Yuno

TNPer
-
Pronouns
Her/She
TNP Nation
yuno owl
Greetings Reader!
I’m Lady Yuno, a journalist for TNP. I’ve written a biography for a Security Councillor! Security Councillors are the security of your region for an indefinitely long time (FOREVER,) and wouldn’t it be great to learn more about your security guards and how they accomplished their promotion to become Security Councillors in the first place?

I also found it beneficial when nations learn more about their fellow regionmates! So here it is:

Biography of Kasch:

1) Kasch joined NationStates in April 8, 2016. His first nation, Kaschovia, spawned in The East Pacific, but the next day he moved it immediately to The North Pacific. (!)

2) Enjoying his time in TNP, Kasch clicked on the link to join TNP’s forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/

3) The first thing he did was join TNP’s military. He spotted the military sign-up thread, and filled out his North Pacific Army application. He made an introduction thread and looked at what else was in TNP’s community.

4) Suddenly, Kash noticed the Executive staff application thread which was right under the citizenship application. He clicked on the thread and applied to join the Culture Ministry, Home Affairs Ministry, and the World Assembly Affairs Ministry.

Culture was for organizing TNP cultural events, Home Affairs was for recruiting TNP nations to join the forum, and WA Affairs was for creating/debating WA proposals. Kasch gained experience from these activities, and applied next for Communications.

5) Communications meant writing newspapers for The North Pacific (that’s this one!) Kasch wrote a lot of newspaper articles and distributed it to TNP members.

6) Now here’s a fun fact. Having gained all the experienced he needed from the 4 Ministries he joined, Kasch applied to be the Minister of Gameside Affairs, during Lord Ravenclaw’s Delegate term. Result: KASCH WAS HIRED!

7) Kasch served two terms as Gameside Minister. (Terms are 4 months each.)

8) Seeing that there was still one more Ministry he hasn’t tried out yet, Kasch joined the Foreign Affairs Ministry, where he learned how to become a foreign relations-expert diplomat.

9) The North Pacific had new Delegate elections roll around: Plembobria was elected. Plembobria deemed that the Ministry of Gameside was low maintenance and needed Kasch for the more high-end job: Communications Minister.

Seeing that Kasch already had professional journalism experience from his previous days serving the Communications Ministry, Kasch was appointed new Communications Minister. He was to organize and prepare articles, editors, and writers of TNP news.

10) Therefore, Kasch was a Minister of Communications. Meanwhile, he was promoted in his other Ministries! He became a Deputy Minister of WA Affairs, Culture, AND Home Affairs (which is essentially 2nd-in-command leadership in those ministries.) Kasch was also promoted to Lead RMB Guardian. Kasch also became a Deputy Attorney General (which means he judges criminals in TNP’s Court,) and he became a TNP Roleplay Moderator.

11) Kasch decided to run for Vice-Delegate… and WON! At the same time, Palliath also ran in the election for Delegate and won.

12) Kasch spent 4 months as a Vice Delegate, and ran for re-election but LOST to Siwale. However, Palliath immediately hired Kasch to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. This was a good arrangement because Foreign Affairs Ministers can move their World Assembly status around, and a Vice Delegate must keep their World Assembly rooted in TNP.

13) Kasch organized all TNP’s ambassadors and assigned regions to each diplomat to go to, and organized them. Essentially building from scratch, this set the groundwork for future successful and prosperous interregional relations between The North Pacific and allies. 60 days later, Kasch stepped down after a discussion with the Cabinet that decided his skills and dedication to The North Pacific were better suited for the Security Council, given that his experience and talent in TNP’s internal affairs was far superior to his already capable external affairs.

14) Security Councillors are the most trusted senior nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats, therefore they are required to maintain a high endorsement count and influence level. Kasch’s contributions to the North Pacific earned him the entire regional assembly’s trust, and the citizens voted Kasch to be their next Security Councillor.

The Security Council exists to serve the region, and to ensure that democracy will always reign in TNP. The Security Council comprises of

15) And this, is how Kasch became a security councillor ^_^

This could be you one day.
Ok, enough of my third-person biography. Here’s some real quotes from Kasch!

Me: Could you specify the things you did while in those ministries and your memorable moments in TNP or the RMB?

[2:06 PM] Kasch: The Ministry of Gameside Affairs no longer exists, but while it did, I made the most of the opportunities I had. What most notably came from my terms as MoGA was the joint project that I worked on with Tomb to revive the mentoring program for new nations/members. The program is still going strong and getting new nations involved even to this day, which is something that I am very proud to have helped bring back. I got the RMB Guardians up and running again, which helped deal with the RMB when things got out of control. Although it has not had such a large effect, it gave me experience in leading such groups. I was extremely ambitious and hopeful back then, so I guess I was blinded by the responsibility of the position and would sometimes lose track of what I was supposed to be doing as opposed to what I wanted to.(edited)

[2:14 PM] Kasch: My work in the Ministry of Communications, I believe, has also had some long term effects. I established the Northern Broadcasting Service with one my greatest NS friends Frozentophat (also known as FTH), and that has seen some success, though it is still finding its feet, I think it could turn out amazingly if enough people worked on it. I was the first minister in my time to use a template for planning articles, which has helped the next few ministers after me organize their staff writers/editors when assigning articles. I have also helped establish what I call 'running articles', which are articles that can be written as part of a series of articles addressing the same things, such as the 'Spotlight' interview series, the 'Monthly Memoirs' series, 'NPA News Bulletin', which has vastly helped spread awareness of the NPA and its operations and the 'Regional Assembly Highlights' series, which is more like the RA Digests (which I am happy to see are now being released more often).(edited)

[2:18 PM] Kasch: Although I eventually did resign as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I didn't sit with my feet up and do nothing during my time. With the help of my deputies and with discussions from staff and senior diplomats, the closure of several very inactive embassies took place, which was a huge problem for the ministry and was something that had not been dealt with by many former ministers. I dealt with embassies that didn't have ambassadors and got people assigned so that there were no gaps. My weaknesses were organizing a mentor program, which didn't happen until Lord Ravenclaw took over, and taking part in more important discussions.

[2:20 PM] Kasch: I have worked as Deputy Minister for four ministries: WAA, HA, COMMS, and Cul. I have assisted with the management of those ministries in my time, although I would say my impact as a Deputy on these ministries has not been as extensive as my time as Minister for GA, COMMS, and FA.

[2:30 PM] Kasch: I'll try my best to mention some of my highlights. Firstly, being appointed MoGA by Lord Ravenclaw. It was the starting point for me here and gave me such valuable experience in handling ministries. Secondly, my first ever operation with the NPA, just because of how intense it was. Thirdly, running the Northern Cup along with Lorbank and StGeorge, because of how many people were interested in it. Fourthly, my interview with IndieGirl, which I am and always will be extremely happy to have done. Fifthly, being appointed Minister of Communications because it was a position that I was quite anxious to assume, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sixthly, getting my first issue published into NationStates, because of how much work it took to even get it submitted, let alone accepted. Seventhly, being elected as Vice Delegate, because I got to experience being a candidate and working in that office for the first time. Eighthly, meeting the people I have, because I wouldn't have stayed this long without them. Ninthly, being voted into the Security Council, because I knew at that point that I had earned the trust of the region and could take on a much larger responsibility than I had before. And finally, posting Issue X of the Northern Lights as Minister of Communications, it was the first I had published and it was something that I was very proud of because of the writers that made it happen. I know I will have forgotten a lot of things, but these aren't ranked in terms of how memorable they are, just the moments that have stuck with me.

[2:47 PM] Yuno: Great. I'd like you to give more details on those 9 things. Like explain what kind of NPA op (if you still remember) who was on it. And what's the Northern Cup?
IndieGirl interview link?
How about who's your top five or top ten fave TNP people and why (brief).

November 25, 2017

[12:44 PM] Kasch: I remember the feeling of being a part of the operation, but unfortunately, the exact details of the operation do not come to mind. The Northern Cup is a regional football/soccer competition that has been running for two years consecutively. I managed 16 participants in the first edition, and 32 in the second. I intend to run the Northern Cup 2018 around January again. The link to the interview with IndieGirl is: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=894025, if you scroll to the bottom then you can't miss it. I will remember being appointed Minister of Communications because previously I'd always enjoyed writing and publishing dispatches, so it was the perfect fit for me, and I also had quite a lot of ideas for the ministry that I wanted to put into place. The first issue I got published was called 'Making Money Hand Over Fist', #827. The link for that is: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88&start=25#827. Being elected VD felt similar to being admitted to the SC, in that I could sense that I had achieved a goal of mine and knew that I had the region behind me.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: Ordering my favourite people is too difficult! A few of them aren't really around much anymore, but I'll mention them anyway, in no particular order. Lord Ravenclaw, FrozenTopHat, Lorbank, StGeorge, IndieGirl, Syrixia, Great Bights Mum, and Darcania.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: I'm sure I'll remember more of them later, but that's all for now.

me: WOW

@.@

Conclusion:
These quotes were too fascinating that I didn’t have the heart to edit them. Kaschovia responded to my interview questions instantly, with those answers.
Turns out the road to becoming among the top ten highest endorsed and entrusted players is a long journey, and it’s not by simply collecting endorsements. But it was certainly fulfilling to me as a journalist, and I reckon absolutely gratifying as an experience of a newcomer who rose up the ranks of The North Pacific starting from Citizen to Security Councillor in two years. Sidenote: Kasch has 815 endos at the time of writing this (proof: https://i.imgur.com/mdMTbGM.png )

Greetings Reader!
I’m Lady Yuno, a journalist for TNP. I’ve written a biography for a Security Councillor! Security Councillors are the security of your region for an indefinitely long time (FOREVER,) and wouldn’t it be great to learn more about your security guards and how they accomplished their promotion to become Security Councillors in the first place?

I also found it beneficial when nations learn more about their fellow regionmates! So here it is:

Biography of Kasch:

1)) Kasch joined NationStates in April 8, 2016. His first nation, Kaschovia, spawned in The East Pacific, but the next day he moved it immediately to The North Pacific. (!)

2)) Enjoying his time in TNP, Kasch clicked on the link to join TNP’s forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/

3)) The first thing he did was join TNP’s military. He spotted the military sign-up thread, and filled out his North Pacific Army application. He made an introduction thread and looked at what else was in TNP’s community.

4)) Suddenly, Kash noticed the Executive staff application thread which was right under the citizenship application. He clicked on the thread and applied to join the Culture Ministry, Home Affairs Ministry, and the World Assembly Affairs Ministry.

Culture was for organizing TNP cultural events, Home Affairs was for recruiting TNP nations to join the forum, and WA Affairs was for creating/debating WA proposals. Kasch gained experience from these activities, and applied next for Communications.

5)) Communications meant writing newspapers for The North Pacific (that’s this one!) Kasch wrote a lot of newspaper articles and distributed it to TNP members.

6)) Now here’s a fun fact. Having gained all the experienced he needed from the 4 Ministries he joined, Kasch applied to be the Minister of Gameside Affairs, during Lord Ravenclaw’s Delegate term. Result: KASCH WAS HIRED!

7)) Kasch served two terms as Gameside Minister.

8)) Seeing that there was still one more Ministry he hasn’t tried out yet, Kasch joined the Foreign Affairs Ministry, where he learned how to become a foreign relations-expert diplomat.

9)) The North Pacific had new Delegate elections roll around: Plembobria was elected. Plembobria deemed that the Ministry of Gameside was low maintenance and needed Kasch for the more high-end job: Communications Minister.

Seeing that Kasch already had professional journalism experience from his previous days serving the Communications Ministry, Kasch was appointed new Communications Minister. He was to organize and prepare articles, editors, and writers of TNP news.

10)) Therefore, Kasch was a Minister of Communications. Meanwhile, he was promoted in his other Ministries! He became a Deputy Minister of WA Affairs, Culture, AND Home Affairs (which is essentially 2nd-in-command leadership in those ministries.) Kasch was also promoted to Lead RMB Guardian. Kasch also became a Deputy Attorney General (which means he judges criminals in TNP’s Court,) and he became a TNP Roleplay Moderator.

11)) Kasch decided to run for Vice-Delegate… and WON! At the same time, Palliath also ran in the election for Delegate and won.

12)) Kasch spent 4 months as a Vice Delegate, and ran for re-election but LOST to Siwale. However, Palliath immediately hired Kasch to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. This was a good arrangement because Foreign Affairs Ministers can move their World Assembly status around, and a Vice Delegate must keep their World Assembly rooted in TNP.

13)) Kasch organized all TNP’s ambassadors and assigned regions to each diplomat to go to, and trained them. This lead to successful and prosperous interregional relations between The North Pacific and allies. 60 days later, Kasch stepped down after a discussion with the Cabinet that decided his skills and dedication to The North Pacific were better suited for the Security Council, given that his experience and talent in TNP’s internal affairs was far superior to his already capable external affairs.

14)) Security Councillors are the top 10 highest endorsed nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats. Kasch’s contributions to the North Pacific earned him the entire regional assembly’s trust, and the citizens voted Kasch to be their next Security Councillor.

15)) And this, is how Kasch became a security councillor ^_^

Okay, enough of my third-person biography. Here’s some real quotes from Kasch!

Me: Could you specify the things you did while in those ministries and your memorable moments in TNP or the RMB?

[2:06 PM] Kasch: The Ministry of Gameside Affairs no longer exists, but while it did, I made the most of the opportunities I had. What most notably came from my terms as MoGA was the joint project that I worked on with Tomb to revive the mentoring program for new nations/members. The program is still going strong and getting new nations involved even to this day, which is something that I am very proud to have helped bring back. I got the RMB Guardians up and running again, which helped deal with the RMB when things got out of control. Although it has not had such a large effect, it gave me experience in leading such groups. I was extremely ambitious and hopeful back then, so I guess I was blinded by the responsibility of the position and would sometimes lose track of what I was supposed to be doing as opposed to what I wanted to.(edited)

[2:14 PM] Kasch: My work in the Ministry of Communications, I believe, has also had some long term effects. I established the Northern Broadcasting Service with one my greatest NS friends Frozentophat (also known as FTH), and that has seen some success, though it is still finding its feet, I think it could turn out amazingly if enough people worked on it. I was the first minister in my time to use a template for planning articles, which has helped the next few ministers after me organize their staff writers/editors when assigning articles. I have also helped establish what I call 'running articles', which are articles that can be written as part of a series of articles addressing the same things, such as the 'Spotlight' interview series, the 'Monthly Memoirs' series, 'NPA News Bulletin', which has vastly helped spread awareness of the NPA and its operations and the 'Regional Assembly Highlights' series, which is more like the RA Digests (which I am happy to see are now being released more often).(edited)

[2:18 PM] Kasch: Although I eventually did resign as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I didn't sit with my feet up and do nothing during my time. With the help of my deputies and with discussions from staff and senior diplomats, the closure of several very inactive embassies took place, which was a huge problem for the ministry and was something that had not been dealt with by many former ministers. I dealt with embassies that didn't have ambassadors and got people assigned so that there were no gaps. My weaknesses were organizing a mentor program, which didn't happen until Lord Ravenclaw took over, and taking part in more important discussions.

[2:20 PM] Kasch: I have worked as Deputy Minister for four ministries: WAA, HA, COMMS, and Cul. I have assisted with the management of those ministries in my time, although I would say my impact as a Deputy on these ministries has not been as extensive as my time as Minister for GA, COMMS, and FA.

[2:30 PM] Kasch: I'll try my best to mention some of my highlights. Firstly, being appointed MoGA by Lord Ravenclaw. It was the starting point for me here and gave me such valuable experience in handling ministries. Secondly, my first ever operation with the NPA, just because of how intense it was. Thirdly, running the Northern Cup along with Lorbank and StGeorge, because of how many people were interested in it. Fourthly, my interview with IndieGirl, which I am and always will be extremely happy to have done. Fifthly, being appointed Minister of Communications because it was a position that I was quite anxious to assume, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sixthly, getting my first issue published into NationStates, because of how much work it took to even get it submitted, let alone accepted. Seventhly, being elected as Vice Delegate, because I got to experience being a candidate and working in that office for the first time. Eighthly, meeting the people I have, because I wouldn't have stayed this long without them. Ninthly, being voted into the Security Council, because I knew at that point that I had earned the trust of the region and could take on a much larger responsibility than I had before. And finally, posting Issue X of the Northern Lights as Minister of Communications, it was the first I had published and it was something that I was very proud of because of the writers that made it happen. I know I will have forgotten a lot of things, but these aren't ranked in terms of how memorable they are, just the moments that have stuck with me.

[2:47 PM] Yuno: Great. I'd like you to give more details on those 9 things. Like explain what kind of NPA op (if you still remember) who was on it. And what's the Northern Cup?

November 25, 2017

[12:44 PM] Kasch: I remember the feeling of being a part of the operation, but unfortunately, the exact details of the operation do not come to mind. The Northern Cup is a regional football/soccer competition that has been running for two years consecutively. I managed 16 participants in the first edition, and 32 in the second. I intend to run the Northern Cup 2018 around January again. The link to the interview with IndieGirl is: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=894025, if you scroll to the bottom then you can't miss it. I will remember being appointed Minister of Communications because previously I'd always enjoyed writing and publishing dispatches, so it was the perfect fit for me, and I also had quite a lot of ideas for the ministry that I wanted to put into place. The first issue I got published was called 'Making Money Hand Over Fist', #827. The link for that is: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88&start=25#827. Being elected VD felt similar to being admitted to the SC, in that I could sense that I had achieved a goal of mine and knew that I had the region behind me.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: Ordering my favourite people is too difficult! A few of them aren't really around much anymore, but I'll mention them anyway, in no particular order. Lord Ravenclaw, FrozenTopHat, Lorbank, StGeorge, IndieGirl, Syrixia, Great Bights Mum, and Darcania.

[12:56 PM] Kasch: I'm sure I'll remember more of them later, but that's all for now.

@.@

Conclusion:
These quotes were too fascinating that I didn’t have the heart to edit them. Kaschovia responded to my interview questions instantly, with those answers.
Turns out the road to becoming among the top ten highest endorsed and entrusted players is a long journey, and it’s not by simply collecting endorsements. But it was certainly fulfilling to me as a journalist, and I reckon absolutely gratifying as an experience of a newcomer who rose up the ranks of The North Pacific starting from Citizen to Security Councillor in two years. Sidenote: Kasch has 815 endos at the time of writing this (proof: https://i.imgur.com/mdMTbGM.png )

Yuno:
14)) Security Councillors are the top 10 highest endorsed nations in The North Pacific...
Hey Yuno!

I would suggest rewording this statement. Being in the top 10 for endorsements does not automatically make you a Security Councillor. The requirements are based off of specific numbers that must be reached for endorsements and influence, not ranking within the World Census.

Not to mention all of the informal requirements needed for an application to pass in the SC and RA (such as service to the region, reputation, etc.)

Greetings Reader!

Biography of Kasch:

1) Kasch joined NationStates in April 8, 2016. His first nation, Kaschovia, spawned in The East Pacific, but the next day he moved it immediately to The North Pacific. (!)

2) Enjoying his time in TNP, Kasch clicked on the link to join TNP’s forum: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/index/

3) The first thing he did was join TNP’s military. He spotted the military sign-up thread, and filled out his North Pacific Army application. He made an introduction thread and looked at what else was in TNP’s community.

4) Suddenly, Kash noticed the Executive staff application thread which was right under the citizenship application. He clicked on the thread and applied to join the Culture Ministry, Home Affairs Ministry, and the World Assembly Affairs Ministry.

5) Communications meant writing newspapers for The North Pacific (that’s this one!) Kasch wrote a lot of newspaper articles and distributed it to TNP members.

6) Now here’s a fun fact. Having gained all the experienced he needed from the 4 Ministries he joined, Kasch applied to be the Minister of Gameside Affairs, during Lord Ravenclaw’s Delegate term. Result: KASCH WAS HIRED!

7) Kasch served two terms as Gameside Minister. (Terms are 4 months each.)

8) Seeing that there was still one more Ministry he hasn’t tried out yet, Kasch joined the Foreign Affairs Ministry, where he learned how to become a foreign relations-expert diplomat.

9) The North Pacific had new Delegate elections roll around: Plembobria was elected. Plembobria deemed that the Ministry of Gameside was low maintenance and needed Kasch for the more high-end job: Communications Minister.

10) Therefore, Kasch was a Minister of Communications. Meanwhile, he was promoted in his other Ministries! He became a Deputy Minister of WA Affairs, Culture, AND Home Affairs (which is essentially 2nd-in-command leadership in those ministries.) Kasch was also promoted to Lead RMB Guardian. Kasch also became a Deputy Attorney General (which means he judges criminals in TNP’s Court,) and he became a TNP Roleplay Moderator.

11) Kasch decided to run for Vice-Delegate… and WON! At the same time, Palliath also ran in the election for Delegate and won.

12) Kasch spent 4 months as a Vice Delegate, and ran for re-election but LOST to Siwale. However, Palliath immediately hired Kasch to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. This was a good arrangement because Foreign Affairs Ministers can move their World Assembly status around, and a Vice Delegate must keep their World Assembly rooted in TNP.

13) Kasch organized all TNP’s ambassadors and assigned regions to each diplomat to go to, and organized them. Essentially building from scratch, this set the groundwork for future successful and prosperous interregional relations between The North Pacific and allies. 60 days later, Kasch stepped down after a discussion with the Cabinet that decided his skills and dedication to The North Pacific were better suited for the Security Council, given that his experience and talent in TNP’s internal affairs was far superior to his already capable external affairs.

14) Security Councillors are the most trusted senior nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats, therefore they are required to maintain a high endorsement count and an Influence level of at minimum 270SPDR. Kasch’s contributions to the North Pacific earned him the entire regional assembly’s trust, and the citizens voted Kasch to be their next Security Councillor.

The Security Council exists to serve the region, and to ensure that democracy will always reign in TNP. The Security Council comprises of

15) And this, is how Kasch became a security councillor ^_^

Ok, enough of my third-person biography. Here’s some real quotes from Kasch!

November 25, 2017

@.@

Conclusion:

Hi, Yuno. Real quick, can you update your OP with the "final" version and put the rest in spoilers? Will take a look at it.

Done.

Its pretty much the same, I just took some suggested changes. Although I feel it's pretty barren and downplays a lot of what he did, I should look for some more exciting/compelling adjectives.

14) Security Councillors are the most trusted senior nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats, therefore they are required to maintain a high endorsement count and an Influence level of at minimum 270SPDR.

Me again! :P

Here are the influence and endorsement requirements taken right from the legal code:

Legal Code:
6. The influence requirement is a Soft Power Disbursement Rating within The North Pacific greater than or equal to 182,500, or an influence rank within The North Pacific greater than or equal to Apprentice, whichever is lower. The endorsement requirement is at least 500, or 50 percent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count, whichever is lower.

It may just be easier to take out the numbers:

"14) Security Councillors are the most trusted senior nations in The North Pacific, tasked with protecting the region from foreign and internal threats, therefore they are required to maintain a high endorsement count and influence level."

Other than that, the changes look good!

Back