Election Commissioner Confirmations

Owenstacey

TNPer
TNP Nation
HuksGares
In accordance with the Election Reform Bill, the RA must confirm the Pallaith's appointments for Election Commissioners shown below:

Pallaith:
In accordance with the new Election Reform Bill, I hereby appoint Crushing Our Enemies, SillyString, Darcania, Eluvatar, Syrixia, and Siwale as Election Commissioners, subject to confirmation votes by the Regional Assembly.

So this thread has been opened to allow the Regional Assembly to debate the appointments. This thread will remain open for five days to allow people ample time to debate these appointments before a vote will be scheduled.

It appears to me there are no objections to these nominations. Furthermore, the next election is around the corner and these commissioners will need time to prepare. I would like to move for a vote, and request the Speaker or his deputy shorten the period of formal debate.

Pallaith's motion to shorten formal debate time has been acknowledged however, due to it being a non-legislative, requires a second.

Does anyone second Pallaith's move to vote.

r3naissanc3r:
I'll second it.

Pallaith:
It appears to me there are no objections to these nominations. Furthermore, the next election is around the corner and these commissioners will need time to prepare. I would like to move for a vote, and request the Speaker or his deputy shorten the period of formal debate.

The formal debate period has ended. A vote has been scheduled to begin in two days (19-06-2017).

I am also ready to answer questions during the debate period, and throughout the vote. Perhaps citizens would like to know particulars of each of our visions for the scope of the forthcoming election rules? How we would interpret certain kinds of irregular ballots? In what circumstances we would vote to overrule a challenged decision of the supervising election commissioners?

The new election laws represent sweeping changes in our election system, and the inaugural Election Commission will play a large part in shaping those changes. This is not only an opportunity to question the appointees, but also to give public input on how we should approach our work post-confirmation.

Back