[DRAFT] Commend Solorni

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

NOTES that the government of Solorni also controls Swift Sure.

ACKNOWLEDGES Solorni's fundamental contributions to the establishment of Balder. During Balder's early days, Solorni was instrumental in guaranteeing the security of the region. Solorni was one of the main coordinators of first constitutional convention of Balder, which established a sovereign and democratic government for the region that continues to this day.

HIGHLIGHTS Solorni's long service as WA Delegate and Queen of Balder. Solorni achieved unique levels of support among the region, as evidenced by record number of received endorsements. During Solorni's delegacy, Balder has experienced unprecedented levels of activity, and prosperity. Solorni has encouraged development and innovation in Balder, ensuring that the regional government constantly evolves to serve the needs of its community.

ADMIRES Solorni's contributions to the security and stability of Balder. Solorni serves as root administrator for the regional forum. Solorni oversaw the creation of the Royal Council and its transformation into the Monarchy, institutions dedicated to protecting Balder from external threats and safeguarding democratic governance. Solorni has been a member of both institutions throughout their existence.

APPLAUDS Solorni's work in Europeia, where they served multiple times as President and Cabinet member. Solorni's second presidential term marked the foundation of modern Europeian foreign policy, resulting in increased interregional prominence for the region. As Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy, Solorni fostered increased levels of activity and expertise. Solorni has been one of the most prolific regional recruiters, introducing numerous nations to the Europeian community and, through transformative contributions to the Europeian Citizens' Assembly, further encouraging their engagement.

APPRECIATES Solorni's contributions to the historic region of Empires of Earth, where they served in multiple cabinet offices. Solorni was a leading force in the revival and refounding of the region as Queen and Empress, securing its history for future generations.

RECOGNIZES Solorni as a world-renowned and effective diplomat. Solorni has successfully negotiated treaties resulting in long-lasting alliances between regions such as Balder, Europeia, Osiris, The Land of Kings and Emperors, The North Pacific, and The West Pacific. Solorni has been an active contributor to the successful multi-regional organizations of the World Assembly Legislative League and the GCR Sovereignty Accords. Solorni has been a committed proponent of the ideology of Independence, advocating for a pragmatic approach to diplomacy that prioritizes regional interests.

ACCLAIMS the charismatic leadership style of Solorni, which is characterized by a strong emphasis on community building and active communication. Solorni has consistently strived to raise awareness about important issues through publications whose reach extends beyond regional borders. In all regions they were involved, Solorni created conditions for the successful integration and mentorship of numerous new nations, many of which have continued on to serve as the next regional leaders.

COMMENDS Solorni.

Co-authored by mcmasterdonia.

THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

NOTES that the government of Solorni also controls Rachel Anumia.

ACKNOWLEDGES Solorni's fundamental contributions to the establishment of Balder. During Balder's early days, Solorni was instrumental in guaranteeing the security of the region. Solorni was one of the main coordinators of first constitutional convention of Balder, which established a sovereign and democratic government for the region.

HIGHLIGHTS Solorni's long service as WA Delegate and Queen of Balder. Solorni achieved unique levels of support among the region, as evidenced by record number of received endorsements. During Solorni's delegacy, Balder has experienced unprecedented levels of activity, and prosperity. Solorni has encouraged development and innovation in Balder, ensuring that the regional government constantly evolves to serve the needs of its community.

ADMIRES Solorni's contributions to the security and stability of Balder. Solorni serves as root administrator for the regional forum. Solorni oversaw the creation of the Royal Council and its subsequent transformation into the Monarchy, institutions dedicated to protecting Balder from external threats. Solorni has been a member of both institutions throughout their existence.

APPLAUDS Solorni's work in Europeia, where they served multiple times as President and in ministerial positions. Solorni's second term as President marked the foundation of modern Europeian foreign policy, resulting in increased interregional prominence for the region. As Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy, Solorni fostered increased levels of activity and expertise. Solorni has been one of the most prolific regional recruiters, introducing numerous nations to the Europeian community. Solorni has made transformative contributions to the Europeian Citizens' Assembly, encouraging the engagement of new citizens.

APPRECIATES Solorni's contributions to the historic region of Empires of Earth, where they served in multiple cabinet offices. Solorni was a leading force in the revival and refounding of the region as Queen and Empress, securing its history for future generations.

RECOGNIZES Solorni as a world-renowned and effective diplomat, which has made fundamental contributions to the diplomatic identities of Balder and Europeia. Solorni has successfully negotiated formal treaties resulting in the establishment of long-lasting alliances between regions such as Balder, Europeia, Osiris, The West Pacific, and The North Pacific. Solorni has been an active contributor to successful multi-regional organizations, including the World Assembly Legislative League and the GCR Sovereignty Accords. Solorni has been a committed proponent of the ideology of Independence, advocating for a pragmatic approach to diplomacy that prioritizes regional interests.

ACCLAIMS the charismatic leadership style of Solorni, which is characterized by a strong emphasis on community building and active communication. Solorni has consistently strived to raise awareness about important issues through publications whose reach extends beyond regional borders. In all regions they were involved, Solorni created the conditions for the successful integration and mentorship of numerous new nations, many of which have continued on to serve as the next regional leaders.

COMMENDS Solorni.

Co-authored by mcmasterdonia.

This is an old proposal that mcm and I considered back in 2014, and that we recently decided to revisit. We updated the draft to respond to comments to the original 2014 submission, as well as to include new content from events that took place between 2014 and now, and to shorten it.

We hope to be able to submit this before the end of the year. All feedback is welcome. :)

WA resolutions are generally thought to be one extremely long sentence with carriage return breaks. I’m not sure, however, given the amount of content here, how you would jam this into that format. I think it might irk some people, but those people’s votes don’t entirely matter.

(And a confession: when I say I vote on format, it’s a threat with absolutely no credibility. People don’t seem to recognise that I have never actually followed it through, but rather, only threatened it.)

I made a few edits, primarily to emphasize Rachel's role in maintaining democratic rule in Balder.

IA, it's indeed written differently. But a few other SC resolutions are written the same way. Examples include: Commend Astarial, Commend mcmasterdonia, Commend Eluvatar, and Commend Improving Wordiness.

What all of these resolutions have in common is that they include either mcm or myself, or both, as one of the co-authors :P .

I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to post here, but could you elaborate the first clause and how Rach was responsible for guaranteeing the security of the region in the early days?

Rach is definitely commendable but I'm wondering if that clause might be a little misleading considering the Lux issue to my recollection was the only security issue and I can't seem to recall Rach having a major role in that.

StG, one thing in particular I had in mind when writing that clause was that Rach was the main reason for the security guarantees provided by Europeia and The New Inquisition. You may recall that the two regions had agreed to sign an agreement to provide protection over the constitutional proceedings. It was a unilateral commitment by both of them.

Additionally, I believe (but I am not 100% sure) that Rachel acted as one of the main forum administrators, even before she was made root. The admins made sure that the proceedings continued to run without interruptions.

Rach is a literal goddess

Is this your first WA resolution? It's SO well written

as for feedback...there was this legend I heard about Solorni (if you wanna include that-- I haven't verified it;) she was the Commander of Europeia Republican Navy and with her military, showed up and CONQUERED Balder (which had been a husk beforehand) and established a Constitutional Monarchy. There were like...40+ updaters?
I haven't asked Rach about this, but I thought that was pretty legendary, it certainly made some noobs starry-eyed.

Disclaimer: this _event_ was 5 years ago which was long before my time so I might be wrong, but when I first heard about it, it amazed me ever since. Not the numbers or anything, but the part about being a Grand Admiral before becoming Queen.

Feedback #2: I'm not sure if talking about admins+offsite forums are legal in SC resolutions, but it probably is.

#3: 4 days ago: The This Is A Great Pre-Title of King HEM dismissed Rachel Anumia as Vice President of Europeia.
4 days ago: King HEM appointed The Lands of Swift Sure as President with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Europeia.

Maybe include Swift Sure? But keep Rachel since she's actually known as Rach (like how if I were to hold a nation named "China" but I'm known as Yuno)

your thing is eloquent so i hope it doesn't violate any SC rules

good luck getting this resolution passed!

-a citizen WA staff member

*notices it's Friday tomorrow*

Post it! :D

Thanks for the feedback, Yuno.

as for feedback...there was this legend I heard about Solorni (if you wanna include that-- I haven't verified it;) she was the Commander of Europeia Republican Navy and with her military, showed up and CONQUERED Balder (which had been a husk beforehand) and established a Constitutional Monarchy. There were like...40+ updaters?
I haven't asked Rach about this, but I thought that was pretty legendary, it certainly made some noobs starry-eyed.

Disclaimer: this _event_ was 5 years ago which was long before my time so I might be wrong, but when I first heard about it, it amazed me ever since. Not the numbers or anything, but the part about being a Grand Admiral before becoming Queen.
It didn't happen exactly like that :P . But this is basically what is referenced in the first substantive paragraph in the proposal.

Feedback #2: I'm not sure if talking about admins+offsite forums are legal in SC resolutions, but it probably is.
Based on what I've seen in other proposals, I believe it is legal. Presumably the rule experts in the SC forum will know more about that once I post it there.

#3: 4 days ago: The This Is A Great Pre-Title of King HEM dismissed Rachel Anumia as Vice President of Europeia.
4 days ago: King HEM appointed The Lands of Swift Sure as President with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Europeia.

Maybe include Swift Sure? But keep Rachel since she's actually known as Rach (like how if I were to hold a nation named "China" but I'm known as Yuno)
Good point, I asked Rach which Europeian nation she wants to have referenced, and changed it to Swift Sure per her wishes.

Back