Zyvetskistaahn

TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Bootsie is not a citizen, and so isn't able to comment directly in the thread presently being used by the Assembly for discussion of his application to join the Security Council. I have started this thread in order that he might be able to answer questions raised there, as well as for questions to be asked of him here.

Assembly discussion.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Bootsie, can you tell us why you are reapplying for the security council, but not for citizenship?
I too would like to ask as to why the application for membership of the Council is being made prior to (or without) an application for citizenship.

Additionally, I would like to ask about whether the applicant considers the present state of disclosure of information from the Security Council to be adequate and whether they would, if on the Council, support the amendment of the Rules of the Council so as to create a disclosure mechanism? (particularly, though not exclusively, I would like to know whether the applicant considers the present state of disclosure in relation to discussion of applicants to the Council to be appropriate, given the paucity of information that it leaves this Assembly to make its decision with)

My original intention was to outright leave NationStates for good. My activity is not as stable as it used to be. I was reached out to by Raven and he asked me to consider rejoining the Council.

I do not plan to hold an elected office outside of my duties as a Security Councillor, nor can I guarantee I could post enough to maintain citizenship, so citizenship is not necessarily a step I feel I need to take.

As for disclosure, I believe unless it could be a security risk, or so much time has elapsed, it may be released. The exact times, I’d definitely have to talk to the rest of the Council.

Even though it does lack the Regional Assembly of necessary information about the applicant, I believe it would be a security risk to open up discussions of applicants.

It doesn't look like you've made any effort to raise your endorsement count recently. You've lost about 250 endorsements in the last four months, and you haven't returned the endorsement of the nine nations that endorsed you in the past two weeks.

What assurances can you give that you will be active enough to maintain the required endorsement and influence requirements to remain on the council?

I’m actually going to tart tomorrow, which happens to be my next day off work.

There is no doubt that I won’t lose my place on the Council due to influence or endorsements, I’ve never had problems maintaining that count as a Security Councillor, nor do I plan to start that trend.

Bootsie:
As for disclosure, I believe unless it could be a security risk, or so much time has elapsed, it may be released. The exact times, I’d definitely have to talk to the rest of the Council.

Even though it does lack the Regional Assembly of necessary information about the applicant, I believe it would be a security risk to open up discussions of applicants.
For clarity, you would support the creation of a disclosure regime, provided that information was only disclosed after the passage of some amount of time and subject to a condition that it does not risk regional security?

If I may, does it not render this Assembly a meaningless rubber stamp if it lacks information necessary to make a decision that is independent from that of the Council?

Zyvetskistaahn:
Bootsie:

For clarity, you would support the creation of a disclosure regime, provided that information was only disclosed after the passage of some amount of time and subject to a condition that it does not risk regional security?

If I may, does it not render this Assembly a meaningless rubber stamp if it lacks information necessary to make a decision that is independent from that of the Council?
1. That is correct.

2. The Security Council will always use a space as a way to say outright why they are or aren’t voting for a certain applicant, though sometimes that reason could be just the applicant is super suspicious. Now, if we could work out a way that the Council and Assembly could work together to achieve a risk-free system of approving applications, then I’d definitely be in favor.

There have been two recent applications to the Security Council which require the Council to vote on whether to nominate the applicant or not (Siwale's and Pallaith's), you probably won't be on the Council in time to vote on either of these (the vote on Siwale's having already concluded and Pallaith's is due to conclude before the likely conclusion of this Assembly's vote on your application). If you had been on the Council in time, how would you have voted in relation to each applicant, what concerns would you have, and what do you think are the merits of each applicant?

What is your view on the exemption from Council nomination which those previously nominated to the Council enjoy? Do you think that the Council should consider revoking any of its previous nominations (that is, are there any previous nominees you specifically think ought to have their nominations revoked and do you think it should generally be part of the practice of the Council to review its previous nominees to discover if any particular nominee ought to have their nominations revoked)?

You say that Raven reached out to you in connection with rejoining the Council, may I ask what I was that persuaded you to accept his outreach and to rejoin the Council?

EDIT: In your estimation, would discussion of an amendment to the rules of the Council in order to provide for the disclosure of information require secrecy, considering the abstract nature of such a discussion?

As a point of note, Bootsie agreed to reapply/rejoin after I expressively laid out the diminished numbers situation facing the security council with some private commentary that I will not share here and further highlighted that I will be unavailable for much of the next three weeks (which I have been vocal about in public).

Conversely, I have also contacted McMasterdonia and Plembobria in the same manner.

As a reminder, Bootsie was Vice Delegate for eight months in 2016 and there were times, this time last year, where I was unavailable due to poor internet and the fact that due to that poor internet, I used my entire monthly allowance of data in two to three days. Despite him being elected against my preferred candidate in January 2016, we did grow to have a strong and open working relationship which benefited both branches of government as a whole during my Delegacy. That sort of working relationship, and the friendship that comes from it is not so easily forgotten especially when it comes to highly trusted, and recognisable figures to serve as members of the Security Council.

When we hit a dire situation with diminished numbers, and activity during this period, the first point of call is previous members in good standing who can and perhaps may, retake up the vigil - ideally so some of us can take a break and not have to spend our summer doing things on a browser game.

If I may, my questions were put to Bootsie, not yourself, because I wanted to know his answer as to why he thought it necessary to return to activity on the basis of your intervention and why that outweighed his wish to minimise NationStates involvement in favour of Real Lifetm. I asked no disclosure of you, nor why he was contacted particularly, only his thoughts.

Zyvetskistaahn:
There have been two recent applications to the Security Council which require the Council to vote on whether to nominate the applicant or not (Siwale's and Pallaith's), you probably won't be on the Council in time to vote on either of these (the vote on Siwale's having already concluded and Pallaith's is due to conclude before the likely conclusion of this Assembly's vote on your application). If you had been on the Council in time, how would you have voted in relation to each applicant, what concerns would you have, and what do you think are the merits of each applicant?

What is your view on the exemption from Council nomination which those previously nominated to the Council enjoy? Do you think that the Council should consider revoking any of its previous nominations (that is, are there any previous nominees you specifically think ought to have their nominations revoked and do you think it should generally be part of the practice of the Council to review its previous nominees to discover if any particular nominee ought to have their nominations revoked)?

You say that Raven reached out to you in connection with rejoining the Council, may I ask what I was that persuaded you to accept his outreach and to rejoin the Council?

EDIT: In your estimation, would discussion of an amendment to the rules of the Council in order to provide for the disclosure of information require secrecy, considering the abstract nature of such a discussion?
Siwale and Pallaith have definitely risen through the ranks very quickly, and are both very active and very hard workers. The difference I would see is that Pallaith has proven himself to be worthy of holding the Delegacy in case of a rogue Delegate, I'm not so sure with Siwale though, not that I think they are rogue, just that they might crumble under pressure. I think Siwale would be a good future Councillor, just not now.

If the Council thinks it should revoke nominations, it should. The uniqueness of the Council is that usually former members are usually expected to not have their time on the Council end, so usually no one is admitted that the Council would not graciously ask to return. Now, if they soil their title, then yes, by all means, the Council should revoke that nomination.

My actions were premature. I have reapplied for citizenship and of course, reapplied for the Security Council. I doubt I'll hold another office besides this one, but I owe it to my region to serve in this capacity.

EDIT: Totally missed your edit. Not necessarily. If we'd be talking more numerical values for disclosure and not "hey, this is what we're not disclosing" it could be public. Honestly, what can be public should be public, but what would be a security risk should obviously not be public. I could see either way.

Back