-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
Bootsie:
I, Guslantis, an Apprentice with 670 endorsements and 320,014 SPDR (third in the region, mind you) wish to apply for the Security Council.
Bootsie has applied to rejoin the Security Council. As they were previously nominated by the SC, their re-application is to be presented to the Regional Assembly.

As Bootsie was a Security Counciller previously, I believe that the nomination be accepted by the RA

I agree.

Bootsie has the experience, maturity and the knowledge, having been a member previously. There is next to no doubt about it.

I think we can all agree that Bootsie is more than qualified for this position. What concerns me, however, is his level of activity. Bootsie has largely been inactive now for 2 months besides the occasional RP post or discord message. He resigned from his positions as Speaker, Security Councillor, and Citizen earlier this month stating that he is moving on from NS. It is great to see him making an effort to get more involved again and I hope too see more of him around. But this new level of involvement should be demonstrated before he is readmitted to the Security Council.

I have not been around for the last few months either, does that make me ineligible for the security council based on that criteria? Bootsie was part of the executive from mid 2015 until May.

Surely, he was allowed a short break?

The positives heavily outweigh the negatives in this case (of which there are barely any worthy of concern).

I'm in agreement that the positives heavily outweigh the negatives here (even though there aren't any negatives.) I see no reason to not allow Bootsie to rejoin the Security Council.

I believe Bootsie is perfectly suited to rejoin the council and there are few negative against the many positives of him being in the council.

I believe Bootsie's resignation from the SC was premature and an example of taking greater care than he actually needed to prepare for reduced activity. This application is, in my view, simply him correcting that. His application is certainly welcome in any case, if this were him running for office again I think I would have a different view. There are many factors to consider when accepting SC applicants and he definitely hits all the right notes with pretty much all of them.

#bringbootsieback

Zyvetskistaahn:
Bootsie is not a citizen, and so isn't able to comment directly in this thread. I have started a thread in order that he might be able to answer questions raised here, as well as for questions to be asked of him there.

Questions to Bootsie
Thank you!

Back