OOC Involvement of the people

Question for you... of the three nations mentioned in your RP so far (Darcania, Samaria and Egalitor)... have you reached out to any of those players and gotten permission from them/made sure they want to be involved? RP is a cooperative effort and if you want others to join, you either need to reach out to people via private messages on the forum or on Discord and discuss their involvement first or leave the RP entirely open and let others join when they want.

One concern I have is how Egalotir was dragged in.
Little do they know that the radar of Egolatir has seen them and the ships are starting to prepare for a possible battle. The white flag under the Draconicsian flag over all ships doesn't seem to be doing it's job.
One of the fundamental rules of RP is that you never decide another player's actions for them. This is one of the definitions of "godmodding." (The other being making yourself so ridiculously overpowered that nobody stands a chance against you")

While you could say that you've "entered Egalotirian waters, white flags raised to signal peaceful entry," you cannot say that "Egolatir spotted them and that Egolatirian ships are readying for battle," because you've then decided that Egolatir is acting with hostility, when maybe the player would have responded peacefully, or given that they don't appear to have signed up for the RP, simply chosen to ignore it.

sorry, im still considered new to this foorm of rp and I haven't had much help from anyone JUST critizism and possibly annoyance. I guess i just though that many ships that can easily be a declaration of war and endanger other citizens could have sparked something, sorry for that. I just haven't been able to rp with anyone and I really want to, sorry for not rping like the way others do. I can just erase everything P put in the post if you want me to and start at square one? plus I wans't trying to say that noone else can stand against me I never said that.

When done in good faith, criticism is help, only that it is reactive rather than proactive. You've made a decision, and now we're explaining how a problem or rules violation has occurred.

I wasn't saying that you posed as someone that the world cannot stand against. That was a proactive "Hey, watch out for this and don't make this mistake." Understand that every piece of information helps, whether someone appears benevolent or annoyed, the latter of which I'm not.

I heard Darcania turned you down. I'm not sure how to fix that with your ships already enroute if Darcania doesn't wish to make a post. Maybe there was a breakdown a short distance away from Draconics and your convoy had to turn around. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Remember that RP is a collaborative effort, and communication comes first. With all three of them, you cannot just insert them into the story if they don't want to be a part of it. I would ask around in PMs or ask everyone in the RP Discord if there is interest, and explain the story idea you have ahead of time. Talk to us!

Finally, don't give up. I saw you deleted your story. You shouldn't have. There was still a chance to recover it, and we're willing to help.

Sil Dorsett:
When done in good faith, criticism is help, only that it is reactive rather than proactive. You've made a decision, and now we're explaining how a problem or rules violation has occurred.

I wasn't saying that you posed as someone that the world cannot stand against. That was a proactive "Hey, watch out for this and don't make this mistake." Understand that every piece of information helps, whether someone appears benevolent or annoyed, the latter of which I'm not.

I heard Darcania turned you down. I'm not sure how to fix that with your ships already enroute if Darcania doesn't wish to make a post. Maybe there was a breakdown a short distance away from Draconics and your convoy had to turn around. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Remember that RP is a collaborative effort, and communication comes first. With all three of them, you cannot just insert them into the story if they don't want to be a part of it. I would ask around in PMs or ask everyone in the RP Discord if there is interest, and explain the story idea you have ahead of time. Talk to us!

Finally, don't give up. I saw you deleted your story. You shouldn't have. There was still a chance to recover it, and we're willing to help.
I'm sorry

Back