mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Okay, so here is the idea that I've had and spoken with George a bit about:

I would like to suggest we hold a convention in City X of Country Y. Essentially the convention would be an opportunity for our RPers to showcase character roleplay instead of national roleplay. So for this reason, no current member of government would attend to prevent falling into the trap of Country X does Y.

I am loosely basing this on the model of the Yogyakarta Principles.

Essentially the gathering, as I have imagined it, would be a gathering of leading human rights advocates. These could include former members of government, academics, and the like, who have come together to propose a series of conventions or agreements that would protect various categories of human rights. For example:

1) Anti discrimination: age, sexuality, sex, religion, ethnicity etc
2) Protection of Children
3) War Crimes

The intention would not be to form an international body or to encourage international enforcement. Instead, the process would be about the formulation of these agreements. It would then be up to individual participants to lobby their home governments to have it introduced into domestic legislation. This would allow all types of nationals to attend the event, and it also means that it does not matter what country hosts this convention - democratic or not.

Please let me know your thoughts!

What would be the rough time line for this event, and how long would each subject be covered(in RL days), or would the pace of time be fluid.

How would the host nation process include, would potential hosts post their bids on the sign-up thread and even though this is region wide would all bids Eras and non-Eras be considered?

Also in the Roleplay Guides & RP Promotion in-game thread you mentioned
How can we effectively promote our offsite roleplay in-game? Particularly for *new* nations.
now would this potentially tie into that as a way to promote the regions RPers and rps to the outside community?

Zeek:
What would be the rough time line for this event, and how long would each subject be covered(in RL days), or would the pace of time be fluid.

How would the host nation process include, would potential hosts post their bids on the sign-up thread and even though this is region wide would all bids Eras and non-Eras be considered?

Also in the Roleplay Guides & RP Promotion in-game thread you mentioned
How can we effectively promote our offsite roleplay in-game? Particularly for *new* nations.
now would this potentially tie into that as a way to promote the regions RPers and rps to the outside community?
I imagine for it to be immersive enough and to give people enough time, we'd need to run it over approximately two weeks. It would be relatively flexible, however we also need to be careful that it does not become stale.

I've approached one nation about hosting it. Yes, I believe that this could be used to promote to new nations. We could do a telegram to the region and invite them to send participants. This would also allow us to cross the Eras/RMB divide, as the Convention would be about characters attending, and not individual nations.

I assume this is going to be on Eras correct? I take it this would be considered canon then?

It's a wonderful idea...

Yukkira:
I assume this is going to be on Eras correct? I take it this would be considered canon then?

It's a wonderful idea...

It would be a RP between characters, rather than between nations. What a character from any given nation may do after the RP is concluded is up to them. For that reason, I imagine it could be open to both. However, in order to keep track of things, the RP would occur on the forum.

Back