norway XXVIII, Finnish Norway XXVIII, German Norway XXVIII, and Kaeliv. Some of those have probably CTEd though. Anyway, have a happy New Year! Also, have a free link to the main page of TEP's forums!

http://forum.theeastpacific.com/index/

[img=600,108]http://i.imgur.com/8QUODkI.png[/img]
The East Pacific News Service
December 31, 2017​

A Message From the Delegate
By Yuno
Hai TEP! Feels weird to be writing something for the New Years release! Especially as your delegate. As you know this year we've done so much! We've been hiring an increasing amount of citizens when you look at the past years. Our Executive ministers are now more active than ever! With replacements lined up in order to keep them active. The transition to having myself as the Delegate was clean and easy thankfully! And lastly I've speared the full setup of having an Executive Government where confirmed citizens of TEP have the chance to get involved in one of our ministries to help progress our region!

I hope you all have a lovely New Year!

2017: A Year in Review
By The Atlae Isles
2017 was a busy year for The East Pacific, let's take a look at what happened that year.

At the beginning of the year, Todd McCloud was Acting Delegate after the elected Delegate Aelitia was removed by the Viziers upon suspicions between Aelitia and another citizen. The suspicions were determined to be without merit and the removal was successfully appealed; leading to the re-assumption of the seat on February 8th. As Delegate, Aelitia issued 14 Executive Orders in total. Shortly after on March 15th issues arose with East Malaysia, a forum admin and a long-time resident in TEP was banjected due to surpassing the endocap, Aelitia received backlash before the Delegate election in which the incumbent Aelitia was defeated by the then-Viceroy Hobbes.

After overseeing the original N-Day on April 1st, Hobbes assumed the Delegacy April 27th. Hobbes first removed the East Pacific from CAIN (Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism), calling into question the organization's objectives. Hobbes then signed the Endorsement Caps Act, repealing the Simplified Endorsement Cap Act (Third Amendment), which was used in the unpopular enforcement of East Malaysia's (temporary) ban from the East Pacific. Hobbes did not sign any executive orders, but he did develop the foreign affairs of the East Pacific, signing the Mutual Aid Treaty Between The Sovereign East Pacific and The Independent Order and the Best Pacifics Treaty between the East Pacific and the West Pacific.

In July, Mexregiona (also known as Mex) was elected Delegate. Although he never fully assumed the Delegate seat, Mex began the reconstruction of the East Pacific’s Executive, appointing many new players into government positions, and the University of the East Pacific (UTEP) was re-established under the Fourth Education Act. However, on August 15th, Mex found that he could not manage the Delegacy due to a lack of time, and resigned the Delegacy, so Aelitia, a Vizier, succeeding him in acting as in-game Delegate.

Then-Viceroy Dalimbar commenced a citizenship audit but disappeared before it was completed. Fellow then-Arbiter Yuno, among others, began finishing the citizenship audit after two weeks. A new Delegate election commenced in September, where Yuno defeated The Oan Isles and Aelitia in the election.

Yuno, as Delegate, re-organized the Executive originally set by Mex (see Executive Office Changes) and raised the endocap from 150 if one endorsed the Delegate and, 15 if they didn’t, to 200 if one endorsed the Delegate, and 20 if they didn't. Article A, Section 3 of the Concordat was also amended, giving the Delegate the prerogative over World Assembly votes rather than being chained to the arbitrary will of non-citizens. Yuno has issued two Executive Orders and opened an Executive Internal Activities Thread in the name of transparency following the contested transfer of the regional Discord server.

2017 (12017 H.E./3754 A.A.) was also a busy year in our favorite roleplay community. After the consequences of the Four Days’ War, the SEPC (South-East Pacific Coalition)'s membership grew in size and reconciled with the FPA (Fire Pact Alliance), which it had fought against in the Four Days’ War, and grew in power.

Meanwhile, in the nation of Laitianburg, terrorists calling themselves "Al-Jaheed" took control of several territories, instilling a brutal regime of terror. When the organization metastasized to the islands of Yor located south of Aurora, the government of Xagrurg, as well as some other nations, deployed forces.

The unhappy military, disillusioned with a long conflict in the islands, as well as problematic government spending, launched a coup, causing the government of the Republic of Xagrurg to flee to Yor and the Greater Xagrurgian Empire (GXE) to be established. The Staynish-Caltharusian Empire (SCE), as well as its allies, then declared war on Xagrurg, launching the Auroran-Pacific War, which was far longer, far more costly, and far more widespread than the Four Days War.

Shortly afterwards, Rurik Lukin in Stratarin, an SEPC nation, was assassinated, allowing Mikhail Starikov to seize power from then-Premier Viktor Drugov and eventually lead to the fracture of the SEPC. Xagrurg invaded Kostoria-Obertonia and Yor, the Atlantian island nations of Charton, Kerlington, Liber Yourvus, and Minedestives declared war on the Atlae Isles, and the SCE invaded Ethalria after the assassination of the Staynish crown prince, Thadeus.

The war did not turn out well for Ethalria and the Atlantian nations that fought the Atlae Isles, Tretrid, Kuthernburg, and Nacata. After a bombing of the Atlaesian naval base of Fort Mercer, the Kerlingtonian Head of State, Viktor Borisyovich, was assassinated, leading to the inept Heinrich von Stadt to take power. Shortly afterwards, the Chartonian Carrier Fleet was completely defeated by the Tretridian and the Atlaesian navy in the aptly-named Operation Payday. Xagrurg and Kostromastan (which had declared its allegiance to the GXE) made peace with its allies, while the Ethalrian capital of Rivendell fell, and its Matriarch, Amalda Harriman, disappeared. Ethalria fractured into smaller states not a long time afterward.

After the end of the Auroran-Pacific War, which had lead to the Auroran Union (AU) to splinter off the Auroran Continental Assembly (ACA), and the Atlantian Alliance (AA) to form from former SEPC nations located in Atlantia. In light of this, the nation of Emberwood Coast held a meeting about counterterrorism and Auroran reconciliation, located in the capital city of Aura, which was the city where negotiations ended the Four Days War one year earlier.

An Interview with Overseeing Officer Elfine
By Tretrid
The following is a transcript of an interview I conducted with the Overseeing Officer of the East Pacific Sovereign Army, General Elfine.

Tretrid: For starters, are you generally satisfied with the current direction of the EPSA? Why or why not?

Elfine: I can say with certainty that I'm satisfied with how EPSA is being run at this time. However, there's still a myriad of changes the organization needs to go through to truly reach its potential. Going into 2018, I should like to see half of our troops being able to effectively trigger and lead ops, and a quarter of those troops in commanding positions.

Tretrid: If there was something EPSA needed to improve on, what would it be?

Elfine: Activity. We've had quite a few good ops over the past couple months, but I'm looking for operations that'll happen on every other day. Of course, getting to that stage is gonna take time and a load of manpower, but I know it's an achievable goal for the agency to reach.

Tretrid: What impact do you think Yuno's delegacy has had on the EPSA?

Elfine: Admittedly, as I wasn't a resident of TEP before Yuno, I can't pass comment on how it was before she came. However, Yuno's heavily promoted it, giving all of our troops opportunities to speak their minds, and allowing the higher-ups freedom in what they wanted to implement. She even went so far as to TG the entire region about our existence! So I'd say she's been great for EPSA.

Tretrid: What are your future plans for EPSA?

Elfine: Work on expansion and troop relations, mainly.

Tretrid: Will you continue letting the EPSA work closely with TWPAF?

Elfine: They're LIT and we're staying with 'em because we benefit from it so do they....I think. Maybe.

Tretrid: Do you have anything to say about The Black Hawks' latest record of 255 tags last major update?

Elfine: It was seriously impressive. I doubt many people on NS could match that if they tried, and it's nice to see that something came out of the Moneyness drama.

Tretrid: And finally, is there anything you would like to say to the readers of EPNS?

Elfine: JOIN EPSA AND YOU WILL BE MY SLAVES. AND WE WILL HIT REGIONS AND MAKE SWEET SWEET LOVE TO THE NATIVES. IN THE NAME OF YOUR LEWD AND SAVIOUR, AMEN.

Changes to Various Executive Offices
By Pendragonania
With the growth of the TEP member base, the Executive has seen new changes, new expansion, and new leadership. Below we will cover those changes.

The EPNS has also seen the merger of TEP’s radio channel into EPNS. Pendragonania, former radio chief, now works as the acting Deputy Minister of EPNS.

As a result of Cain moving into managing Foreign Affairs, he has left his previous post in the Ministry of Design absent, and replacing him as the Head of Design is Ike. Ike is an individual known for amazing design projects, immersive graphics, and creating flags for lucky TEP nations. It’s no question that Ike will be well-established in his new post, and will push the boundaries of TEP’s design to places that we’ve never imagined.

The Ministry of Immigration has had administrative changes, with Wonder Woman taking over as Minister and installing Pakitsk as her Deputy Minister. The duo has been toiling to revitalise the Immigration services to be made as efficient and effective as possible. Wonder Woman had this to say when we asked her for any commentary:
"From myself and Pakitsk, we here at the Ministry of Immigration wish you a Happy New Year! Our office is always open! I like to thank Yuno for giving me this opportunity, and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for TEP!!"

Final Words for the Year
By Pendragonania

2017 has brought a lot of change, for both the good and the bad. It's another year where we all grow closer, working together to help support our region and reach achievements that are only possible with our collaboration. What 2017 may mean to each of you will be different, as every one of us has different experiences that we've had over the last 365 days. Some of us have endured hardships or encountered obstacles, while others may have been successful or experienced a pinnacle of life. However, we all share our community, the friends that we can share our experiences with, and the regions we call home. You may have spent your holiday season wrapped up warm with family, or with few and possibly alone. In looking back upon the year, it’s best not to linger on the events which anguish you, but rather celebrate what has gone right, and appreciate what truly matters. No matter the circumstances, New Year’s Day is for looking forward, for putting the past behind you and ensuring your previous successes only continue.

We wish you all the best, and until next time. Stay safe TEP!

Also, here's TEP's newspaper from November.

[img=600,108]http://i.imgur.com/8QUODkI.png[/img]
The East Pacific News Service
November 22, 2017​

A Farewell to Xoriet
Xoriet, Delegate of The East Pacific from late 2014 to early 2015, and former Overseering Officer of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army (EPSA), officially announced her departure from NationStates on November 11, 2017.

Xoriet explained why she abruptly left, citing personal circumstances, and gave a farewell. Later, she gave her farewell to the Regional Message Board of TEP.

Before Xoriet left, citizen Ramaeus nominated Xoriet for honorary citizenship. However, after considering that Xoriet, at the time, had no indication of returning to TEP, it was concluded that entry into the Hall of Heroes was the best way to honor Xoriet.

Xoriet returned to give a formal goodbye to everyone on NS, and in an RMB post described TEP as “the best,” with many in TEP expressing their goodbyes one last time.

Xoriet was inducted into the Hall of Heroes for her outstanding contributions to The East Pacific, and we in the EPNS hopes that she has a wonderful life ahead of her.

What is Going on in the Government?
The regional government in TEP has been rather active following the months after summer, and TEP has become the 2nd most populous region in NationStates.

TEP’s growth ingame has been attributed to the reintroduction of a welcome telegram, and to officials that are active on the Regional Message Board encouraging users to not leave to other regions.

In the Magisterium, after Respublika Bielarus became Provost, 7 more Magisters have joined the Magisterium, altogether a record 24 Magisters. Additionally, among others, Xoriet was inducted into the Hall of Heroes (see A Farewell to Xoriet), Elfine was confirmed as Overseering Officer of EPSA and EPPS, Greyghost was confirmed as Vizier (see Greyghost Appointed as Vizier), and the Amendment to Article A, Section 3 of the Concordat passed the Magisterium (see Concordat Amendment at Vote)

In the Conclave, Viceroy Dali went AWOL after suspending citizenship applications on August 27th, 2017 pending a citizenship audit. Yuno quickly got together volunteers to help do the citizenship audit, finishing it almost a month later on September 23rd, 2017.

Viceroy Dali was later removed for inactivity by the Magisterium and was replaced by Arbiter Hobbes, accompanied by Aelitia (whose seat was renewed) and Aeneas Prime (AKA Cain, replacing Yuno’s seat after Yuno became Delegate). After A Slanted Black Stripe declined a second term as Arbiter, their seat was taken by Halo. Aelitia was chosen to be the Viceroy.

The Conclave was notified of a problem - something that could have been disastrous to the new TEP executive - a citizen by the name of Tiber Septim had leaked allegedly sensitive and defamatory information (see Tiber in Trouble). Aelitia was selected as Presiding Arbiter, and a Pre-Trial was scheduled. The Conclave deliberated, and a full trial of TEP v. Tiber Septim was certified under two counts of treason.

In the Executive, government activity was buzzing after a long hiatus. Starting with Mexregiona’s rousing campaign, Mexregiona immediately filled the Cabinet with willing TEPers. However, Mexregiona unfortunately could not take the in-game Delegate seat, and went under a hiatus before eventually resigning, leaving Aelitia Acting Delegate, until Yuno was elected.

For the first time in recent times, the University of the East Pacific was accepting applications, with classes in TEP civics and a guide to R/D.

Concordat Amendment at Vote
On November 18, Viceroy Aelitia officially brought a proposed Concordat amendment at vote in a citizen referendum.

The amendment, which passed the Magisterium in an 11-4 vote, proposed the removal of a clause which stated that the Delegate had to represent the popular will in the World Assembly.

Before the amendment was proposed, there was a discussion about the role of the Delegate in the World Assembly, due to a string of WA resolutions that many nations voted for. These votes were attributed to an attractive title, though the resolutions themselves would later be repealed for an alleged lack of substance to them. The Delegate was often forced to vote for them, even though many users who read the resolution’s main contents raised many an objection, including the misspelling of the word “recognizing” as “regognizing [sic].”

Additionally, some proponents were concerned that the Delegate’s vote was decided by member WA nations who were not actively participating in TEP’s community. They believed it best if the Delegate’s vote was determined by the citizens’ WA vote, or if the Delegate chose how to vote themselves.

Some of the older, more experienced members of the community, like A Slanted Black Stripe and Bachtendekuppen, raised objections about the amendment. ASBS, most well known for liberating TEP from the Empire, wrote that “Lady Phedre [the illegitimate delegate under the Empire] skipped a lot of votes. The goal was to require the Delegate to do their job.”

Eventually, it could all be summed up to this question that ASBS phrased. “Is the Delegate elected to serve the region or lead the region?” And that question would be answered by the citizens’ vote on November 25th.

Tiber in Trouble
A user named Tiber Septim, who joined TEP on September 20, 2017, is facing two charges of treason and the Conclave issued an arrest warrant against them.

The trouble began almost immediately after Tiber Septim joined. They applied for citizenship immediately after joining the forum. Then, they made a few comments, and then applied to the Magisterium only five days after they joined the forum.

This did not go particularly well with then-Provost The Atlae Isles, but due to some heavy rules-lawyering, his application was accepted. When, in Tiber's Magister Candidacy thread, Then-Deputy Provost (now Provost) Republiska Bielarus inquired on Tiber's experience, Tiber tried to explain his plans for the Magisterium and sent PMs to Magisters imploring them to vote for him. However, due to lack of experience, many Magisters voted nay on his admission. Only 17 hours after the vote opened, Tiber sent a forum PM to then-Provost Atlae withdrawing their application.

Things mostly settled down after that. Tiber Septim joined the East Pacific Police Service, and applied to join the Ambassador Corps (Minister of Foreign Affairs Atlae did not respond), but trouble was brewing behind the scenes.

On October 19, Tiber released sensitive information. It was damning, questioning Yuno’s support in her Cabinet and various shady foreign affairs deals. The unedited version may be found in the pre-trial. Players who read the post responded negatively, culminating in Big Bad Badger outright accusing that Tiber was the leaker. One of those players was Altino, who said she would report Tiber’s activities to Osiris, where Tiber held a position. Tiber edited out the info on the post, and then used his main account to say that that statement is defamatory, and that he was immune, because he was in the EPPS. He renounced his citizenship from TEP and Osiris shortly afterwards. His account was banned from the Osiran regional forum shortly after.

Six days later, on October 25, the Delegate, Yuno, presented charges against Tiber Septim. In the resulting pre-trial, the charge of sedition was dropped, but the two other charges of committing treason was brought to trial.

However, Tiber Septim did not show up in his allotted time, so an arrest warrant was issued against him. Tiber’s nations were found to be deleted, and was possibly a Delete on Sight player.

Greyghost appointed as Vizier
Greyghost, former Overseeing Officer of the East Pacific Sovereign Army, was confirmed as Vizier by the Magisterium on November 17, 2017.

Greyghost, who resigned as Overseeing Officer of EPSA and EPPS on October 1, was later replaced by General Elfine.

On October 27, Yuno nominated Greyghost as Vizier, and the notion was brought to vote on November 10. Greyhost was confirmed as Vizier by an unanimous vote, bringing up the current amount of Viziers to 6.

Her addition was very popular among the Magisters, but some were concerned over the fact that the Regional Officer spots were at full capacity, so some Regional Officers offered to give up their posts.

Greyghost was glad to be nominated as Vizier, and now serves as a protector of the region.

Back