The Demescian Literature/Journalism Document (D.L/J.D.

TNP Nation
Demescia
TNPRP's lore is ever-expanding, yet literature is probably one of the most underdeveloped aspects. Literature can help you get a better feel about what history and culture in a country is like, in a way that's more expressive than just a history lesson because of the involvement of actual mindsets, recorded on paper in exact words.

Have you ever wondered what Demescian literature is like and how it evolved and what influenced it? Probably not, but you know what? I don't care!
So that the Cartography Team doesn't remove me for inactivity I present to you the D.L/J.D. (Demescian Literature/Journalism Document)! o/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...yKPzz9D2H-YPOLxqnMGOvywRVCq_JHlLXY1j3k4S_/pub

Out of curiosity- you mentioned Guslant settlers having significant influence on Demescian literature. What influence do the nations who colonized Demescia in the colonial age have on Demescian literature? Syrixia, especially, controlled much of Demescia at one time, a fact which prompted me to ask the question. So, a second question- alongside colonial influence on literature in general, can you tell me about Syrixian influence specifically?

I need to speak to others about that, but from generic information I'd say that literature from those colonized/formerly-colonized regions might reflect religion and moral codes from there. I'm thinking maybe stories by Syrixian-Demescians may resemble some important religious events in Rakanism, if it has any, or concepts from it.

As for influence from Syrixia specifically, I kinda developed it based on assumptions. If your nation has sitars and koki, sitars could be used in our variant of rock and pop music, replacing the guitar. Koki, especially in your region, would be a staple in our man?ujoj (basically Scottish munchieboxes but Demescian), as well as other Syrixian foods. Though our man?ujoj varies regionally, so tourists may find other food if they travel to, say, the Gotic north.

There'd be a plethora of Rakanist temples (if y'all have them) and Syrixian inspired murals and architecture in Hetacia. The Rakanist population would be big there, and so would the Syrixian language which would maybe be slightly changed or change other dialects because of the proximity to other regions.

So yeah, big cultural impact.

Proxy of Demescia:
As for influence from Syrixia specifically, I kinda developed it based on assumptions. If your nation has sitars and koki, sitars could be used in our variant of rock and pop music, replacing the guitar. Koki, especially in your region, would be a staple in our man?ujoj (basically Scottish munchieboxes but Demescian), as well as other Syrixian foods. Though our man?ujoj varies regionally, so tourists may find other food if they travel to, say, the Gotic north.

There'd be a plethora of Rakanist temples (if y'all have them) and Syrixian inspired murals and architecture in Hetacia. The Rakanist population would be big there, and so would the Syrixian language which would maybe be slightly changed or change other dialects because of the proximity to other regions.

So yeah, big cultural impact.
Very interesting! Yes, we do have sitars and koki, and we do have Rakanist temples, of course. :P

Same with the Nords; lot of influence on architecture and food (included in our lucxejos/mangxejos). I imagine maybe a good 30% or 40% would be Gotic-descending. You could maybe pass down your saunas and art traditions. I don't know how y'all build your places of worship but they'd be everywhere in the Northern domains.

I actually put in a lot of Nordic-named/Nordic-descended famous people in the country, mostly intelligentsia like journalists, artists, and authors.

Back