mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
moce_seal.png

Welcome to the new Cultural Affairs Ministry! Now with 25% more staff and 30% more trolling.

Firstly I would like to thank the Delegate for the appointment to this position. I am delighted to be taking on a position within the executive government that I have not previously held before and I am looking forward to the challenge.

My first act as Minister has been to process the significant backlog of executive staff applications. The Ministry of Culture is currently working with the smallest number of staff, despite our few in number, I am sure with our passion and hardwork we will produce fantastic results for the North Pacific over the coming months.

My second act will be to appoint SillyString as my first Deputy Minister. Silly has done an excellent job running and operating our regional holidays events and she will continue to lead these initiatives as well as contribute to the general activities of the ministry. Now go take your oath

My priorities are set out as follows:

Role Play

In role play (RP) I see a number of areas where the Cultural Affairs Ministry can support the tremendous work of our RP Moderators and RP community on the forum.

I intend to launch a revival of the Stories of TNP initiative implemented under the administration of R3naissanc3r, with a slightly different twist. While this previous iteration featured stories more broadly, I intend to use this new activity as a way of encouraging participating in role play, setting an example of the high standard of RP in this community, and featuring the fantastic work of TNPers. This will be implemented over a series of themes to be announced by the Culture Ministry (to allow individuals the opportunity to prepare) with subsequent winners receiving awards and having their work featured in-game and on the regional forum.

My second initiative will be to support the existing RP news outlets on our forum with the distribution networks of the Ministry and promote these works to the region (in the form of Culture press releases). My final initiative will be to explore the use of in-game polls for the purposes of choose your own adventure activities and other RP related events. Expect more on this topic in the coming weeks.

Regional Holidays

TNP has two holidays coming up over the next term. These are specifically Creation Day and Founders Day. Deputy Minister SillyString will be overseeing these regional holidays and we can expect great things once more in this area.

Events

Regional events more broadly will also be a focus of the Cultural Affairs staff for the coming term. The headline event will be a friendship fair (final name to be settled) to be attended by all allies and friends. This event will be hosted in the first half of the term and will take up a considerable amount of the time for the staff as we wish for this to be a huge success. A second large scale event will be hosted over the Christmas period, which will be open more broadly to all international partners who wish to attend.

Other events that the Cultural Affairs Ministry will explore will include on-site RMB based events, Discord events (Community voice chats, movie nights, AMA sessions, Cabinet QandA's, ETC). I would like to appoint another deputy Minister to focus on this area in particular. If you are interested, please drop me a message or telegram.

Games, Awards and other fun

I would like to explore further cooperation between Cultural Affairs and the Ministry of Communications in their publications of the Northern Lights. Particularly a regular column on 'fake news' written by the Cultural Affairs staff I believe would add a degree of fun and hilarity to the Northern Lights releases (particularly if taken seriously by the wider community).

Secondly, I feel that the games section on the forum can use a refresh and will be looking for different ideas to make this area even more vibrant and than it already is. The University is in a similar boat, and I would like the Cultural Affairs Ministry to encourage discussion of real life issues and current events to keep the area buzzing with activity.

Thirdly, I believe that we are about due for a new round of TNP awards. These are always a lot of fun and a great way to engage people both game side and forum side.

I am also seeking a Deputy Minister who is interested in working in this area. If you are interested please send me a message or a telegram.

That is all for now! If you have any questions/feedback/or other suggestions please let me know.

To add to the above, Goyannes will be staying on as Deputy Minister for the coming term.

Artemis will be joining the Culture team as a Deputy Minister with responsibilities for graphic design, in addition to general duties.

His Majesty:
To add to the above, Goyannes will be staying on as Deputy Minister for the coming term.

Artemis will be joining the Culture team as a Deputy Minister with responsibilities for graphic design, in addition to general duties.[/quote]Thank you for the opportunity to work with Culture as a Deputy Minister :) I look forward to it :)

Back