[HQ] Liberation Day Planning

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
12. The twenty-eighth of July shall be Liberation Day, and shall commemorate and celebrate the overthrow of Great Bight and return of a native government to the region.

Much as I would love to do another coup for this, for some reason I feel like that wouldn't be appreciated. :P

So, how should we celebrate this holiday? Brainstorm! I want your craziest ideas!

We turn the entire celebration into some sort of Great Bights Mum day and have a pirate theme and all that jazz.

I third Syrixia, I guess.

We should also make this a more forum-side celebration than last one, since there isn't much to do gameside this time.

Some convo from discord:

SillyString: @everyone http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9059349/1/ please respond, on forum or in this channel!
[10:50 AM] Syrixia: Done
[10:55 AM] SillyString: xD
[10:55 AM] SillyString: TNP mothers day
[10:55 AM] SillyString: celebrating all of our favorite mum
[10:55 AM] SillyString: :P
[10:56 AM] COE: We could tell the story of the great bight coup using three word story
[10:56 AM] COE: and see how close we get to the truth :stuck_out_tongue:
[10:58 AM] SillyString: hah
[10:58 AM] SillyString: on the RMB? :P
[10:58 AM] SillyString: ooh we could do it on the RMB and in an agora thread
[10:58 AM] SillyString: and see how the two diverge
[10:59 AM] COE: I feel like things would go to shit on the RMB real fast, with multiple versions, and stuff getting left out
[10:59 AM] SillyString: yeahhhh probably true
[10:59 AM] SillyString: we could make that a new game though, in the game area
[10:59 AM] COE: And a special WFE with a link to the thread
[11:01 AM] SillyString: special, pirate-themed wfe
[11:01 AM] SillyString: :P
[11:01 AM] COE: Also, I suggest that next year, we take the idea from this year's manumission day and use it for liberation day, and make the celebration of manumission day perhaps more somber
[11:02 AM] SillyString: I don't know how to make that work, really
[11:02 AM] SillyString: We don't have a delegacy transition during july
[11:04 AM] SillyString: I guess we could just have whoever is delegate pretend to go rogue
[11:04 AM] SillyString: and try to get people to make up anti-GB songs and slogans
[11:05 AM] SillyString: but it's not quite the same >_>
[11:14 AM] COE: damn, that's right
[11:15 AM] COE: Would it be treason if we bumped a Security Councilor into the delegate seat for a day and then swapped the delegate back in?
[11:16 AM] SillyString: @Syrixia hey can you reduce the size of the text in your signature? Your name takes up like half my screen, and the signature itself about 2/3.(edited)
[11:16 AM] COE: Why are all our great holiday ideas stymied by the criminal code? :frowning:
[11:16 AM] COE: And NS mods
[11:16 AM] SillyString: hahaha
[11:17 AM] SillyString: that
[11:17 AM] SillyString: um
[11:17 AM] SillyString: it would not be treason, necessarily.
[11:17 AM] COE: We're more like the counter-culture ministry
[11:17 AM] SillyString: but I feel like pallaith would set us on fire

To sum up:

1) This year, find something to do. GBM day? Day of thanksgiving? Pirate week? Pick something and make it cool.
2) Next year, do something else for manumission day. Make it a more solemn holiday remembering the people who left over it and the long hard fight.
3) Next year, find a way to do basically what we did for MD, but for LD instead... up to and including putting GBM into the chair for a day or so. This should not qualify as treason but is probably still risky to attempt. :P

WFE changes to a pirate theme, we encourage everyone to adopt pirate themed flags, mottos and all of the customizable nation stuff, get someone to design a pirate theme for the forums, hold celebrations and speeches about the liberation, discuss the history behind the liberation (through VC, memoirs and threads), write poems and songs, play pirate themed games and do all of it in the aforementioned Pirate Week - from the 28th of July to the 3rd of August.

Maybe a day for each of the events/changes above? Or all of this could take place over the whole week.

I like it!

Anyone want to try their hand at making the TNP flag somehow pirate themed?

Or should that be a competition? :P

SillyString:
I like it!

Anyone want to try their hand at making the TNP flag somehow pirate themed?

Or should that be a competition? :P
I'd go for the competition. We have loads of time to get everything organized, so the more submissions that come in, the more we have to be inspired by.

and anyway, a good competition always makes people work to their best :)

I think in conjunction with everything, we should have a 3-word-story event where we attempt to tell the story of the Great Bight coup, and see how close we come to actual events.

I agree with COE's idea, maybe we could event have a contest to see who can come as close as possible to describing the real event. Just a thought.

As a reminder, Pirate Week will be starting on 7/28! We'll have a flag designing competition and a 3-word-GB-story game, and all government officials will be very strongly urged to adopt pirate flags and mottos and talk in pirate talk for the event.

Any other ideas?

ABC, can you make a graphic for the 3-word story?

SillyString:
As a reminder, Pirate Week will be starting on 7/28! We'll have a flag designing competition and a 3-word-GB-story game, and all government officials will be very strongly urged to adopt pirate flags and mottos and talk in pirate talk for the event.

Any other ideas?

ABC, can you make a graphic for the 3-word story?
Aye

I think I've got a graphic:

great_bights_three_word_tale_3.png

Back