[IC] Mayhem in Malheur

Felis

TNPer
Casey reached up for a yellow cereal box sitting on top of her refrigerator, even on her toes she had to nudge the box to the point of almost falling to the ground to even reach it. After she retrieved it, she then grabbed a two-pint carton of milk and prepared her cereal and then sat herself at a small breakfast table, which sat beside a window facing into the garden, the sun was shining over the town already. As she sat, she held a smartphone in her left hand which she was using for texting.

09:12 [louise still meeting? xoxo]
[Yeah! joes on green av right at 11?] 09:19
09:21 [thanks ttyl babe]

Casey grinned and finished off her bowl, then left it by the sink in her usual sloppy manner and rushed off to her wardrobe to change, almost tripping over a crop-top left laying in the living room doorway. Having to decide which summer dress she favoured and the colour of ombre lipstick to use was certainly going to be a mission.

“Oh my god giiirl! I love those new uggs, that white is so cute with those jeans!” Casey called out as she approached her friend, who was waiting patiently at the door of Joe’s Java on her zPhone.

“Oh my god thanks! That ombre lipstick is so cute on you girl!” Louise responded.

The two gave eachother a light hug to greet one another before strolling into the store, Louise joined a queue at the counter and pointed Casey to a small two-person table which sat by the window. Casey’s phoned buzzed. She’d been sent a picture of someone sitting in the coffee shop window by an unknown number.

11:32 [You look good today.]
11:32 [Would be a shame if that dress got dirty.]
11:32 [Maybe some spilt red wine, for example.]
[what the fuck creep] 11:33

At this moment, Casey pulled her belongings closer to herself. Her phone buzzed again. It was clearer this time, it was a picture of her in the shop. She looked out of the window but saw nobody. Only moments passed before another buzz, another picture of her but this one of her looking outside the window.

11:32 [Don’t you worry, I’m just window shopping.]
11:36 [I’ll stop if you do one little thing.]
11:36 [Go to the Eastside Park later and look behind a bench dedicated to Sir John Crawley.]
[fuck of you freak delete my number] 11:37
11:38 [Eastside. John Crawley. And don’t tell.]

Casey breathed heavily and put her head into her hands, worried and waiting for her friend. Casey didn’t know what to think, would her hurt her if she didn’t comply? What if she told someone about it? Emotions were racing through her but she had to remain calm for Louise, who was almost at the table with their coffees.

“This place has gotten so expensive, it’s a ripoff!” Louise complained, “Do you know how much I paid? 13.98 just for two lattes!”

“Yeah.. Expensive.” Casey replied, sounding less zealous than earlier.

“Totes! Did you hear about that Lucy girl from the next town over and what she did with Daniel? You won’t believe it…”

Back