Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
RP_Convention_2.png

Trust Nations

Trust nations are nations that have been entrusted into another individual, either to be kept until the player returns to TNPRP, or to keep the canon of important events alive. This convention will talk about these sorts of nations and what to do with those that currently are on the map. Current trust nations include McMasterdonia and Imperium Augustum, two hugely important nation to Eras history.

What do people think about trust nations? Should we have them? Should the system be expanded or reduced? Should we allow newcomers to claim the land of trust nation?

I have a vested interest in this issue, however I'll shoot.

I was discussing with Syrixia recently the difficulties of building up a national history as nations come and go. That is something that cannot be avoided.

However, I think with history of the world, there are some nations that have contributed (and some that will in the future) to some of the founding/defining issues of the culture/history of Eras. I would think that for those nations it is worthwhile to keep them in trust. To expand upon this, perhaps, should I or the Grim Reaper wish to do so, we could allow our nation to be operated as an NPC for the duration of our absence.

mcmasterdonia:
I have a vested interest in this issue, however I'll shoot.

I was discussing with Syrixia recently the difficulties of building up a national history as nations come and go. That is something that cannot be avoided.

However, I think with history of the world, there are some nations that have contributed (and some that will in the future) to some of the founding/defining issues of the culture/history of Eras. I would think that for those nations it is worthwhile to keep them in trust. To expand upon this, perhaps, should I or the Grim Reaper wish to do so, we could allow our nation to be operated as an NPC for the duration of our absence.
I agree as much of my own history is tied to other nations, especially McMastwrdonia, and if he ever left/got removed that'd take a huge chunk of my nation's history and culture away with it.

I also have a good chunk of my history tied in with mcm, I largely agree with his stance that certain nations that have had huge influence can be kept in trust, but we should caution ourselves as to how many nations we allow this for and how much of the map these nations take up. I don't think it's a problem right now though.

Cojedes is a great example of a trust nation. While he was gone, his nation was held in trust due to his great impact in the Northwestern Theater of the Fascist Wars. Now he's back. It's a classic trust nation success story.

Similarly, I have a number of RPs and general invested with IA as the Stan Yera, as well as a secondary nation intrinsically tied to that country (Montañi)

I agree, Trust Nations are a good idea both short term (Break) and long term (Historically important nations.)

I think we should have an RP 'formal' procedure for nations needing to take a short term trust break to let people know. Maybe their application gets posting in the cartography section in a Trust thread and get handled like a map claim. There the cartographers can easily keep track of these nations as 'In Trust'

Also with the historically important nations it'd allow them to return if they ever felt the interest or had the time to return, which I'm assuming by the general nature of historically important nations people would be happy to see.

I think I favour trust nations for only canon important nations and active RPers who are going on a longer break (e.g. a few months). A trust topic in Cartography might be a good idea though.

Syrixia:
Cojedes is a great example of a trust nation. While he was gone, his nation was held in trust due to his great impact in the Northwestern Theater of the Fascist Wars. Now he's back. It's a classic trust nation success story.
Actually probably not the best example to bring up. I wasn't so much holding Cojedes in trust as I was in talks on the best way of dividing up the nation and turning a rump state into an NPC but talks stalled before he returned. xP

St George:
I think I favour trust nations for only canon important nations and active RPers who are going on a longer break (e.g. a few months). A trust topic in Cartography might be a good idea though.
I think that the creation of a trust nation thread in Cartography would be a great idea to keep track of it all.

I also think that McM has a good idea in that major nations that go into trust-mode are considered NPCs - they're too important to let go easily.

Back