Citrus for Speaker!

Citrus Maximus for Speaker 2017
Greetings fellow TNP members! My name is Citrus Maximus, first of I would like to thank you for reading this and I hope the things I propose will appease to your interests! Though I've only been on the North Pacific forums for a few months I found the overall system of this place rather fascinating and that is why I want to run for Speaker!

My first action if I am elected is for the members of the North Pacific to get more information about what is going on in the Assembly, as I feel that most members don't have a clue of what is going on in their region and there are a lot of members in the North Pacific who would contribute greatly to the community if only they knew what was going on in it.

My second act would be to recruit a Deputy Speakers to help me with the duty's as Speaker as I don't think going alone is the best route for me. It will also give me the chance to see the potential future Speaker's of this region.

My third act will give the citizens of the North Pacific a voice by giving them the ability to ask me questions, recommend things for the assembly or for them to just state their opinion on the current status of the North Pacific Government.

My fourth act will be to get more people active in the North Pacific forums and increase the amount of people in here. Most people avoid the forums as they are "too complicated" and "way to hard to understand" but I aim to ease the process of getting used to the forums and get more people interested in the North Pacific.

Finally I aim to speed up the process of becoming a citizen, by preforming check on the citizens threads regularly and by encouraging nations on the RMB to join. Most nations in the North Pacific haven't even been to the forums and I want to change that.

Well that's all! Thanks for reading to the end, you've just earned yourself a cookie! Anyway any Questions and feedback would be much appreciated as I need all the advice I can get. I wish good luck to all my competitors and I wish them the best in the elections. Thanks for reading, peace. :tnp:

Please learn how to use the apostrophe.

generally, we look for a Speaker with experience rather than one who seeks to learn on the job. Why did you not consider serving as a deputy speaker for a while to learn the ropes, THEN running for the top office.

flemingovia:
Please learn how to use the apostrophe.

generally, we look for a Speaker with experience rather than one who seeks to learn on the job. Why did you not consider serving as a deputy speaker for a while to learn the ropes, THEN running for the top office.
I'll have to work on apostrophes. :P

Thank you for your advice, I plan on applying for Deputy Speaker when/if I lose

Please be more specific about your third and fourth acts. What do you mean exactly by giving citizens a voice? How will you make the forums more active?

BaasRed:
Please be more specific about your third and fourth acts. What do you mean exactly by giving citizens a voice? How will you make the forums more active?
I will make the forums more active by, explaining and helping people ease into the process of becoming a citizen in the North Pacific
forums. A lot of people on the rmb aren't associated in the North Pacific at all and I want to change that. And the part were I said I was going to give a voice to the people meant I will take in questions, ideas etc

Citrus Maximus:
I will make the forums more active by, explaining and helping people ease into the process of becoming a citizen in the North Pacific
forums. A lot of people on the rmb aren't associated in the North Pacific at all and I want to change that.
We have a ministry that focuses on this. Why do you think the Speaker needs to add this to their heavy workload?

Siwale:
Citrus Maximus:
forums. A lot of people on the rmb aren't associated in the North Pacific at all and I want to change that.
We have a ministry that focuses on this. Why do you think the Speaker needs to add this to their heavy workload?
Well I just don't see most of the active nations on the forums, plus I have a lot of spare time so taking in more work would be fine

After much consideration I have decided to stop running for Speaker and I have decided to try to become Deputy Speaker. Thank you all for your advice and support. Peace
- Citrus Maximus

Flemingovia made a fair point. I would say that in some cases we can tolerate someone learning on the job provided they go in with a plan and have support to help them navigate easier. I was such a candidate when I ran for Speaker, but this point in time would be hard for someone new to go in given how bare the office is at the moment. I am glad you changed your plan and hope if you are selected to be a deputy you will be an asset to the office and learn what you need to be helpful to the region too. We need people to pursue this important work, so thank you.

Pallaith:
Flemingovia made a fair point. I would say that in some cases we can tolerate someone learning on the job provided they go in with a plan and have support to help them navigate easier. I was such a candidate when I ran for Speaker, but this point in time would be hard for someone new to go in given how bare the office is at the moment. I am glad you changed your plan and hope if you are selected to be a deputy you will be an asset to the office and learn what you need to be helpful to the region too. We need people to pursue this important work, so thank you.
It's an honour to be given advice from such wise people, thank you and everyone else for the advice. I'm glad I chose to take the easy route rather than being at the top first. I hope I will be able to run for Speaker in the next election or pursue another position in the North Pacific.

Citrus Maximus:
Pallaith:
It's an honour to be given advice from such wise people, thank you and everyone else for the advice. I'm glad I chose to take the easy route rather than being at the top first. I hope I will be able to run for Speaker in the next election or pursue another position in the North Pacific.
Don't call deputy speaker easy until you've tried it. There's still time for you to realize that pursuing this line of work was a mistake. :P

Back