Democracy Day Accounting

Discord
COE#7110
OK, the pocket constitutions are finally in the mail. Here's a full accounting of how the money raised via Kickstarter was used:

Description[c]Amount[c]Running Balance[c]Gross Kickstarter Pledges[c]$477[c]$477[c]Kickstarter Fees[c]($41.35)[c]$435.65[c]Booklet Production (including shipping to COE)[c]($153.33)[c]$281.32[c]Bank Fees[c]($1)[c]$280.32[c]Mailing supplies[c]($17.08)[c]$263.24[c]3 month PO Box (to receive returned mail, while protecting COE's privacy)[c]($26)[c]$237.24[c]Postage[c]($75.95)[c]$161.29

I'm transferring the remaining funds into a savings account where it can be used for the 2018 constitution. We could probably lower the pledge amounts for next year to avoid having as much left over, and/or make fancier booklets and backer rewards.

One thing I am definitely going to look into next year is going to a LOCAL print shop instead of an online business. Not only will it save us some money on shipping, but probably also a lot of time. I hated that we couldn't mail these out until almost a full two months after constitution day. Maybe next year we could take pre-orders earlier in the year, and then try and mail them around constitution day. Any thoughts?

Back