The New Proposed LoS
  1. Vice Delegate
  2. Great Bights Mum
  3. Lord Ravenclaw
  4. SillyString
  5. McMasterdonia
  6. Romanoffia
  7. Malvad
This proposed list takes into account many different variables and tries to find the perfect balance between the members of the Security Council in terms of reliability, experience, composure, consistency and past experience in holding the Delegacy. It is now presented to The Regional Assembly for discussion and voting.
1. Since Pallaith failed to post their oath of office and nobody seemed to realize, he was never an official member of the SC and is therefore excluded from this proposed LoS.

I took a few minutes the other day and I couldn't find the current line of succession for the life of me, I'm sure its somewhere obvious, but if someone could provide a link to it that would be swell.

Altmoras:
I took a few minutes the other day and I couldn't find the current line of succession for the life of me, I'm sure its somewhere obvious, but if someone could provide a link to it that would be swell.
I thought a comment would never come! :P

It's here.

In case someone looks at the government page and feels confused, the security council is always listed as per their line of succession, with the Vice Delegate being #1.

Thanks guys.

As comment on the proposal itself I'm a fan of keeping Sillystring as 3rd in line unless she would like to be placed lower. Other than that I'm in favor of the proposed reshuffle.

Altmoras:
Thanks guys.

As comment on the proposal itself I'm a fan of keeping Sillystring as 3rd in line unless she would like to be placed lower. Other than that I'm in favor of the proposed reshuffle.
If I may ask since you didn't go into detail, why would you prefer it if SS was at 3rd in line?

Kasch:
Altmoras:
Thanks guys.

If I may ask since you didn't go into detail, why would you prefer it if SS was at 3rd in line?
It's mostly that I don't see the need to demote her to 4th. All due respect to Raven, but Sillystring has been more consistently active, and they both have similar qualifications and experience. Or at least that's the impression I get.

Granted I've only been back for a month so I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Altmoras:
Kasch:
Altmoras:
Thanks guys.

It's mostly that I don't see the need to demote her to 4th. All due respect to Raven, but Sillystring has been more consistently active, and they both have similar qualifications and experience. Or at least that's the impression I get.

Granted I've only been back for a month so I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Her activity presents a problem within itself. She is active in the executive and therefore may have priorities that differ from Raven regarding the SC.

If I may, it would seem to me that this proposal might be better served being delayed for a short while and, perhaps, being revised slightly further. There are a few applicants to the Council at the moment who, if confirmed (as one presumes they will be), would simply be added to the end of this new line, potentially throwing off the balancing that has went into it.

Now when it concerns the LoS why isn't the amount of ones influence not added into the factor? Being active and have knowledge of the position is nice and all, but should a event occur that both the delegate and VD go rouge or were sleepers, I would hope the 3rd in line would at least have enough influence to banject those who were "in on" the (attempted)"coup".

I point this out(and ask this) because the recent events in Lazarus, where in Funkadelia had to spend so much influence to keep the attempted coup plotters at bay.

Now i will say that I don't believe any of those listed in this proposal will have any difficulties with spending influence and have to worry about their influence becoming too low, I am however mentioning in a worst case scenario in a future event, which hopefully will never happen.

Also since the LoS is very fluid and can with ease change when a new member is added to the SS(as Zyvet pointed out), should their not be a more streamlined process that the LoS can be changed with out it always having to go through the legislative process?

Zeek:
Now when it concerns the LoS why isn't the amount of ones influence not added into the factor? Being active and have knowledge of the position is nice and all, but should a event occur that both the delegate and VD go rouge or were sleepers, I would hope the 3rd in line would at least have enough influence to banject those who were "in on" the (attempted)"coup".

I point this out(and ask this) because the recent events in Lazarus, where in Funkadelia had to spend so much influence to keep the attempted coup plotters at bay.

Now i will say that I don't believe any of those listed in this proposal will have any difficulties with spending influence and have to worry about their influence becoming too low, I am however mentioning in a worst case scenario in a future event, which hopefully will never happen.

Also since the LoS is very fluid and can with ease change when a new member is added to the SS(as Zyvet pointed out), should their not be a more streamlined process that the LoS can be changed with out it always having to go through the legislative process?
I expect that in an actual emergency situation such as you describe the highest Influence nation would be the first removed from the region. And if that were not the case then all of the members of the SC would be attempting to secure higher numbers of endorsements in order to take the Delegacy.

The LoS is for an ordered succession in the event of inactivity/deletion/whatever, not necessarily the order in which a liberation attempt following a coup would seek to place nations into the Delegacy.

At least that is how I always have seen it. Others may disagree.

Zyvetskistaahn:
If I may, it would seem to me that this proposal might be better served being delayed for a short while and, perhaps, being revised slightly further. There are a few applicants to the Council at the moment who, if confirmed (as one presumes they will be), would simply be added to the end of this new line, potentially throwing off the balancing that has went into it.
I'll agree here. At the time we did not anticipate the applications of Bootsie and Plembobria moving forward beyond questioning at that time, or expect Ghost would need reconfirmation.

I've always seen the LoS as more or less a formality. It is helpful for maintaining order during a VD absence for example. But if all hell breaks loose, whichever SC member is in the best position to recover the delegacy is going to be the lead nation. While the SC likes to plan ahead, situations on the ground can become quite unpredictable. As every single member of the SC is competent to take over during a crisis, I've never been too concerned about how the LoS is ordered here.

I will amend this draft once all of the ongoing applications have been processed. For now, discussion-only is preferred.

Back