[DRAFT] Repeal 'Extrajudicial Punishment Ban'

Whereas the prevalence of mob violence and other extrajudicial activities is not caused by the lack of prohibition, but rather, by the inability or unwillingness of enforce protections for civilians:

And whereas practically all nations will have laws against murder and assault, covering the entirety of what this resolution would prohibit:

And whereas discrimination insofar in a failure to provide equal protection under the law is already prohibited by World Assembly law, specifically, in Article I(a) of the Charter of Civil Rights:

And whereas section 2(ii) of the resolution is unclear in that the phrase 'subject to the sentencing of the differing jurisdictions of their respective legal systems' could mean either that: (a) multiple sentences for each jurisdiction are applied to a single crime, making a mockery of justice, or (b) block the World Assembly from establishing oversight capacity if interpreted exclusively:

And whereas section 2(i) of the resolution is unable to achieve its ends in that writing words to paper without the use of force for enforcement has non-existent effects on a mob:

And whereas the first clarification clause is problematic, since practically unlimited retribution can be effected whilst the 'appropriate representatives' are in transit:

And whereas no real harms will be caused to anyone anywhere by repeal, as World Assembly law already protects member nation inhabitants to an adequate degree insofar as those protections can be reasonably provided:

Now, therefore, be it enacted by the World Assembly, by and with the advice and consent of its members, and by the authority of the same, that the resolution entitled Extrajudicial Punishment Ban be repealed.

I would also add that the resolution is against punishing criminals before they are convicted, which would prohibit criminals being placed in jail before their trial. Instead, the resolution promotes allowing them to run free until their trial, regardless if they are obviously guilty.

Otherwise, looks good.

Mystery Player:
I would also add that the resolution is against punishing criminals before they are convicted, which would prohibit criminals being placed in jail before their trial. Instead, the resolution promotes allowing them to run free until their trial, regardless if they are obviously guilty.
How so is this true?

Back