The Spotlight #3: An Interview with Vice Delegate Kasch

Scorch

TNPer
TNP Nation
Destroedor
Discord
scorchns
Scorch: Hello and welcome to the Spotlight segment for The Northern Lights, Issue XII. Today, I am joined by our current Vice Delegate, Kasch.

Kasch: Thanks for having me, Scorch.

Scorch: It's great to have you on the Spotlight for this issue. Let's get started. What do you think was your greatest accomplishment last term as Minister of Communications?

Kasch: Establishing a platform in which frequent users of the Voice Chat can use their speaking capabilities for a better purpose in terms of regional communication. What was that platform? The Northern Broadcasting Service, or NBS for short. I really hope it is revitalized and used to its full potential this term, it has a brilliant team of broadcasters and helpers behind it, so I think putting it out there for future ministers would be my greatest accomplishment.

Scorch: It really was a great way to spread regional news and give opportunities to Voice Chat users. How has the transition to Vice Delegate been after the election?

Kasch: The transition will happen when it happens. I am making my effort, and so is Pallaith. We knew it was going to take some time. Plembobria has broken records with his endorsement count, and Tomb held a strong WA presence as well, so getting Pallaith to where he needs to be is of course a great challenge that we are willing to solve.

Scorch: It has always taken some time for the new Delegate and Vice Delegate to pass up the old officers. I wish you luck in reaching the necessary endorsement levels. What are your goals as Vice Delegate this term?

Kasch: My goals can be viewed in my campaign platform. But to summarize - I want to continue Tomb's work on increasing representation for the SC members, provide better opportunities for the Keepers of the North, be consistent and reliable with all security checks, and provide reassurance and security to the Delegacy. Anything else would just be extra projects, but I am focused 100% on the Vice Delegacy and everything that comes with it.

Scorch: I'm glad to hear it. What are your thoughts on the new cabinet appointed by Pallaith?

Kasch: I am extremely pleased with all of his appointments! All of them have the capabilities to perform massively well this term.

Scorch: Who has been your most influential mentor in NationStates so far?

Kasch: There are those who have made me who I am today in NationStates, those who have helped me with everything I have done, offered encouragement and guidance when things were tough, there were those who, despite how busy and how frantic their own lives were, took hours of their time to mentor and teach me what I know today.

Kasch: But who is the most influential? Nobody other than Lord Ravenclaw. If you ask him, when I started in this game, I joined Discord and he was one of the first people I reached out to. It made sense to me to think that the current Delegate would be able to help me with almost every little issue I had and every trivial question, but nevertheless, he was patient and answered all of my questions with great dignity and nobility. I looked up to him more than anyone else, and it is because of him that I have become so involved with Executive Council, and done everything I have up until this point.

Kasch: There are many more I could have mentioned, but for the sake of the question, I will leave it at this.

Scorch: Lord Ravenclaw has been a mentor to so many and I am glad to hear that he has affected your NS career as positively as he did. What led you to want to be involved in the TNP government?

Kasch: I have immense respect and adoration for this community and everything it represents, so the only way I knew I could show it was through the government. My work in the government is all a 'thank you' to the North Pacific, in a way.

Scorch: What are some things you feel are unique about TNP?

Kasch: The history and the loyalty. There are few regions with the historical significance and might of the North Pacific. Our best and most influential members are veterans and have been around for many years. Only a few of them live to tell the best and funniest tales of the past. But it is the sense of community and integrity that I feel is unique from other regions on NationStates.

Scorch: What is your favorite position that you have served in so far?

Kasch: Minister of Communications. Not only did I do some of my best work, but I genuinely enjoyed the process of creating issues and organizing broadcasts. It was a very comfortable few months, and I got to work with some brilliant people.

Scorch: It sounds like a great position :P. What led you to look for a game like NationStates?

Kasch: I've always been interested in politics and leadership, but I never knew where to start and discuss it with other people. As someone who is always incredibly curious, I decided to check out some games that involved politics and fictional nation creation. Part of the inspiration I had for joining NationStates was due to the writing and nation outline elements. Publishing factbooks and dispatches quickly became my favourite part of the game. I joined NS the same way most others did - political interest, internet connection and curiosity.

Scorch: Is there anything that you wish was different about TNP?

Kasch: I wish more of us were historically informed. A majority of the newest generation have no idea about what has shaped the region, and it is important for them to understand when things happened and what happened. When you know the past, you can learn from the mistakes and look to the future. I've always wanted to write historically for the North Pacific, I've always wanted to research and report on it. Maybe one day I will have the time.

Scorch: I would love to see you do that. If you could create an event for the citizens of TNP what would it be?

Kasch: I'd expand and work on developing the Spotlight, so that any citizen can be interviewed, or maybe more than one at a time, or maybe multiple interviews at a time... or maybe even a whole team of interviewers reporting and interviewing a whole team of players and nations!

Scorch: I really like that idea. I might just use it myself :P . What is one aspect of NS that you wish to learn more about?

Kasch: History. It has and always will fascinate me how regions have come and gone and the effects that it's best players and nations have had over the years.

Scorch: What other region do you find the most interesting?

Kasch: Europeia, they do everything just as well as the best, but what makes them unique is the UCR elements of it, and how that influences so many areas of regional operation.

Scorch: Last question. What do you want to be known for?

Kasch: My work ethic and my dedication not only to the region in-game but the community and the players itself.

Scorch: I appreciate you coming on the Spotlight today, it was great having you and I wish you luck during this next term.

Kasch: Thanks for having me, Scorch.

Back