[HQ] Manumission Day Planning

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
9. The twenty-sixth of May shall be Manumission Day, and shall commemorate the end of the delegacy of Pixiedance, and celebrate the return of a democratic government to the region.
Here's the basic, stripped-down story for Manumission Day, for anybody who isn't aware. I may have some details slightly wrong as it was a long time ago: Pixiedance was the democratically elected delegate of TNP, and went rogue. Controlled at various times by Cathyy, Insane Power, and Gracius Maximus, they set up the North Pacific Directorate, banned a bunch of long-term natives, and otherwise tyrannized the region.

The GiE (government in exile), the ADN (alliance defense network), and others worked together to fight the coup and reclaim the region. Stars of Sky, a secret puppet of Pope Hope (the leader of the ADN), infiltrated the NPD and rose up its ranks. On Manumission Day, Pixiedance-as-GM resigned from the WA and gave the nation back to Cathyy, the original owner. Cathyy gave it to her insane boyfriend, Insane Power, who, as update was happening, used Pixiedance's remaining access to the delegacy controls to ban Lungwallabad from the region. Lungwallabad became delegate anyway, because update was sometimes very weird back then, and was able to ban Pixiedance (but could not unban themselves). Stars of Sky took power at the next update, and returned the region to the rightful government.

So, we will be implementing a historical coup reenactment, a live action role play, as part of the delegacy transfer from Plembobria to Pallaith. We will be taking some artistic license with the actual reenactment, of course - the delegacy will go straight to Palliath, with no stop for any Lungwallabadian interlude. And GM will not be taking control of Plembobria for the duration of the event. :P

The rough plan so far is for Plembobria to style his nation after Pixiedance starting on midnight leading into May 25th and change the WFE to an old one used by the NPD. He'll also ban a couple puppets created specifically for this event. We all go on the RMB and rouse rabbles about how terrible the whole thing is during the day. We also organize a last ditch push to get Pallaith - by then the Stars of Pallaith - as many endos as possible. By whatever means necessary, Pallaith will take the delegacy on midnight of May 26th and we will all wake up on Manumission Day itself manumissed and free!

We will, of course, do some coordination with the NPA and with our allies' armies to ensure that Pallaith doesn't take the delegacy too soon, or too late. Worst case, as long as he is in second place, Plembobria can resign right before update to carry the whole show.

So! A couple things to think about:

Is one full day of couping sufficient? Should Plembobria go rogue starting on the 24th, to give us 2 full days of coup and then a final day of freedom?

What other events can we plan for the 26th itself to celebrate our manumission? One idea I had was to reach out to NS veterans who were around back then and participated in the NPD or the GIE or the liberation of TNP and get them to tell interesting stories about things that happened back then. Flem is interested in this, and I think we could also reach out to GBM and Romanoffia internally, GM for a story from the tyrant himself, and maybe some folks like Ananke and CrazyGirl who were much more active in defending back then. Someone who is not me could even reach out to Grosseschnauzer for a tale... but be warned, he might bite.

Any concerns about pulling this off? I admit the timing will be a tad tricky, and we don't have tons of time to plan it all out.

Any other comments or ideas or suggestions?

Item [c] Assignee [c]Make puppets[c]SillyString >_>[c]Inoffensively and unobtrusively adspam with puppets[c]SillyString >_>[c]Contact old-timers for stories from way back when[c]Bootsie[c]Make a Manumission Day graphic[c]abc[c]Make a Stories of Manumission graphic[c]abc[c]Come up with a better name than Stories of Manumission[c]Darcania[c]Contact allied militaries[c]Sankami[c]Dig up old RMB[c]Eluvatar?[c]Write mass TG(s)[c]Plembobria/Pallaith

Anybody who is interested in having a puppet be banjected by Pixiebobria/Plembobridance, please follow these steps:

1) Create a puppet with a coup related name. This should be something that makes it pretty obvious that there is no real coup and these nations are not real victims. Something like "Fake Coup Victim" would be good. Be creative. :P

2) Notify Plembobria and Pallaith of the name of your puppet, and tell them it is part of the event.

3) Post some form of adspam on the RMB. This can be anything you want, technically, but as minimally annoying as possible would be good. Also, if you are clever and want to make it somehow related to the historical event we are emulating, by all means do that. This part is absolutely key and cannot be skipped.

4) Once you've done those, tell me the name of your puppet, either here, by PM, or on Discord.

Edit: Oh yeah, don't everyone do this all at once. We don't want to innundate the RMB with adspam.

Passing on a few posts from SillyString in Discord.
SillyString:
Ok. How about we go with one puppet per day. One person.
Please don't get banned. :P
The idea was to avoid attention for now. :P
Remember, these are couple victims

The above post by SillyString, giving instructions for this event? Please ignore it. This event's been put on hold.

Darcania:
The above post by SillyString, giving instructions for this event? Please ignore it. This event's been put on hold.
As I said on Discord, we screwed up so badly, we can probably still pull of the original plan, since nobody probably realizes what we actually intended to do.

We will. The plan is fine. The part that is on hold is the puppeting - clearly I did not explain what was needed in enough detail. This should not have happened but it is going to be ok.

SillyString:
Is one full day of couping sufficient? Should Plembobria go rogue starting on the 24th, to give us 2 full days of coup and then a final day of freedom?

What other events can we plan for the 26th itself to celebrate our manumission?

Still hoping for input on these...

I have also added a to-do list to the first post. Looking for volunteers but I'm not above assigning tasks if necessary.

After discussing on Discord, here is my finished Manumission Day Graphic:

manumission_day_6.png

SillyString:
SillyString:

What other events can we plan for the 26th itself to celebrate our manumission?

Still hoping for input on these...
He should go rogue starting the 24th. More days or celebration, the better.

I think what we currently have is good, with people talking about what it was like back then.

LET THE GAAAAAAAMES BEGINNNNNN! (in a little over 2 hours). Posting these here for easy access:
Disclaimer to use with every scripted post:
Code:
[i]~~~Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the TNP Ministry of Culture. Please endorse @Pallaith, the legally elected delegate.~~~[/i]

Opening Post:
Code:
[b][i]~The curtain rises...~[/i][/b]

[b]Welcome[/b], ladies and gentlemen and those who identify with neither! Welcome, humans and aliens and [i]everything[/i] in between! Welcome, welcome, welcome to the [i]fabulous[/i], [b]fantabulous[/b], [u]one-and-only[/u] [i]live-action[/i], [b]audience-participation-encouraged[/b] Manumission Day reenactment!

Enter our villain, stage left - the charming, the ruthless, the slightly-unhinged [b]Pixiedance[/b]! Played for you tonight by the talented @Plembobria, our first act depicts the terrible tyranny our brave, beleaguered region faced under Pixiedance's ruthless reign. Controlled at various times by Cathyy, Insane Power, and Gracius Maximus, Pixiedance attempted to install herself and her cronies as the ultimate [u]eeeeeevil[/u] overlords.

Meet the cronies, the fearsome friends, now entering stage right! [b]Poltsamaa[/b], [b]Pletorium[/b], [b]DeutscheDR[/b], and [b]Ahimsan Carthage[/b] - played for you tonight, respectively, by @Guslantis, @Lands_of_Anarchy, @Goyanes, and @Zemnaya_Svoboda! Loyal to Pixiedance, or perhaps to the power she wielded, these four stayed by her side until the bitter end.

Working together, the [u]vexatious[/u] villains did their utmost to squash the democratic spirit that united the natives of The North Pacific. They banned! They convicted! They hid posts and suppressed speech! Meanwhile, the underground heroes  - many of whom, I am sure, will distinguish themselves tonight - stood strong in the face of such tyranny. They wrote battle songs! They satirized their foes! They elected a government and hung onto their home!

And who shall play the [b]mighty heroes[/b], you ask? Why, there is no need to cast them, for they are among us still!

[i][b]~Lights flare, illuminating the audience~[/b][/i]

Behold, [b]your heroes[/b]: the people of TNP, who rallied their forces so many years ago and fought back with courage and tenacity, to protect and defend their home from threat. It is your task, tonight, to once again confront the destruction that faces us all, and stop it in its tracks!

For freedom, once tasted, cannot be so easily forgotten...

---

[i]With possible special guest appearances by:
[list][*]@Flemingovia (as self)
[*]@Great_Bights_Mum (as self)
[*]@Novare_Res (as self)
[*]@Democatic_Donkeys (as Democratic Donkeys)
[*]And others![/i][/list]

Plemby's first reply:
Code:
[b]MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA![/b] I'll grind your bones to make my bread!

Show trial example for plemby:
Code:
I accuse [b]@NationName[/b] of treason, sedition, and attempting to undermine the Directorate! As evidence, I submit the fact that their motto does not mention me even once!
Code:
I find [b]@NationName[/b] guilty of treason, sedition, and attempting to undermine the Directorate! Prepare to be banjected!
(note: pls DON'T banject anybody except approved puppets. Any puppets banned for adspam must be posted in the Nations Banned list in the delegate's government, along with their crime (adspam).)

Example templates for the other villains:
Code:
The masses should be grateful they have us to guide them into a better future. Democracy is for the weak!
Code:
Anybody who doesn't like the Directorate is just an ADN spy and should be banned with extreme prejudice.
And so on...

This is the code for the WFE once this goes live:
Code:
Support your regions voice in the United Nations!  Endorse the [url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=Pallaith]Regional UN Delegate[/url]!

With our allies from Gatesville, USSR, New Sparrow and our friends from the Union of Sovereigns, The Pacific and the German Empire, the ADN menace has been defeated.  The North Pacific is safe once again!

TNP chatroom: [url=https://discord.gg/0p2MoFJe5Tq8M3Kd]esper.net #The_North_Pacific[/url]
TNP community and government forum: [url=http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/]http://s4.invisionfree.com/TheNorthPacific[/url]
[hr]
[i]~~~Disclaimer: This WFE is sponsored by the TNP Ministry of Culture. Please endorse @Pallaith, the legally elected delegate.~~~[/i]

Here are the next set of posts I'm going to make:

Code:
[i]~~~Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the TNP Ministry of Culture. Please endorse @Pallaith, the legally elected delegate.~~~[/i]

And thus did darkness rule the land, for seven [i]loooooong[/i] months. And yet, the [u]fierce[/u] North Pacificans did not give up hope. Although the dictators did not release their iron grip, our loyal patriots were not crushed. Battered, but [b]not beaten[/b], they kept faith with one another, and the ideals for which they fought. 

[b][i]~The curtain falls…~[/i][/b]

***INTERMISSION***

Please take a few minutes to stretch your legs, have some water, and use the restroom! Concession stands are located hither, thither, and yon, offer all major North Pacifican varieties of rum, and can accept all extant currencies. Please be back in your seats promptly at the end of intermission - you do not want to miss the start of Act II!
Code:

***END INTERMISSION***

[b][i]~The curtain rises…~[/i][/b]

One day, there approached a stranger from a distant land. The [u]kind[/u], the [i]lovely[/i], the [b]valiant[/b] Stars of Sky - now entering stage right! Let’s have a round of applause for the [b]supremely talented[/b] and [i]extremely beautiful[/i] @Pallaith! So friendly was she that even the mistrustful Pixiedance welcomed her as a friend, and quickly did she rise up the ranks of the oppressive Directorate.

But Stars of Sky… well, she had a [i]secret[/i]...

Pallaith will adopt the pretitle of either "Stars" (The Stars of Pallaith) or "Stars of Sky" (The Stars of Sky of Pallaith) at this point. Pixiedance will welcome SoS with open arms - something like this:

Code:
Welcome, Stars of Sky, my new dearest confidante! Let us link arms in friendship as we oppress the masses together. Eeeheeheeheehaaaa!
SoS will then post, and her posts will be in 2 parts, internal and external monologues. External she will profess support for the NPD; internal she reveals in bits and pieces that she is in fact a spy for the ADN, out to topple the directorate and restore democratic rule.

Code:
What a wonderful welcome you have given me, Pixiedance! Truly, the Directorate is the best of all possible governments for this region.

[i]Step one is complete! I have successfully infiltrated their ranks, and they don't suspect a thing. This terrible tyranny must end, but for now I must play along.[/i]

Here, I baked you this delicious cake to cement our deep and abiding friendship - I know chocolate is your faaaaavorite!

[i]Whew, I think she bought it![/i]

Last post by the announcer:

Code:

[b][i]~The curtain falls...~[/i][/b]

And thus, after many long days and many longer nights, did the story of Pixiedance come to a close. Under the watchful gaze of Stars of Sky, a new Constitution came into being, and democracy returned to our fair land, and it thrived, and under it we did flourish.

A round of applause for you, our dear audience participants, our heroes and saviors! We have once again been rescued from dreary tyranny. Huzzah!

The Era of Pixeidance was neither the first nor the last coup we survived, but it was the longest lasting, and it left a lasting mark on the collective consciousness. The wounds it had opened within our community took time to heal... and some who had left never did return to our shores.

Please join us in celebrating our freedom at our Memoirs of Manumission event - featuring stories and anecdotes from actual veterans of that first long fight!

Back