-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
The Security Council has proposed a new Line of Succession. It takes into account a variety of factors, with activity level and experience being the two biggest components. The proposed Line of Succession can be found below:
Line of Succession:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Great Bights Mum
3. Lord Ravenclaw
4. McMasterdonia
5. SillyString
6. Bootsie
7. Romanoffia
8. Pallaith
9. Kasch
10. Malvad
The Chair presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Just for reference, I'm gonna put the change in rank for each member here:
1. Vice Delegate
2. Great Bights Mum +0
3. Lord Ravenclaw +3
4. McMasterdonia +3
5. SillyString -2
6. Bootsie +2
7. Romanoffia -3
8. Pallaith +1
9. Kasch +1
10. Malvad -5
I think that's right. Looks like mostly what's going on here is that Raven and McM are moving up, Roman and Malvad are moving down, and other changes are mostly incidental.

Owenstacey:
I agree with it but one question, what is your reason for dropping Romanoffia to where he is?
He's barely around, in game and otherwise for a variety of reasons. Nations are positioned based on their general activity, plus perceived ability to react to a threat in the region promptly.

I would have preferred an election in the event of retirement, rather than a line of succession. I deeply do not like this delve into lineages.

Xyre:
I would have preferred an election in the event of retirement, rather than a line of succession. I deeply do not like this delve into lineages.
This isn't anything like setting up some dynasty of kings. This is in case of a regional emergency where the Delegate or Vice Delegate is in some way forced out of their seat, or in the rare case where one resigns and another needs to take their place temporarily while elections take place. Just like how the United States has a line of succession to the Presidency (Vice President next, then Speaker of the House, etc.) but still has elections.

Speaking as someone who has little experience with TNP SC and having met/conversed with a limited number of the members of the SC, could you Siwale elaborate on the reasons for where each member of the SC falls on the Line of Succession?

I second Artemis' concerns. Although Raven has well-addressed a similar question, regarding ability and activity, I'd like to ask Siwale about the particular reasons, if any.

I would like to preface this by saying that the Line of Succession (LoS) is mainly a formality. In the event of an actual emergency, all members of the Security Council will be actively engaged and the Security Councilor in the best position to secure the Delegacy will likely do so.

List below is mainly my reasoning behind the new LoS. The Security Council has collectively approved the ordering, however, each member's reasoning behind the order may differ.

1. Vice Delegate
In accordance with Article 6, Clause 5 of the Constitution, it is mandated that the Vice Delegate be placed first in the Line of Succession. Nothing new here.

2. Great Bights Mum
Great Bights Mum is a long-standing member of the Council and has demonstrated her commitment to TNP for well over a decade. She has held a number of offices in TNP, including Delegate on multiple occasions. She is an active endotarter and currently holds 3rd place for most endorsements. Finally, she is engaged in the day-to-day business of the council and is a vital asset to the team. GBM has been 2nd in the line of succession for quite some time now and there is no reason to move her down the list at this time.

3. Lord Ravenclaw
Lord Ravenclaw has been serving on the Council for a couple of years now and has been an extremely engaged member. He maintains a strong presence on both the forum and in the game. Raven also has a plethora of knowledge and experience after serving in a variety of positions over the years, including Delegate. He has proven to be an invaluable member of the team.

4. McMasterdonia
McMasterdonia is also a long-standing member of Council, who has returned to full activity after a break early this year. Like the members listed above him, McM has excelled in a number of government positions over the years. He maintains a strong relationship with the TNP community, both on the forum and in the game, and is an excellent member of the team.

5. SillyString
SillyString is another long-standing and engaged member of the Council. The reason for moving her down the LoS is mainly to do with RL commitments, which has causes her activity to fluctuate, as well as her current influence level. She used a good chunk of her influence kicking nations during the Z-day event and needs time to rebuild that influence.

6. Bootsie
Bootsie has been involved with the council for well over a year and half now, dating back to when he was Vice Delegate. He has once again become an active member of the SC, after a brief break a few months ago.

7. Romanoffia
Romanoffia is one of the longest serving members on the council. He has tons of experience after serving in a number of positions over the years. The main reason he is not higher on the list is due to his current level of activity.

8. Pallaith
Pallaith is one of the newest members on the council. He is currently serving a second term as Delegate and has certainly proven himself in this position. He will likely climb on the LoS as he gains more experience on the Council.

9. Kasch
Kasch is the newest member of the council. He is actively engaged with the community and has proven reliable. The main reasoning for placing him so low in the LoS is due to his limited experience as a Security Councillor, when compared to the other members.

10. Malvad
While Malvad has been on the council for quite some time, he has not been a very active member. He is currently working to increase his activity but, for the time being, the SC has agreed that he should be placed at the bottom of the LoS.

Siwale:
I would like to preface this by saying that the Line of Succession (LoS) is mainly a formality. In the event of an actual emergency, all members of the Security Council will be actively engaged and the Security Councilor in the best position to secure the Delegacy will likely do so.
So crazy idea here, but why not just amend the laws to say that the VD is first in the LoS followed by the individual Security Councillors as determined by the group, or something to that effect? With something like that, the RA doesn't have to constantly reapprove changes to the LoS which, by your own admission, would be largely ignored during a time where it would be necessary.

Drasnia:
So crazy idea here, but why not just amend the laws to say that the VD is first in the LoS followed by the individual Security Councillors as determined by the group, or something to that effect? With something like that, the RA doesn't have to constantly reapprove changes to the LoS which, by your own admission, would be largely ignored during a time where it would be necessary.
The input from the Regional Assembly is vital and should not be omitted just for the sake of saving time. The LoS does more than just designate who takes the Delegacy in an emergency. It also determines who takes on the roles and responsibilities of the Vice Delegate during their absence as well as determines who can receive border control powers.

I believe that Malvad should be above Kasch and SillyString should be above McM.

Otherwise, this looks good.

I like the current line of succession, with many others and as such I move for a vote

Lord Ravenclaw:
Owenstacey:
I agree with it but one question, what is your reason for dropping Romanoffia to where he is?
He's barely around, in game and otherwise for a variety of reasons. Nations are positioned based on their general activity, plus perceived ability to react to a threat in the region promptly.
Then why is McM placed so high? They've let their SC membership lapse more than once.

falapatorius:
Lord Ravenclaw:
Owenstacey:
Then why is McM placed so high? They've let their SC membership lapse more than once.
well McM is active at the moment and has been since coming back from their break from NS. They are also Culture Minister, which shows that they are going to be active. So I think that his why, Mcmasterdonia is active and experienced so moved higher up the list.

James Urquhart:
This bill is now in formal debate. Changes may be made to the bill for the next five days, after which a vote will be scheduled.
Mr. Deputy Speaker, as this is a non-legislative proposal surely you should be scheduling a vote instead as per the Standing Procedures?

Back