-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
The Security Council has nominated Kasch for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was unanimous, with 4 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions and 4 non-voting members.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Personally I have no problems with his application as he has proved that he is a perfectly competent, trustworthy, and capable member of this region.

I have some questions, however, most of those that I've asked recent applicants have been answered in the recent election campaign so there aren't too many.

The Council will, presuming that you and Plembobria are confirmed, have eleven members (the Vice Delegate included), making it larger than it has been for some time, though not, I think, larger than it has ever been. Do you think that there is some upper-bound on the number of Councillors that their ought to be? Do you think that we may be near that upper-bound at present?

What would you look for in a prospective Councillor? Are there any broad standards you might personally look to apply (past service in office, for example, or a length of time in the region)?

Do you remain supportive of a press towards greater transparency in the Council, through the alteration of the rules of the Council so as to provide for a system of disclosure?

The Council will, presuming that you and Plembobria are confirmed, have eleven members (the Vice Delegate included), making it larger than it has been for some time, though not, I think, larger than it has ever been. Do you think that there is some upper-bound on the number of Councillors that their ought to be? Do you think that we may be near that upper-bound at present?
Provided that the Security Council and the Regional Assembly vote in favour of admitting an applicant to the Council, they deserve that place. The SC and RA are not easy to impress and will come at applicants with candour and blunt truth. Whether we have eleven SCers or twenty, if they have all been voted in favour of admittance, then I have no issues with the number.
What would you look for in a prospective Councillor? Are there any broad standards you might personally look to apply (past service in office, for example, or a length of time in the region)?
Prospective Councillors must have shown leadership, composure, responsibility and experience over the course of their time in the North Pacific. The standard for a prospective Councillor, however, cannot be objectively measured and is only set within the eye of the observer. The aforementioned standards are simply my own.
Do you remain supportive of a press towards greater transparency in the Council, through the alteration of the rules of the Council so as to provide for a system of disclosure?
I do remain in support, yes. Some things are in need of disclosure, so, therefore, a system must exist to facilitate that. Some things are not in need of disclosure, so, therefore, a system must exist to differentiate what is considered declassifiable and what is not.

Kasch:
Provided that the Security Council and the Regional Assembly vote in favour of admitting an applicant to the Council, they deserve that place. The SC and RA are not easy to impress and will come at applicants with candour and blunt truth. Whether we have eleven SCers or twenty, if they have all been voted in favour of admittance, then I have no issues with the number.
Not sure about Zyvet, but I'd prefer an answer on what you think. For example, would you vote against an applicant in either the SC or RA vote if you believe there are enough or too many Councillors? Would it influence your vote in any way? Do you see any downsides to having too many in the Council?

For example, would you vote against an applicant in either the SC or RA vote if you believe there are enough or too many Councillors?
No. I would vote against if I believed that they did not deserve to be nominated for a seat. The number of current Councillors would not play such a large role in my vote that I would consider voting a certain way. If I did believe that they deserve to be nominated, I wouldn't vote against.
Would it influence your vote in any way?
It would only have an effect on my vote if the number of SCers was absurdly high, to the point where it is almost as large as some ministries. Although I doubt this would ever happen.
Do you see any downsides to having too many in the Council?
Yes. Having too much of anything is bad.

Does anyone have any more questions they would like me to answer? It's been over a week since anything has been posted here.

Mister Speaker, this nomination is at vote and said vote should have closed eight days ago. Has something happened to prolong the vote beyond what was listed in the voting thread?

Also, with people voting continually since beyond the stated date of closure, I've not seen an oath of office from Kasch. Does that mean the 7 days to swear the oath has passed?

Back