Zyvetskistaahn

TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
This thread is to record discussions that were had in relation to an inquiry from the Permanent Justice of the High Court of The South Pacific.

October 21, 2017

[5:09 PM] Zyvet: Also, unrelated to the r4r, have either of you got PMs from Kringalia of TSP?
[5:19 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: Haven't recieved any PMs from Kringalia on here
[5:19 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: unsure of on NS
[5:20 PM] Zyvet: Forum PM, that is
[5:20 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: unsure of that oto
[5:20 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: too*
[5:20 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: nope
[5:24 PM] Zyvet: Ok. So, I have had such a PM, as my asking probably gives away. It is thus:

"Hello!

I'm Kringalia, Permanent Justice of the South Pacific. I write because I am handling a legal question, I believe here it's called a request for review, that would benefit from having some context on how the issue is addressed (or not) in our sister regions. I wonder if you would be open to answering a question or two regarding the laws and judicial interpretation of the North Pacific?

Kind regards,

Kringalia
Permanent Justice

Coalition of the South Pacific"

I don't see that there would be any problem in answering (or, at least, I don't see that there would be a problem so long as the questions have actually been resolved), but it seems a tad novel so I thought I ought to check with yourselves on the matter.

I would guess it relates to this LQ in TSP: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-5596.html
[5:25 PM] Zyvet: But it may relate to this one: http://tspforums.xyz/thread-5545.html
[5:39 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: That is novel
[5:39 PM] Sodium MacSalterson, Esq.: hm

October 22, 2017

[1:10 AM] Zyvet: Any views as to how I ought to respond to Kringalia?

As I say, I don't really see the harm in it, provided that any questions are only answered to the extent that the law is obvious/previously decided, but it does seem a little odd. I mean, TNP's law is wholly visible to guests, so it oughtn't be too difficult to define, though I suppose it depends how wide he is casting the net, going through the laws of many regions to find something might be a bit too cumbersome, compared to asking the Chief Justice/equivalent.
[1:11 AM] Zyvet: (to note: the Kringalia related logs haven't been posted to the r4r thread, naturally, but I'll probably make them their own thread at some point)
[1:12 AM] Yalkan: I don't see why not
[1:13 AM] Yalkan: just some harmless questions
[1:14 AM] Yalkan: hopefully
[11:17 PM] Zyvet: I think I'll say that I'm fine with answering questions to the extent that I've indicated here. If there's something which seems to me to be potentially legally controversial in TNP then I'll copy the question here and we can decide how to approach that.
[11:17 PM] Yalkan: Understood. Sounds good

Hello!

I'm Kringalia, Permanent Justice of the South Pacific. I write because I am handling a legal question, I believe here it's called a request for review, that would benefit from having some context on how the issue is addressed (or not) in our sister regions. I wonder if you would be open to answering a question or two regarding the laws and judicial interpretation of the North Pacific?

Kind regards,

Kringalia
Permanent Justice

Coalition of the South Pacific

Hello,

I would be happy to assist to the extent that I am able to. Naturally, where the questions raise issues which have not been resolved in TNP's law it would be inappropriate for me to speculate, due to the restrictions placed on myself and the Court more widely.

Due to the relatively novel nature of your inquiry, I have discussed this with my fellow Justices and our discussion may be released in accordance with the Rules of the Court governing disclosure (any release would most likely be one year from now). Would you have any objection to such disclosure, as it may be relevant to a future decision as to whether or not to disclose (which decision would be made by a future Chief Justice)?

Yours,

Zyvetskistaahn

I have been replied to:

Hello,

I am terribly sorry for the late response. To be perfectly honest, I had so much going on that I forgot to check back. I think it's a shame, because I would have loved to incorporate some insight into how the issue is addressed elsewhere, had there been any precedent related to that.

While it may be too late for this particular discussion to be applicable (I have since released the relevant ruling), I really would have an interest in keeping in touch from time to time, and exploring whether there are any opportunities for exchanges. It would be very interesting to hear your views on North Pacifican law and judicial interpretation over in our shores, and I would be happy to provide any input or insight into our own laws from the South Pacific. I think those would be fantastic educational opportunities, if the chance ever arises.

In any case, I really felt I owed you an explanation, and please do send my best to your fellow justices.

Best regards,

Kringalia
Permanent Justice

Coalition of the South Pacific

Back