A Fantasy World

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Earlier tonight there was a discussion on the TNP RP Discord Server about whether or not to make a fantasy world in the new Non-Eras subforum. The world would be mostly high fantasy. This is what that discussion ironed out specifically:

1. Any race, including humans, would be allowed, and you could make your own race if you wished.
2. The world would not have one interconnected nature/one true God, a la Eru Iluvatar from LOTR. Each nation would be allowed to choose its faith. (Ideally it would make its own faith) There would, however, be magic, wizards, etc.
3. No direct references to Eras would be allowed.
4. Machinery would be allowed, to an extent. No hypertechnological societies/WiFi/television, etc. Think magic-powered mining machinery or something similar.

What do you guys think? Do you guys like the idea? Do you guys think this fantasy world will have a good run/not die? Any further suggestions? Comments are welcome!

Yalkan:
Who thought this was a good idea?
Pretty much everyone I talked to about it. You can take a look at the discussion yourself in Discord, unless a number of people want it posted here.

Nogori:
Ha I can have my 40 million man army now.
Let's not go that far. One thing that won't be tolerated here, just like all RP, is godmodding. As was said in Discord, though, this could be made to work.

I'm sorry, but I feel like time would be better spent focusing on our Eras nations. Maybe one off fantasy stories would work well, but an entire 2nd world seems a bit much. Plus, I think the point of the Non-Eras subforum was to provide a place for NS-centric RPers to do their thing.

Hmm. All valid points and statements from both sides. Thank you all for your input whether it was from Discord or from here.

From what I can gather, some people are interested and others aren't. So here's my idea. I'm going to make the world, to give it a test run. If it winds up dead, oh well; if not, great; then more people could come.

We'll see what happens. I myself am feeling optimistic.

I have to echo Sil's statement. With how slow moving RP is in general and the fact that there are very few actual active RP'ers on a week to week basis, creating a fantasy world is just going to draw away from the Eras RP section. I personally would rather focus on my Eras nations and fleshing out their history and details then starting all over and creating a new nation from the ground up at the expense of my other two.

Nightsong:
I personally would rather focus on my Eras nations and fleshing out their history and details then starting all over and creating a new nation from the ground up at the expense of my other two.
If that's what you want to do, by all means go ahead. But I know that a bunch of people are interested, so I figured I'd go along with this idea I had. It's up to you to take part in it or not.

RnUZ6SK.png

NOTE: This is the physical map. I'll make a political map variant tomorrow, as tomorrow map claims will be starting.

Since this is going to most likely diverge far off the norms, there should probably be a thread devoted to what people's lands are like, or at least as much as they would like people to know at the moment. So maybe make a thread where people can do a one post 'factbook' that they keep up to date through post editing with their land's running details so others might interact with them.
First line would be a spoiler of their land claim
Following lines their info.

Just a thought.

Back